• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football tries to decide whether to disobey Putin or the laws of gravity.

'Cause nothing says peace and anti-discrimination than giving the games to Putin.

Imagine....you've only got one bullet...

The animation kinda helped me figure out the logo. Before that, I didn't really pick up the top part was actually supposed to be the ball I thought it was the back of someones head...

Logo kinda looks like a person with semi-long hair and a gas mask with his/her/its head tilted and to the side (looking at you)

or a person with semi-long hair with his/her/its head tilted and to the side (looking at you) with sparkling eyes and a blue antenna circle thingy maybe

I like it, though the explanation seems a bit weak.

FIFA really do seem to be having an identity crisis with branding their world cups though, they seem to be craving to come up with an equiv of the Olympic rings.

We had the attempt to use the 2002 logo in all subsequent logos, then moved to the frame format of the South Africa 2010 logo (which most of the other fifa championships and events also used, and now all FIFA logos seem to be taking the form of the trophy of the event.

• 1 month later...

FIFA sets dates for 2018 World Cup in Russia

MARRAKECH, Morocco (AP) -- FIFA says the 2018 World Cup final will be played on Sunday, July 15.

Confirming the tournament dates Friday, the FIFA executive committee agreed that the opening match will be played on a Thursday, June 14.

The 2018 World Cup officially kicks off next March, with the first of more than 800 qualifying matches. FIFA says it agreed that some preliminary-round matches will start then in the Asian and CONCACAF regions.

The main qualifying matches and groups will be drawn next July 25 in St. Petersburg.

FIFA also confirmed the June 17-July 2 dates for the 2017 Confederations Cup warm-up tournament.

AP

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-sets-dates-2018-world-cup-russia-172834480--sow.html