Vancouver Olympic Media Updates

TRT 3's Vancouver TV schedule starts here for the Turks with an Olympic Preview show on Wednesday .

Au programme sur France Télévisions :

Pour ces XXIèmes Jeux Olympiques d'hiver, où sport et convivialité seront à l'honneur durant les 16 jours de compétition, France 2 et France 3 proposeront une couverture exhaustive de l'événement — avec plus de 200 heures d'antenne dédiées et près de 300 personnes mobilisées — pour ne rien manquer de ce rendez-vous mondial incontournable.

Cérémonie d'Ouverture, en direct le samedi 13 février de 02h45 à 06h00

Rediffusion le 13/02, dans la matinée, entre 10h40 et 12h45 : féérie du spectacle, et, défilé des 2 701 athlètes, venus des quatre coins de la planète, célébrer les valeurs de compétitivité et de fraternité.

L'émotion sera aussi au rendez-vous lorsqu'après avoir parcouru, depuis la Grèce, 45 000 kilomètres, portée par 12 000 relayeurs durant 106 jours, la flamme olympique illuminera la vasque de Vancouver.

•••••••••••

1) Emission "Avancouver" ,

présentée par l'ami Laurent Luyat, en direct du lundi au samedi de 18h à 19h (sauf le samedi 27 février).

Dès le 15 février, vibrez à l'heure des JO en suivant les multiples chroniques, rubriques, reportages proposés dans Avancouver, avec

chaque jour : un invité principal, le résumé du jour, la séquence webcam téléspectateurs , les petites histoires des Jeux de Nicolas Vinoy, les reportages des envoyés spéciaux M.C.Maury, David Malarme, Emmanuel Lefort, Michel Goldstein et la chronique d'Antoine de Maximy.

Et encore et toujours des directs : Roch Voisine depuis Vancouver, Nathalie Simon dans Les stations font les Jeux, Sandra Laoura dans Les Jeux à l'Essai et tous les commentateurs et consultants dans Le tour des sites.

•••••••••••

2) Toutes les épreuves en "Direct" :

Tous les jours de 19h à 06h - Présentation : Laurent Luyat (19h à 23h) et Jean-François Laville (23h à 06h)

En continu et en alternance sur France 2 et France 3 pour ne rien manquer des JO, Laurent Luyat et Jean-François Laville laissent la priorité au direct et nous entraînent sur les pistes glacées et enneigées où se tiennent les différentes compétitions.

••••••••••••

3) Emission "Retour à Vancouver" présentée par Gérard Holtz, tous les jours de 10h15 à 11h45.

A partir du dimanche 14 février, retrouvez chaque matin Gérard Holtz pour 90' d'images, d'infos et d'humour

Au programme de cette émission : retour sur les compétitions du jour, des invités , les portraits des médaillés français du jour ; les analyses des consultants de France Télévisions, les Jeux à l'Essai avec Sandra Laoura , sans oublier le Zapping.

•••••••••••

Cérémonie de clôture , en direct le lundi 1er mars de 02h25 à 05h – Rediffusion le lundi 1er mars, en matinée, entre 9h et 11h, heure française.

Les Jeux sont faits mais tous les participants, médaillés ou non, se retrouveront pour célébrer avec passion et enthousiasme la fin de ces XXIèmes Jeux Olympiques d'hiver.

•••••••••••

Sans oublier les émissions habituelles : 1) "Tout le sport", présenté par Henri Sannier et Claire Vocquier, tous les soirs.

2) Stade 2, présenté par Lionel Chamoulaud, avec trois émissions spéciales consacrées aux JO les dimanches 14 février, 21 février et 28 février, de 17h30 à 18h40

3) et enfin, les Journaux Télévisés nationaux de France 2 et France 3, et, les différentes éditions des Journaux Télévisés régionaux et locaux de France 3.

n°1320

catth

Posté le 06-02-2010 à 18:53:19 profilanswer

I don't know if this is the exact thread to post it, but I'd like to share the video with the teaser made by the official broadcaster of the games in Brazil: TV Record.

It's funny to see after the teaser the sponsors spots featuring lots of sunny Brazilian beaches.

For yesterday record, Rio got the second biggest temperature on Earth! 43,9C, lost only to Ada, Ghana.

It'll be funny to watch all the snow in Vancouver while here we are melting!

