Aquatics Centre Construction Thread

Rob2012

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

London 2012: £248m aquatic centre’s roof ‘too low’ says local mayor

The design of the iconic wave-like roof for the £248 million aquatic centre will prevent the venue being turned into a community leisure centre after the 2012 Olympic Games, the Mayor of Newham has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/london2012/7467969/London-2012-248m-aquatic-centres-roof-too-low-says-local-mayor.html

OMG you get a stunning pool like that thats fit for an olympics and hes complaining he cant fit it with water slides afterwards.

London 2012: £248m aquatic centres roof too low says local mayor

The design of the iconic wave-like roof for the £248 million aquatic centre will prevent the venue being turned into a community leisure centre after the 2012 Olympic Games, the Mayor of Newham has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/london2012/7467969/London-2012-248m-aquatic-centres-roof-too-low-says-local-mayor.html

OMG you get a stunning pool like that thats fit for an olympics and hes complaining he cant fit it with water slides afterwards.

I saw that article - made me laugh. Thanks heavens for the low roof I say. :)

I have to say that I thought that the green stuff in the roof was actually glass ^^' Though How impratical would that have been, right? And, based on the fact that I just watched Doctor Who's Planet of the Dead, I'm starting to think that the Aquatics Center looks like a stingray in motion. And I mean that in a very good way.

• 3 weeks later...

Where? Temporary seating would surely only be installed early 2012?

You can see pillars at the bottom right of the aquatics centre and (i think) stands for the seats being installed nearer to the swimming pool.

I don't think they would start that late on the seats because they need to build the wall surrounding the whole structure after putting the seats up as well, not forgetting the test events a year before the games begin.

Archived