Is This Really Phelps?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, please, please believe me when I tell you that The IOC simply will not tolerate anymore fallout ( not even the tiniest speck) from doping issues nor will it tolerate disregard for rules that govern sport. Chicago 2016, as of now, is the only bid that has to deal with this. If Tokyo produces a squeaky clean bid or Rio, who's to say that IOC delegates won't be impressed enough to give the games to them. And couple that potential doping issue with the terrorist attacks that rocked the last Olympics in the US?...... Don't rest on Laurels yet! PPL have not forgetten Atlanta!

If you weren't so serious, you'd be hilarious. There is only one word to describe that analysis - tosh.

yes, yes, I had the same responses when I warned, and fascinatingly accurately so, that New York's 2012 bid was going to be unsuccessful. So for now, I think you're right on......I'm a loon for the time being....what else can I say?

Oh, please. Most everyone (that wasn't biased for NYC) knew that New York's bid was most likely going to fail. Especially when their stadium plan fell apart at the most crucial time in the 2012 race. The USOC & the New York 2012 bid committee were anything but best buds, & NYC also didn't seem to have the full support of NY state (Chicago 2016 doesn't have any of these issues). So it's not like you had a crystal ball or anything & "warning" everyone. And I bet you also thought that Paris was going to win, too. Again, that was no big secret, either. So I don't really know what you were so "fascinated" about.

yes.......my heart was on paris but really? London was going to win....After I saw its video presentation I was sold. Hey! Dude! Cheer Up! Chicago may very well win! All I'm saying is that based on the facts presented to us so far........Tokyo has a moderate to sizable edge on the windy city. It isn't wishful thinking, it just is.That's all.

Archived