Sky Television in New Zelaand today started broadcasting the Olympic News Channel

Official Olympic News Channel (ONC) on Air Now on SKY Sport

The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics official News Channel ONC launched on SKY Sport this morning in New Zealand offering viewers fresh information straight from Canada in the lead up to the opening ceremony this Saturday 13 February with updates continuing throughout the event.

Over the next few days tune in to see athlete profiles, training, reviews and all the background information on how the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics will operate and all the work that has led up to this exciting event!

ONC is being broadcast on SKY Sport 5 & SKY Sport 7 as part of SKY Televisions unprecedented coverage of the Winter Olympics offering four dedicated Olympic channels (SKY Sport 4, 5, 6 & 7) to all SKY Sport subscribers as well as daily highlight packages on SKY Sport 1 from 7pm – 9pm. Prime will offer over 12 hours of free to air coverage each day with a comprehensive collection of the best of the day’s event’s from 5.30am, along with a hour long Crowd Goes Wild special each night at 9.30pm.

This is the most comprehensive Winter Olympic Coverage new zealand has ever seen. Bloody awesome.

For the record, TV Record (ok, a little bit confusing) sent the biggest Brazilian TV coverage ever to some Winter Games. It'll be the first time Winter Games will be broadcasted in open-air TV in a major TV network in Brazil.

Indeed, there are more TV Record professionals in Vancouver than Brazilian athletes...

Having upgraded my own technology recently to now be able to record in HD, I'm going all out once again for Vancouver for what will be the 11th full Olympics in my connection, every games going back to Albertville in 1992. Hopefully I should be able to get everything from NBCU so if anyone is looking to trade for coverage of this or any other Olympics, feel free to send me a PM.

And Durban, thanks again for all of the information provided over the past few weeks. Don't know how you do it sometimes, but great job as always.

Thanks Quaker2001, and you're not so bad yourself in bringing in the NBC insights here, even correcting what I wrote about it. It surely takes dilligence, ample Google searches, translating them in a lot of cases, patience and perseverence, and a curiousity above all else. Wikipedia (in their list of Olympic broadcasters) and Google, though not always perfect are good beginning sources. Clearly it is a labor of love of the Olympics; otherwise I wouldn't be here in these forums. :D

Alright, we got Russia finally in the Olympic broadcasting mix with their Vancouver plans. I failed to nab them for Beijing 2008, so this makes up for it--if I spot the Beijing plans, I'll look for them. Starting with Channel One. It will will air more than 100 hours of Vancouver Olympic fun starting with the Opening Ceremony live from Vancouver with an average of 7 hours a day. Channel One's coverage is headlined by--no surprise here--hockey (11 of the 18 group games and the men's Gold Medal Final) and figure skating (men's short program, all of the original dance and women's). There's a name out of the broadcasting roster for us Westerners and that is journalist Vladimir Pozner, who made his mark appearing on US TV Sunday morning shows during the Soviet era. He'll co-host the Opening Ceremony with Cyril Nabutov. Don't worry, other Winter Olympic sports are to be involved live despite the time zone difference from Vancouver to Moscow. What will happen here is that Perviy Kanal will deal with the first week of coverage and then let Russia TV deal with the rest for the most part, including the Closing Ceremony that will feature Sochi, Russia of course, so it won't alternate like ARD and ZDF is doing with theirs. Channel One's Vancouver 2010 Olympic TV schedule (translated), Channel One Vancouver 2010 TV promo (one of the best ones out there), and Channel One's Vancouver webpage.

No, NTV Russia isn't going to be involved in this. But meanwhile Russia TV is involved as the co-presenter of the Vancouver coverage. I've been trying to get the TV schedule translated via Google but to no avail. Russia 1 starts with women's 7.5km sprint live at 22:55. Russia 2 may possibly begin its coverage by transmitting the Vancouver Opening Ceremony live. But it may turn out to be a simulcast from Channel One. Leading up to and after that, Russia 2 will re-broadcast Opening Ceremonies from past Winter Olympics from Lillehammer to Torino through Saturday morning. It has its own Vancouver preview show leading up the OC. Internet sports portal Sportbox has the more extensive Winter Olympics coverage apparently as the sports channel jointly operated by Channel One and Russia 1 and 2 with five live concurrent Internet streams, best moments videos, contests, and polls. TV News Channel Russia 24 features all the news and developments from Vancouver and more online. Radio-Vesti FM has Olympic Wave with news from Vancouver around the clock, and Radio Mayak airing the major events and Olympic heroes interviews live. Sportbox (translated) Russia 2/Sportbox Olympic TV schedule (for now)

