are french going the right direction?

Having the games in their hands, it seems that french behaviour is not helping its bid at all.

Newspaper LE PARISIEN claims this 3 points:

- Samaranch, former IOC president, will lead the election to Paris. As he has encouraged Paris many times to bid for OG and it has failed there is a kind of debt between Paris and Samaranch.

This tell as that Samaranch would be able to lead the election, that is to say that there is corruption inside the IOC.

- Mr Rogge, current IOC presiden, will make Madrid lose to claim that Samaranch has no longer any influence, to reafirm his power in the IOC

Le Parisien is obviusly suggesting that Mr Rogge doesn't care the fairness but just his position in the IOC

- Le Parisien writes how will go the rounds in the election and furthermore it writes which candidate will vote for each IOC member, writing the names, surnames and country each IOC member comes from.

That prediction (a claim more than a prediction) will surely annoyed the IOC members

In my opinion, this behaviour is stupid, and even more when their candidate city is very very very likely to win.

What a stupid move :laughlong:

That must've really annoyed the IOC members.

Especially when they're in solid position to win...

and one week away from the Decision ???

Maybe when they vote, for Paris, they'll think: "LE PARISIEN"!!!

Nahh. . . . :D

Paris' cocky behavior in this race and their consistent act that the IOC "owes" them also disturbs me...I am sure some IOC members will see this, and this very well may influence their vote....and if Paris does win lets just hope the drop the attitude a little...

Paris' cocky behavior in this race and their consistent act that the IOC "owes" them also disturbs me...I am sure some IOC members will see this, and this very well may influence their vote....and if Paris does win lets just hope the drop the attitude a little...

This "oweing" idea is poison in this context to me. Most of us have discussed this usage of the word earlier in these forums and it got some of us into trouble in some sorts.

Let´s stop speculating.

Nobody knows in which direction will the votes go.

If you were an IOC member , would you say your preferences before the election day?  I wouldn´t.

(But the media has its right to try to add some pressure to the whole thing)

I just can wish good luck to everyone.

well, the article was published several months ago.

do no forget that other bids have made predictions. And paris leaders immediatly said that they did not back what is said in the news paper...

and concerning what is said about Samaranch, I think Its very stupid. I ve the conviction that he could support all the bids in competition but Paris...

Madrid of course, but he has also close friends in London  and Moscow. He s not against the idea of seeing the games in a city like NYC.

But for Paris... well i dont really know...

:verysad:

Archived