JOY THEN HORROR

I've been away for a couple of days this week and haven't posted for a while.  I was ecstatic when London one and felt proud of all it's efforts which fully deserved to win the games.  It topped off what had been a great time for Britain in the last few months and was looking forward to discussing all the steps leading up to the games.  The sick and twisted terroists who specifically targeted the city at this time, maybe to knock our joy and spirit, must be stopped by whatever means.  They are jealous of the free world, envious of what our nations represent and can't stand to see democracy being a success.  London will bounce back and show it's British charachter.  I only wish we had been on the highest possible alert seeing as the g8 summit was taking place and the olympic decision was to be anounced.  I'm very happy London will host the games but very sad that innocent people lost their lives in a cowardly, evil attack on humanity.

I couldn't believe it as well. I turned on the tv this morning for breakfeast before going out, switched on to CNN and I was shocked. I was think this cannot be happening. They won the Olympics yesterday, this was Great Britain's moment in the spotlight.

To any Brits here, you have the backing of all of the G8 nations. We stand with you today.

I've been thinking about this and their timing was so perfect, they couldn't lose:

If London lost the bid, it would add insult to injury, and if they won, it would cancel any celebrations that were planned. Of course, the G8 was their main reason, but this could have been a second motive.

Archived