DR1, DR2, and DR HD will have up to 150 hours of Vancouver 2010 coverage live. Jan Hardkamp will act as the anchor of DR's studio coverage with other members in the studio include Soren Reedtz, Maja Rosager, and Louise Dreisig. They're having their mention, so it's now TV2's turn. All of them took a while for them to show up online. TV2, TV2 Zulu, and TV2 Sputnik are getting involved. And now, the TV2 and TV2 Zulu Vancouver Olympic TV schedule. There is a bit of an error with Opening Ceremony endtime; it goes to 10:55, unless this is the highlights from it.

Another rather latecomer to the Olympic broadcasting announcements is Lietuvo Televizija from Lithuania. And this is the network's schedule from LTV2 . But for right now, it goes up to February 21. The green print denotes the Lithuanian athletes competing. Oh, where's Sumi in this? You're supposed to have all of the mascots, LTV.

RTE's Bill O'Herlihy, the charismatic sports announcer all 71 years young, signed on recently up to London 2012 as the sportsanchor presenter for the Irish TV network, meaning he will be there for Vancouver. Speaking of RTE Ireland, haven't yet seen the TV guide, but it is on the Vancouver Live program.

HRT 2, HRT Drugi in Croatia, begins the Vancouver programming with a look back on the past involving the legendary performance

of skiier Janica Kostelic from Salt Lake City at 16.55 tomorrow and, after several hours, a two hour preview show at 20.10 called ZOI-OLIMP and then at 2.55 the Opening Ceremony. Like a lot of nations in the area, it will air the live Olympic competition during primetime and onto late night. Afternoons is a hour-long daily review show. This will have to do for now.

Georgia's First Channel is the broadcaster for Georgians during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. Everything startswith the Opening Ceremony live from Vancouver at 6am early Saturday Georgia time and then a rebroadcast at 20.45 Saturday evening followed by live skiing and ski jumping up to 1.55. And not the ski jumping qualifications like so many nations' broadcasters are doing. Two Olympic news updates come in daily at 18 and 22 and then after a few hours the live coverage like more skiing and skating. Armenia's First Channel will have figure skating, biathlon, and freestyle skiing after the Opening Ceremony (in its entirety) with no Olympic news and highlights show for the first few days of the Olympics. Coverage in countries like Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan shouldn't be expected to be much; it's all about the select coverage from the popular sports. At least it's better than South Africa's.

More HD info from STV 3 for Vancouver

Another version of Ceske Televize's Olympic TV schedule for CT2 and CT4 , similar to Beijing.

Mert Smeets and Dione De Graaf will co-host Nederland 1's live broadcast of the Opening Ceremony from Vancouver's BC Place.

So SVT's Vancouver webpage has a a new lookas we get closer and closer by the hour to the start of the Games. So without further adieu, I forgot to add what are the SVT Olympic commentators' thoughts on questions about what lies ahead in Vancouver with the sports they'll cover.

Actually it will be ET1 in Greece, not NET that did the last Winter Olympics, that will take care of the Greek TV coverage from Vancouver out of the ERT TV family of networks. ET1 will do some stuff like the Opening Ceremony while ET+, its new sports network, which seems to be a trend among many European public state-run TV broadcasters, will act as the more comprehensive and extensive Olympic coverage. NET will handle the news updates from Vancouver. Like with so many EBU-affiliated broadcasters, it gets access to the live Internet streams with commentary provided in local languages. Plus the now-usual 24/7 Olympic News Channel, and six EBU streams with English graphics with no commentary. More details can be found with this click.

As it was announced about several months ago, ESPN Deportes has the TV rights to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Games for every nation in South America except Brazil and for the Spanish-speaking nations in the West Indies, Mexico, and Central America. There's little in the way of details when it comes to what sports will be covered. The structure is the same, save for the specific time zone a nation within that zone is in, on ESPN Deportes, ESPN+ (where the bulk of the coverage lies), and ESPN HD. Worth noting though that Venezuela and the Central American and Caribbean nations will only get ESPN's three hour daily highlight coverage via satelitte and only on ESPN HD and not on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN+, and ESPN Dos. Still can't find much info about TV Azteca's and Televisa's Olympic plans. Likely they're do a lot of entertainment-oriented shows focusing on the Olympics.

