Suckers for punishment

annecy won 't receive suport from governement,because people just don 't want to hear abvout olympics here right now

annecy mayor believes his city will won the bid for 2012games because IOC does nt wants a disapointed france.

But the IOC has played with us,ithe third time bid has eben a disavantage as the IOC thinks we will bid forever.

people are just sad because evreybody thinks that london unlike paris  played the game & won dishonestly.

everybody knows that london was a strong rival,but the fact that tony blair can met in his room one day beforre the vote IOC menber disguts the french delgation and french people.

it is not the fact to loose 3 time that worry me,it 's that people thinks we was robed because blair don 't respect rule

understand me,london has a great bid and surely deserve to won over paris,but lord coe and blair methods in singapour and the fact they were rewarded with the games  create a bad feeling and about the IOC.

p.s: i don 't think london won dishonestly myself,i just give you the genral feeling here

this amkes me feels that we w

annecy won 't receive suport from governement,because people just don 't want to hear abvout olympics here right now

annecy mayor believes his city will won the bid for 2012games because IOC does nt wants a disapointed france.

But the IOC has played with us,ithe third time bid has eben a disavantage as the IOC thinks we will bid forever.

people are just sad because evreybody thinks that london unlike paris  played the game & won dishonestly.

everybody knows that london was a strong rival,but the fact that tony blair can met in his room one day beforre the vote IOC menber disguts the french delgation and french people.

it is not the fact to loose 3 time that worry me,it 's that people thinks we was robed because blair don 't respect rule

understand me,london has a great bid and surely deserve to won over paris,but lord coe and blair methods in singapour and the fact they were rewarded with the games  create a bad feeling and about the IOC.

p.s: i don 't think london won dishonestly myself,i just give you the genral feeling here

this amkes me feels that we w

Well, Paris had every opportunity to sell its bid over the years -certainly a lot more time than London ever had, which was only 2 years following the backing of the UK government. If it had wanted Chirac could have stayed for the 3 days, but he chose not to. Tony Blair couldn't stay for the presentation, as Chrirac was able to do, so he had an advantage there.

I do understand that Paris feels very sad and I'm sure I would do as well. It is just wrong to accuse London of being dishonest though (although thank you for saying that you don't think this). This was the fairest ever selection of an Olympic city, with very strict rules. Yes, the London campaigned very hard (it had to make up a lot of ground), but it played by the rules and was able to convince the IOC that it was the most suitable for hosting the Games. Paris was favourite, but it narrowly lost at the end. It should graciously accept this and not blame London, Tony Blair, the IOC, the weather or anything else.

I'm sorry but this is maybe an indication of why it failed to secure the Games: it played safe and hoped it would be enough to convince the IOC, but the IOC was feeling unusually brave on July 6 and was prepared to take more of a risk with London. That's how history will view it and is probably the more likely reason.

I sincerely wish Paris well for the future and would have been happy to cross the Channel to a Paris Games, and still hope this might happen in the coming years.

I thought the whole point of the 3 day IOC meeting in Singapore was for members of each bidding team to meet all the IOC members and put their case forward, as to why their City should be Host City for the 2012 Olympic Games??

If some of the French bid team members decided to take an Horlicks and have an early night, whilst the London Bid Members burnt the midnight oil late into the early hours trying to convince the IOC members, then that's the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

.. or am I missing something here??

I thought the whole point of the 3 day IOC meeting in Singapore was for members of each bidding team to meet all the IOC members and put their case forward, as to why their City should be Host City for the 2012 Olympic Games??

If some of the French bid team members decided to take an Horlicks and have an early night, whilst the London Bid Members burnt the midnight oil late into the early hours trying to convince the IOC members, then that's the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

I agree Magic. If London had done anything that was against the rules or underhand I think the new-squeaky-clean IOC would have said something. As it is, London was a little bit more convincing and won the day.

54-50 isn't shameful though. And you lost to London this time, not Istanbul.

Some might suggest the complaints of the Paris mayor about London's lobbying would suggest London wanted it more.

Archived