In case YOUR city falls...

Guest ryan04

Many people talk about which city they think will win... well let's see now which city, in case your city falls or wasn't a candidate city, would you like (not think nor predict) to win and if possible:

- Don't think of the possibilities that a european city could have for 2016 if New York were elected for 2012.

- Say your nationality

- Explain the reasons of your choice... whatever, even if the reason is just: i like the city or i live near that city and i could attend the games...

Now my opinion... i'm spanish and in case Madrid falls or wasn't a candidate city i would like to win Paris because i think they have one of the best bids and they are insisting so much on getting the games (1992, 2008) and the effort and illusion (high public support) must be awared.

NYC is first choice but after that, it's London all the way.

I'm from the US and I chose London simply because of the "special relationship", I suppose - I love British culture and British people.   Not scientific reasons but there they are!

I´m a Madrid citizen.

My second option would be Paris for cultural and geographical proximity, even if I´m pist by the fact that it would be their 3rd olympics, that means that 10% of the summer olympic games in all times would have been held in Paris. With Paris'  victory, France would have 3 summer and 3 winter OG.  :sniffle:

Anyway I´m not bothered about any city´s victory.

Obviously New York.  But if not - LONDON BAAAABBBYYY!!!  :P

Then Moscow, then, uh . . . . .uh . . .

Can I still vote for Rio for my third choice even though they didn't make the short list?  :suspect:

I am French and born in Paris... But first of all, i am a big huge fan of the olympic games, anywhere they will take place !

So my wish list is :

1 = Paris

2 = London

3 = Madrid

4 = NY

5 = Moscow

I am an American Citizen, and living in a suburb outside Milwaukee, and I would actually prefer to see the Olympics in New York, but since I love the British people and culture, and think their bid is extrodinary I would sat London.

1.) NYC

2.) London

3.)Paris

4.) Moscow

5.) Madrid

But really, I think the Olympics in ANY of these cities would be exciting! So GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!

:) As an original anglo aillied nation citizen naturally I'll back New York IF London fails...But I wouldn't be fussed if Paris gets through.

I'll actually be happy for whoever wins 2012. Good luck to all the cities! :)

1) London

2) NYC

3) Paris

4) Madrid

5) Moscow

I'm suprised you have NYC as your second choice.

If NYC wins 2012, that would mean no Toronto bid in 2016.

If London/ Paris/ Madrid/ Moscow wins 2012, then Toronto will at least be in a position to bid for 2016, even though NYC would be the front runner and most likely to be awrded 2016.

Only advantage of NYC winning 2012 (from a canadian perspective) is that Toronto would be able to bid for 2020 or 2024, rather than 2028/ 32 if NYC 2016 happens.

I'll actually be happy for whoever wins 2012. Good luck to all the cities! :)

1) London

2) NYC

3) Paris

4) Madrid

5) Moscow

I'm suprised you have NYC as your second choice.

If NYC wins 2012, that would mean no Toronto bid in 2016.

If London/ Paris/ Madrid/ Moscow wins 2012, then Toronto will at least be in a position to bid for 2016, even though NYC would be the front runner and most likely to be awrded 2016.

Only advantage of NYC winning 2012 (from a canadian perspective) is that Toronto would be able to bid for 2020 or 2024, rather than 2028/ 32 if NYC 2016 happens.

sorry but it is HIGHLY unlikely that Toronto would get 2016 regardless of NYC's success next week.....

I'm stunned that the London/Paris crowd isn't working together

It's seriously not a bad trip..London to Paris...it can be done in a day. Olympic Games in a day....here people

I've already stated....Moscow baby!

1) Moscow

2) New York City

3) London

4) Back to Athens...now that everything's built

5) Atlanta

6) Toronto

7) Your Mom's House

8) My Backyard

9) Madrid

10) Paris

11) South Central LA

And I've been to Paris...I hated it...everything about it, the most overrated city in the World.

Archived