Belarus' TV-First and TV LAD's Olympic TV schedule anyone?

To the hosts Canada, that consortium is really putting out all of the stops for its coverage as we anxiously await the start of the XXI Winter Olympic Games. Matter of fact, CTV decided to do things early with a NINE HOUR Olympic torch relay show as the flame goes through the final stretches through the streets of Vancouver passing through the famous landmarks before going to the BC Place, CTV British Columbia goes store front with its studio, and don't forget that the Opening Ceremony itself will have will have distinctly Canadian direction during its unprecedented unilateral TV coverage on 13 networks. Also we now know officially the full 11 languages roster for the Opening Ceremony. Several of them weren't surprising even with the English and French. I would like to see the American broadcast to emulate that in the future. Ottawa's CPAC joins to supply the French coverage. BTW, ETALK is involved too in this.

Coverage has started on Sky Sports in New Zealand with a reply of the ski jumping practice round. The qualification round is about to be broadcast live. Then it is the build up to the opening ceremony! Its going to be great.

So Canada right now is getting live coverage of the final stages of the relay piped in from CIVT-TV simulcast across the entire CTV network it seems. They've also been running a little (and I mean little, pretty small numbers guys D:) countdown clock to the opening ceremony in the top-right.

And to those wondering, yes when I say piped in, I mean that it's using standard CTV News graphics and production too, so its clearly not being produced by the sports department. They're basically simulcasting a local newscast nationally.

The broadcast just started on TV Record (open air TV) in Brazil.

You guys would be laughing about all the explanations about everything in Winter Games, since Brazilians are not used to it.

OK, I'm back here after a few days off mostly due to my new work schedule.

Canada's Olympic Host Broadcast Media Consortium gives its viewers a big thank you for the monster Canadian TV record ratings on its 11 channels for the Opening Ceremonies Friday night and here too.

Isn't this interesting? Greenland, not actually an IOC member, actually has Vancouver Olympic TV coverage from its own media outlet called KNR, Kalaallit Nunaata Radioa, the Greenlandic Broadcasting Corporation. But as a Danish territory, it can also get it from TV2 and DR. So it can be safely assumed that the coverage will be in Danish. Is there complimentary coverage on KNR-TV in Kaalalisuut from Gothab (Nuuk)? I'd like to know more about Greenland's Olympic coverage. Is this a first for Greenland on its own?

TV Azteca apparently doesn't want to cover Vancouver for Mexico. Televisa doesn't want too either. Perhaps the city is too expensive for the tastes the mainstream Mexican broadcasters to draw them in for their entertainment areas. Last time at the Winter Olympics, when Mexico didn't send an Olympian, Televisa focused on the popular winter sports to Mexicans like figure skating. So who's doing it now for Mexico outside of ESPN? Turns out actually that the public and educational broadcasters, XEIMT-TV, Canal 22, and TV Nuevo Leon (TVNL). Unlike Canal 22, there's little in the way of programming info outside of the TV guide. For some hours live in the afternoon during the Olympic days, Canal 22 airs competition, but it's jumping around around several sports with primetime being the late night 1-hour recap show, except on days when figure skating is on as a tape-delayed programming in the place of Resumen Vancouver.

Tried to make repeated visits to Bulgarian National Television's Vancouver Winter Olympic website after my first. But since then, the connection to it got cancelled. Not sure why; all I wanted is to get the TV schedule and study it--translated through Google of course thanks to the Cyrillic alphabet. By the way, it's more than about time for BNT to have a BNT 2 and BNT 3 with a Bulgarian sports TV channel.

Greece ET1 and ERT Sports + are airing 200 hours of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. That's not bad for Greece as it is unprecedented for the nation. Makes me wonder what kind of coverage Greek TV had in the past leading up to Torino. In recent past Olympics, I can safely assume, with its lack of Winter Olympic success, it had a few hours a day and some highlights.

