2010 Fifa World Cup

Rafa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Nelson Mandela Bay kicked out of the Confederations Cup venue list because they weren't sure whether they could complete the stadium in time? Now look at that beauty! Too bad that they can't reinclude it on such short notice.

Nelson Mandela Bay stadium will used during the British Lions tour during the Confederations Cup.

The tight venue construction schedule, based on the experience in Germany where one venue was complete on the opening day, was too risky for FIFA, especially when the key components e.g. the roof, were dependent on an overseas manufacturer.

Mo Rush, why Kymberley and Orkney were eliminated? Is because FIFA reduced the spots from 12 to 10? And why some SA cities have changed their names? This confuses me a lot!

I only ask that because on 5/31 FIFA will chose the host cities of Brazil 2014. I want to know how South Africa cities were chosen by FIFA. They considered the city infrastructure, or the stadium project? I know that some 2010 cities improved their projects. They made this improvement before the decision by FIFA about the hosts cities or after? Few cities here in Brazil have improved their projects and São Paulo project don't satisfied FIFA. I have a fear that this city cam be eliminated. São Paulo is a important city like Johanesburg but their project is very weak.

Many things are taken into account, from transport to status to accommodation.

The process for South Africa was different to Germany where cities bid to be host cities.

South Africa could not afford to prepare stadia only to be told they wont be used, so our host cities were named quite early and it seems the same applies for Brazil.

Sao Paulo wont be eliminated based on a stadium proposal.

If FIFA arent happy they will just choose a different site, to please sponsors and make you build a new venue there.

Thank you. Mo Rush. If Sao Pauo become a host city, I can't belive FIFA will aprove the actual project. I don't see Morumbi in a World Cup, specially after Germany and South Africa. This stadium have serious problems of visibility with many blind spots and i don't see a improvement on the proposed project. At least the other cities presented great projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived