Bid Breakdown

here is a good break down of all 5 bids from CNN/SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005....ex.html

I'm not going to take this article too seriously when it puts the following as a negative for the London bid:

"The city suffered a black eye when it gave up rights to host this summer's world track and field championships after event organizers admitted they could not build a new Wembley Stadium in time."

here is a good break down of all 5 bids from CNN/SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005....ex.html

I'm not going to take this article too seriously when it puts the following as a negative for the London bid:

"The city suffered a black eye when it gave up rights to host this summer's world track and field championships after event organizers admitted they could not build a new Wembley Stadium in time."

I thought CNN would have a higher quality and serios professional work to offer. Really.

How can it be that they speak of Madrid 2012 that they have "maybe the most compact bid" of all 5 cities, but the odds are 18 to 1 behind all except moscow???  :shocked:  :wwww:

No comment on the canadian one: How often it has beeen told to all medias that the "120 rooms" thing has been already corrected by IOC. Please, information has to be verified to make a good professional work.

Buenos dias

Organizers need to worry about a double security threat. (Madrid 2012)

Last time i will repeat this facts.

Barcelona 92 --- bombs?  0

Atlanta 96 --- bombs?  YES! against civils

Mediterranean Games 2005? (No project - its real)  0 bombs

Bomb at la peineta - not even the car standing next to the carbomb move a feet beside (what a bomb)

2 years no victim of terrosism. 30 years of terror 800 victim.

ETA does not kill civilicians.

800? Do Northamericans dont see the "tree" cause of the the "woods"? nearly 5000 civilicians killed in hours in the most brutal terror act the world had to suffer.

Are american soldiers not victims of terrorism? Well its nearly every day.

( I dont have spoken about other countries with bidding cities, cause most of them do have respect to victims)  :verysad:

Organizers need to worry about a double security threat. (Madrid 2012)

Last time i will repeat this facts.

Barcelona 92 --- bombs?  0

Atlanta 96 --- bombs?  YES! against civils

Mediterranean Games 2005? (No project - its real)  0 bombs

Bomb at la peineta - not even the car standing next to the carbomb move a feet beside (what a bomb)

2 years no victim of terrosism. 30 years of terror 800 victim.

ETA does not kill civilicians.

800? Do Northamericans dont see the "tree" cause of the the "woods"? nearly 5000 civilicians killed in hours in the most brutal terror act the world had to suffer.

Are american soldiers not victims of terrorism? Well its nearly every day.

( I dont have spoken about other countries with bidding cities, cause most of them do have respect to victims)  :verysad:

well sorry if the IOC is a little alarmed by a bomb explodign just a week ago outside of the proposed Olympic stadium....oh and Atlanta had one bomb...not bombs

How can it be that they speak of Madrid 2012 that they have "maybe the most compact bid" of all 5 cities, but the odds are 18 to 1 behind all except moscow???

I think the majority of the people doesnt know Madrid 2012 bid, we are a small and unknow city but really is the best bid. You should to inform about our bid !

Here, we think that maybe this year we wont this election but we are sure that Madrid is ready to hosted the Olympic Games.

Thanks and good luck !!

...trouble is that if London or Paris win 2012, the chances are that the IOC won't go back to Europe until perhaps 2024.

Athens 2004, Turin 2006, London or Paris 2012.  Then they will probably go to NYC or a South American city is 2016.  By 2020, the IOC is going to have to make good on its promise to bring the Games to Africa. How much longer can they avoid it?

So if London or Paris wins 2012, I don't see Madrid having a chance until 2024.

Maybe you re right.

In the hypotethical case that Madrid doesnt gets the hosting of 2012, what the city deverses honestly and only cause im from this city, and 2016 is for American bids and 2020 maybe for a afrivan one.

It would not make in my opinion a "hole" in our support (not bad one) and in our faith and determination to host this pretty event one day.

For me its clear and written already that Madrid deverses and will get the GAMES sooner or later.

SO ... i hope 2012 is a good chance to welcome the world in our city.  :;):

All I'm going to see about this whole adventure is that there will be one winner and the rest left out. When you have the kind of candidate cities in a list like this one, I am quite afraid that this kind of result will continue on for future Olympic Games bids.

Archived