Lately, as far as this topic is concerned, I'm working on saving onto my 8GB flash drive schedules from around the world for the past week from Canada, the USA, Great Britain, Norway, The Netherlands, Austrlaia, New Zealand, Turkey, ESPN Star (South Asia and Southeast Asia), Brazil, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Greece, Italy, and Switzerland, to name numerous examples. At times, it was difficult with dealing with the translations for the Russian Channel One, Sportbox, and Russia 2. The opening of some files as a test was a little bit of a chore. Matter of fact, those motion Olympic TV schedules from Canada (the Consortium), Australia (FOXTEL), New Zealand (SKY Sport/PRIME), Britain (BBC), Poland (TVP), and Italy (SKY Italia) on their respective websites when trying to save as webpages gave me the biggest issues. I'm trying to save money with this instead of printing out copies online, seemingly all at once. Other nations are surely to come in short time. Guess what I'll have to do soon after the Games are complete is request via email for Olympic TV schedules up to Vancouver from the various broadcasters.

RTSH, Radio Televizioni Shqiptar, the carrier for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics for Albanians thanks to its TV arm, TVSH. Problem is, the website has NO info or reference whatsoever on Vancouver. Actually, the website hasn't been updated in almost a year--look at the TV programming guide that ends on March 10. Even with its down Bulgarian TV Olympic website, BNT still have updates. Such a shame...

Kazakhstan has Khabar TV and El Arma carrying the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olmypics for Kazaks in Central Asia with Borat Sagdiyev not to be seen anywhere. I managed to save onto my flash drive the TV schedule a week ago. Coverage is at 120 hours for the games with an emphasis on biathlon, cross country skiing, ski jumping, luge, skeleton, short track, as well as the usual figure skating, ice hockey, and skiing. Right now as of this writing, Khabar's website is down. It's even less so with Armenian TV 1 having shown so far only figure skating, biathlon, skiing, cross country skiing, and ski jumping, with hockey finally coming on Sunday (Russia-Czech Republic).

TSR has their little answer of sorts to Australia's Roy and HG's the Dream. It's Romain and Thierry Aux Jeux, reprising what they done in Turin. See their Facebook page.

One of the intersting things about Montenegro's coverage from RTCG lies in the fact that for the first weekend at least of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics neither RTCG 1 or RTCG 2 aired anything from it because it went off the air for the weekend following the Opening Ceremony. There's not much promotion of Vancouver from their website, let alone a TV schedule for it.

Has anyone noticed how SBS' logo is a knockoff of NBC's Vancouver logo?

What channel does Israel's coverage?

Next time, I'll get to the Facebook pages with the usual stuff I bring out to you.

Should've dealt with this earlier, but things weren't quite ready until I saw it on a list of the 2010 Olympic broadcasters on Wikipedia on Opening Day. Azerbaijan's national TV and radio network, Channel 1, is already at Vancouver bringing the broadcasts. I can't translate what is said on their Vancouver 2010 website through Google. Perhaps what does gets said is that 76 hours of the Olympics back to Azeris, whose language resembles a lot like Turkish, since both are predominately Muslim nations. The broadcasters are Tural Dadasov, Elman Mamisov, Elnur Aliyev, and Dilqem Sarifov. Is much of the programming live? Or will it just be both ceremonies with a few hours of highlights every night? Its promo, using the footage from the OBSV intro and various World Championships, pledges to air all sports at some point. I can't find the Olympic programming TV guide anywhere.

No way would any TV rights holder, big or small from Azerbaijian to hosts Canada, of the Winter Olympics would ever skip or pre-empt the women's figure skating competition in its programming, especially the upcoming free skate. It's the jewel of the crown in every Olympics and omitting would draw the ire of the IOC, even during highlight coverage.

