Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Guardian

Now that the whole section about the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games is gone from here, I guess I would make a topic about it in this section.

First, the IOC has awarded the Golden Rings to the various international broadcasters that showed the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to the world. Below, to me, is the overall winners.

The Best Olympic Programme

Gold: Seven Network Australia. Producer: Andy Kay, Director: Saul Shtein

Silver: NBC Olympics. Producers: Dick Ebersol, David Neal, Tommy Roy, Sam Flood. Directors: Bucky Gunts, Andy Rosenberg, Drew Esocoff

Bronze: BBC Sport. Producer: Alastair McIntyre, BBC Sport. Director: Richard Carr, BBC Sport

Just like the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games, both the Australian and American networks got the top honors again. For the CBC, it is not surprising that its Beijing 2008 Olympic coverage suffered on its last outing as one for Canadians. It will be interesting on how CTV will do at Vancouver 2010.

Link: IOC: Olympic Golden Rings Winners of 2008

L_ART_2896_uk.jpg

Now that the whole section about the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games is gone from here, I guess I would make a topic about it in this section.

First, the IOC has awarded the Golden Rings to the various international broadcasters that showed the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to the world. Below, to me, is the overall winners.

The Best Olympic Programme

Gold: Seven Network Australia. Producer: Andy Kay, Director: Saul Shtein

Silver: NBC Olympics. Producers: Dick Ebersol, David Neal, Tommy Roy, Sam Flood. Directors: Bucky Gunts, Andy Rosenberg, Drew Esocoff

Bronze: BBC Sport. Producer: Alastair McIntyre, BBC Sport. Director: Richard Carr, BBC Sport

Just like the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games, both the Australian and American networks got the top honors again. For the CBC, it is not surprising that its Beijing 2008 Olympic coverage suffered on its last outing as one for Canadians. It will be interesting on how CTV will do at Vancouver 2010.

Link: IOC: Olympic Golden Rings Winners of 2008

L_ART_2896_uk.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived