Budapest 2020

szaasz

Attila Szalay-Berzeviczy, President of BOM said: "The present decision of the capital can be regarded as an important milestone in the preparation of the organization of the Olympics, since it was the potential host city that took the responsibility and measures in promoting the success of Hungary's bid. Even if the economic and infrastructural environment would not enable Budapest to organize Olympics at the moment, after the Parliament accepts the draft of the Olympic Act which has just been accepted by the Capital, an institutional preparation may be commenced. As a result, in 2011 – when Budapest will hold the Presidency of the EU – the Capital will be able to submit a competitve bid. In case – after acceptance by the Metropolitan General Assembly – the draft bill is also given a five-party support, the political consensus essential for a favourable IOC decision would be ensured during the full time of the preparation and bidding period."

The bigger question is: does Hungary have the economy AND the resources to stage this? As you well know, it's the larger countries (who are always bidding) that have the advantage in winning and staging the SUmmer Games.

We also have chances to obtain the right for the first summer Olympic Games in Central Europe. It would benefit the nation to compile and submit a bid. During his last visit to Budapest Jacques Rogge confirmed the

opinion: „You, Hungarians could excellently organize the Olympic Games. Submit your bid and do not forget the bid city and country may also win even if it does not stage the Games."

When considering our chances we have to differ between the two phases of the process. According to the PWC analysis Budapest has serious chances to get through the first phase and fight on as a bid city. In the second phase the IOC selects the host city from the bid cities. From all points of view Budapest is an ideal city for organizing the Games.

• 2 weeks later...

CET is Central European Time. CET is also a synonym for a whale. The Mixed Use De­velopment CET at the Közraktárak between the Petofi and the Szabadság Bridge is both. The CET concept refers to Budapest as an important metropolitan centre in the heart of Central Europe. The CET shape refers to the smooth and friendly streamlined body of a whale. The new CET development has the potential to put Budapest once again on the map of the world. Name and shape of the CET symbolizes its cultural po­tential and commercial pole position in one of the best preserved cities in the world.

13329_l.jpg

lak_x.jpg

Depends really.

Hungary is Eastern Europe but the lines can be blurred based on geographic, socio-cultural or political definitions.

Hungary is an isolate though, its closest relations don't even border Hungary (Estonia and Finland)

• 1 year later...

If the Puskas Ferenc Stadium is going to be transformed into the main stadium for a Budapest Olympics, what is to be done?

The location of the stadium is probably too cramped, so might have to tear down Puskas Ferenc and build a brand-new 80,000-capacity stadium elsewhere in Budapest.

• 3 weeks later...

I've being reading a map of Budapest and I saw that some venues are compact. Tell me more about the exsisting and new venues. I'm interested about Budapest chances of bidding.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something will be done at Puskans Ferenc Stadium. Probably they will make some renovations. Tell me more about this venue.

Archived