We haven't dealt with Canada's multilingual portion of the massive 2010 Vancouver coverage as hosts much on this post or more consistently that we would like. For one thing, everything was kept under wraps about their plans much, leaving some morsels at a time leading up to Vancouver. Exactly a full week before the start of the Games, it officially announced the 63-strong broadcasting team for APTN, OMNI, and ATN. We know now the 11 languages that were utilized for the Opening Ceremonies that Friday night based on the viewers guides and press releases--English, French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Portuguese, Cree, Punjabi, Tamil, Inuktitut, and . A very inexperienced group in terms of sports coverage is presented that was trained rigorously for this new venture since sports is not a big thing on their networks. Even if I was a Canadian, I wouldn't be too familiar with many of the broadcasters. The one I am most familiar with is Waneek Horn-Miller, the Vancouver English language APTN Olympic host. The last few decades for her as a proud Mohawk were very eventful: at 14, she clutched her sister after being nearly-fatally stabbed by a soldier's bayonet in her chest in a photo appearing on the front pages of newspapers across Canada during the 1990 Oka, Quebec Crisis; was a star on the 2000 Canadian women's Olympic water polo team in Sydney during which she posed nude with a strategically-placed water polo ball obscuring her breasts in front of the Canadian flag for Time Canada's Sydney preview (and was featured in a series of IBM TV commercials of various Sydney Olympians during Sydney); became a reporter, model, and public speaker; became a Director for McGill University's First Nations House; sued Water Polo Canada for dismissal practices; and got engaged with judoka that threatened to have her Mohawk membership nullified. Because of her experience in sports, I'd like to think she's doing a good job at APTN. It would be nice if she called some of the sports, maybe she will come across that come London if Canada qualifies for women's water polo then. How were those languages were able to determine to call what's what during the OC if two languages were going to do that? Cantonese and Mandarin were OK since both languages are very related though they are different dialects. I was surprised that Hindi was not included for OC. In addition to the absence of languages like German, Korean, Spanish, and Greek, I was a little surprised that Polish and Ukrainian were restricted to hosting their language coverage and not sports like ice hockey, which surely has a lot of fans in both. Hockey, that fabric of Canadian society, won't get left out. This mulitlingualism does have a lot of promise in terms of coverage not just for Canada, which can serve as a model for its mosaic multiculturalism, but for other nations like the United States, which should emulate that in some way (more on that later) for future Olympics with more languages added. I think part of how those languages are picked is because of the large Toronto and Vancouver populations those languages have. Hell, the Toronto Raptors have radio broadcasts of their games in Punjabi. I'm surprised none of the South Asian languages took up curling for broadcast! Also, as an American, I have no access to how it is coming along outside of press releases and plans. Hopefully someone, not necessarily on these boards, recorded them in all of the languages.

Actually RTE is not broadcasting any of the Winter Olympics on TV, which is a shame. I can confirm that when I saw the TV guide for it on its website and just only online. We realize the Winter Olympics, like in, say, Latin American nations don't garner much interests to the public or in the media there like the summer counterpart, but as an event, shouldn't at least some of the sports be shown in a few hours of highlights? Maybe it's doing them for weekends.

If you noticed with the Olympic programming airing on the News Corporation entities like FOXTEL, SKY Italia, and SKY Sport New Zealand from the beginning, you'll see not just the competition and Opening Ceremonies but official films of past Olympics like Nagano, Salt Lake City, and Torino with Vancouver previews in those countries and other Olympic-related programming like Michael Buble's Canada. Like with Canada's CTVglobemedia-Rogers Media Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium, there are full-event replays and encore presentations of select events like both ceremonies, the men's gold medal hockey game, bobsledding, cross-country sprint that will fill up the thousands of hours of Olympic TV coverage. That's what it really explains it, more so than the multiple languages.

Wikipedia says that the French language Belgian TV coverage hails from La Une and La Deux. Problem is, when I check out the TV schedule from those channels, La Une does not do any of the sports, only the Opening Ceremonies. La Deux has done the Jeux Olympique swith the re-airing of the Opening Ceremony and the sports only on weekends. It will air the gold medal game already in progress live and a few hours after that the Closing Ceremonies. Sure the French can get stuff online through Vancouver Live and on French Televisions. The Flemish portion got it so much better on the domestic tip. Keeps up with the "Why does Belgium's Olympic TV coverage suck?" in the French portion. Guess RTBF just doesn't seem interested in them.

I can presume Cyprus gets their coverage in highlights on PIK along with possibly ERT. Malta? I don't know outside of BBC feeds. Luxembourg? France Televisions, Een/EXQI Sport, Nederland 1, ARD/ZDF, and La Une and La Deux.

I must say I'm finding this fascinating.

I am updating a blog that is focusing on different countries' TV coverage of the Games.

Is it possible that someone could send me some screenshots of different national coverage of the Games - studios sets, captions, interviewers, presenters etc.

I already have UK, France, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Slovakia covered... there are of course many more...

If anyone can help, do send me a mail please.

TIA...

Seoul Broadcasting System recently launched a joint business channel with CNBC called SBS-CNBC that goes along other SBS TV entities like SBS Golf and SBS Sports. Well, according to Wikipedia's list of the 2010 Olympic broadcasters, those just-mentioned channels are also part of the SBS Olympic coverage. However, there isn't much mention of what sports those are airing. Are they in full with no Korean commentary with the Olympic feed supplied by CTV? How many those are airing?

In Belarus, Belarus NTV is involved with the Vancouver coverage. Wikipedia says so, but I need to know what that is doing. Maybe Olympic sports news since news is what it does.

RTS 2 in Serbia broadcast the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. Need to find how many hours.

How does RAI Dua, RAI Tre, and RAI Sport Piu break down its 100 hours of Vancouver coverage? What events does it get out of the three? Almost forgot about the SKY Italia Olympic channels:

SKY Olimpia 1--Anchor channel(?), Alpine skiing

SKY Olimpia 2--Nordic skiing

SKY Olimpia 3--Ice Skating

SKY Olimpia 4--Ice Hockey

SKY Olimpia 5

Save for 30 minutes highlights the week after the 2006 Games, they never ever have.

Thanks for that. That's where the online Eurovision coverage is for since Ireland does not have the potent enough audience for the Winter Olympics, it seems. Of course's the BBC TV programming on BBC Two as another option if needed. But at least show the Ceremonies, for it's the apex of the Olympics for many. 30 minutes won't cut it even after the fact these days, regardless of the featured Irish Olympians.

Thanks for finding it fascinating! If I had greater financial access, we posters here would be talking about the sets, announcers, captions, and the like more in depth. What's your Olympic TV blog?

Thanks for that. That's where the online Eurovision coverage is for since Ireland does not have the potent enough audience for the Winter Olympics, it seems. Of course's the BBC TV programming on BBC Two as another option if needed. But at least show the Ceremonies, for it's the apex of the Olympics for many. 30 minutes won't cut it even after the fact these days, regardless of the featured Irish Olympians.

Thanks for finding it fascinating! If I had greater financial access, we posters here would be talking about the sets, announcers, captions, and the like more in depth. What's your Olympic TV blog?

Well, having browsed through these 25 pages I've been reading since Wednesday, the blog would pale by comparison, but it is at vancouver2010TV.wordpress.com

If anybody happens to have screenshots of coverage from countries other to those mentioned, I would not mind a mail to vancouver2010TV@yahoo.ca - but it is a lot more modest than the exhaustive research on these pages!

i thought i would provide this link to an absolutely shameful article, personally i think this is lower than even the british media. at least they kind of ate crow over the whole worst games ever comment.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/02/28/1780198_it-was-a-canadian-party-and-canada.html?storylink=omni_popular

i thought i would provide this link to an absolutely shameful article, personally i think this is lower than even the british media. at least they kind of ate crow over the whole worst games ever comment.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/02/28/1780198_it-was-a-canadian-party-and-canada.html?storylink=omni_popular

This guy lost all credibility when he wrote:

China sold 6.8 million tickets to its 2008 Summer Olympics. Vancouver only made 1.6 million available

There's clearly something he doesn't understand... ;)

Vancouver 2010 may be over (save for the upcoming Paralympics later this month), but I'm not done at all! :) There's still some updates and thoughts that are coming.

Isn't it amazing just how much the Canadian Olympic TV coverage has grown exponentially since the last time Canada hosted the Winter Olympics in Calgary, Alberta in 1988? When CTV held the TV rights to the Calgary Winter Olympics, it aired 118 hours with TSN becoming the first cable sports TV network in the world to air the Olympics as a supplemental provider airing 112. TVA did the French-language coverage (RDS had yet to hit the airwaves). CBC had a one-hour primetime review show. To put that in some perspective, ABC came close to 100 but didn't in its last Olympics telecast. Also when TNT became the first US cable network to air Olympic stuff four years later as a junior partner to CBS, its total hours each of the three Winter Olympics it subsequently aired was less than half of what TSN showed. Would like to know how TSN did their portion of the coverage. Did it display more hockey, I presume, since that was what the then-Labatt-owned network was known for showing? Did it show some of the demonstration sports like short track and curling? Was it also the outlet for the re-airing of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies? Now, thanks to an expansion of the Games' events, multicultural awareness, and TV/Internet outlets, Canadians enjoyed up to 4500 hours of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics in 22 languages, where you can get everything without missing a minute! Sure there were some reruns in select material. But this should be a template for the future coverage like London and Sochi, should CTV get the rights to that. By London 2012, Canada should get into digital TV and can go even further in what it aims to do. It would've been nice if CTV decided to re-air the Calgary 1988 Opening and Closing Ceremonies leading up to the Vancouver coverage, possibly before the Vancouver Torch Relay, but that's all right

No surprise (and already mentioned at the ice hockey topic here) was of the men's gold medal ice hockey between Canada and the United States expectedly scored boffo TV ratings in Canada with the final event of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics drawing 22 million Canadian TV viewers with Sidney Crosby ending the Olympic competition with his golden goal, making it the biggest Canadian TV event ever. You better score that much when it's aired live simultaneously on CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, V, RDS, OMNI, APTN, ATN, RDS Info Sports, and OLN in 11 languages. The following Closing Ceremony was not far behind in the most-watched department even eclipsing the Opening Ceremony, often seen as the apex for Olympic TV viewers. On that, the CTVglobemedia-Rogers Media Olympic Host Broadcast Media Consortium should take a lengthy standing overation and applause for its high ratings and coverage. There are, however, some things to improve upon for London. But it's worth noting CTV did a very good job considering how long it went without Olympic TV for 16 years since Lillehammer. That Believe/Imagine campaign throughout Canada for two years really worked! Expect many of the same personnel to return for London in two years' time.

One additional thing I found out about APTN's portion of the coverage having just been at APTN website, made me aware of how the multiple language thing worked during select events was it was conducted regionally throughout Canada. If you lived west (BC to western Ontario), the language of choice was either Cree or Ojibway. Up north (Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, northern Quebec, and Newfoundland) was Inuktivut. Eastern Canadian portions from much of Ontario to Newfoundland-Labrador had among Cree, Mohawk, and Mi'Kmaq. Check out APTN Vancouver 2010 TV guide with accompanying regional TV language map and the recent tweets from Waneek Horn-Miller. And there's the APTN Olympic broadcasting hosts profiles. I think since there's London coming up planned for, there will be room to grow for APTN's sports coverage. By then, maybe CTVOlympics.ca can offer the language option in those languages for sports.

I wanted to make sure that the 9 languages were right for the Olympic Consortium's broadcast of the men's gold medal hockey game--English (CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet), French (TQS/V, RDS, APTN), Italian (OMNI 1), Cantonese, Mandarin (OMNI 2), Mi'Kmaq, Inuktitut, and Cree (APTN).

If you noticed on the APTN's Olympic TV schedule, you noticed that the women's moguls was highlighted. That's because, obviously and understandably, there was an assumption this event was where Canada's first ever gold medal as hosts was to come from from Jenn Heil. That didn't happen though. And they may have missed out on the Aboriginal language coverage of Montreal's Alexander Bilodeau's historical gold the next day. Oh well...

I, like a lot of other NBC viewers, did notice NBC's original Winter Olympics TV graphics in conjunction with the IOC-issued ones. CTVglobemedia-Rogers Media surely did likewise with theirs. There seems to be emphasis and use on red, white, and black. Makes me wonder about the multilingual coverage use of graphics, if at all. Did they go only English for OMNI and ATN? I can safely assume APTN utilized both English and French for their portions of the coverage.

APTN's Olympic TV schedule was poated last time. Now here comes the belated OMNI channels' Olympic TV schedule that I found at a nice sports blog during the tail end of the Winter Olympics called Eye On Sports. OMNI's coverage largely came during its primetime, like what ABC used to do when it aired the Winter Olympics back in the day, with a lot of the events it showed aired on tape delay with the exception of figure skating, hockey, short track, moguls, snowboarding, and the ceremonies. Perhaps I can take it that the OMNI commentators were not at the venues but instead at the IBC calling the action on their TV monitors (this was likely the case with many from APTN and ATN). Maybe when the next time to call the Winter Olympics on OMNI happens, perhaps with Sochi four years from now, that the programming will get more extensive in terms of hours. Also, how if two languages were assigned to call an event for one channel (Cantonese/Mandarin, for example), when do they divide the coverage? It does seem the Eastern European languages of Polish and Ukrainian tend to get the short shrift in the language coverage with just two people for each who were just co-hosts with no further portfolio. Polish more so--also notice that the Polish language code is not there on the schedule.

For those who had some difficulties trying to print out the CTVglobemedia-Rogers Media Olympic Host Broadcast Media Consortium's Viewers Guide, allow me to give you an alternative thanks to Channel Canada. The link is for the first day of coverage, and it doesn't include the 14 online stream channels, which covers the exact same events but with some more (often exclusive) footage that is now on-demand. Additional days will come soon. If you got the Globe and Mail's viewers guide, you're pretty much good.