Jump to content

Qatar 2022


arwebb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why did I even click "show this post"..... <_<

We hate this World Cup for being a corrupt mess and for the mistreatment of expat workers. Religion has nothing to do with this. There should be limits for edgelordery, even for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Why is it unlikely?  If it happened there, it can happen anywhere.  Indonesia is a muslim country; Qayar is another one!!  Don't be such an ignorant queen!! 

You stop. I don't care. You're sounding crazy. I hate it when you do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Why is it unlikely?  If it happened there, it can happen anywhere.  Indonesia is a muslim country; Qayar is another one!!  Don't be such an ignorant queen!! 

If that's a serious question (I'll pretend for a sec it's not another one of your usual troll jobs) and you don't know the answer, you really need to learn more about how this whole "sports" thing works.  And/or just stick to the ceremonies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but over 170 people have now died in Malang.  It's not only the beautiful game -- it's the DEADLY game as well.  So there are 3 choices for FIFA after 2026:

1.  Hold matches in empty stadia.
2.  Do it the Russian style -- put the spectators in cages . .  or
3.  Just cancel the entire sport!  That'll save Olympic organizers some $$.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“More than 6,500 migrant workers are reported to have died in Qatar since the country was controversially awarded the World Cup in 2010, with 37 of these directly linked to World Cup projects by campaigners.”

“Human Rights Watch claims that the true figure is likely higher as it does not account for workers from countries other than India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.“

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

No, nothing to do with the workers rights. Despite human rights problems, still safe country to visit with lower crime rates.

The entire country has a population of less than 3 million people.  It's only slightly more populous than the borough of Brooklyn.  And they have a large police presence there, so it's not surprising the crime rate is low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

The entire country has a population of less than 3 million people.  It's only slightly more populous than the borough of Brooklyn.  And they have a large police presence there, so it's not surprising the crime rate is low. 

There’s a different kind of crime committed in such authoritarian, suppressive countries anyway. It’s not only about murder or burglary counts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Qatar to send drunken fans to sobering-up areas during World Cup (espn.com)

This just gets better and better:rolleyes: As was rumored according to a colleague of mine in Qatar, the hotel bars will not be permitted to serve alcohol during the tournament. Now it`s confirmed. Alcohol will only be available at the predetermined time in the fan zones and will not be available at all until on Fridays until after the midday prayer. 

And we now have sobering up zones though it`s already being mentioned locally that fans should be careful that it is up to the police discretion whether or not to send an inebriated fan to a sobering up zone or arrest them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 6:21 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Official TV Intro/ident/theme for the World Cup.

Full version

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5C01hDqpEmrmDfUhX9YWsH?si=P74bHjFZQNWSkgxd1-9HQg&nd=1

OK, this does seem to continue on a recent theme that we're seeing with FIFA WWC TV intros in prominently involving kids in them like with how the Olympics usually uses kids in the Opening Ceremony. We've seen this starting with South Africa 2010's with the South African boy calling out Ke Nako ("It's Time") for the advent of the World Cup in the semi-animated intro, and later with Brazil with the animated soccer-loving boy in awe of the soccer spectacle that's the World Cup and how it brings the soccer-mad host nation Brazil together through soccer in the 2014 edition. We did not get that with Russia's four years later. More of a very well-made computer-animated intro with plenty of Russian references. Strange we haven't witness this with the WWC; there it's more about promoting women's soccer 

Kids serve a purpose here in both the World Cup and the Olympics: they bring and represent the awe, wonder, fun, inspiration, and joy sports bring when it first hits you in the host nation and you start participating and follow them with fervor with the hope of that same inspiration carries on to adulthood as future players and fans. It's interesting that this is the first co-ed kids appearance in a World Cup TV intro ever when repping a known conservative Islamic host nation and of the Middle East--Qatar's women's national soccer program just started over a decade ago and still has major ways to go just in Asia women's soccer as the entire nation undergoes rapid modernization. It'll take at least a generation to see any fruits out of that if they come from the ASPIRE Academy.   

With that out of the way, don't you think it's time to see some 2022 FIFA World Cup TV promos worldwide as we all get excited during the countdown to November? I certainly thought you would! Let's start with Germany, winners of four World Cups and four stars on its Nationalmannschaft jerseys, and a new broadcasting participant. Formally it would be the joint production of ZDF and Das Erste/ARD with sometimes RTL in recent World Cups. Now it's Deutsche Telekom and its Magenta TV joining ZDF and ARD. Magenta TV will show all 64 World Cup matches live including 16 exclusively broadcast by them and on UHD. Showing all those four moments Germany on the mountaintop with the trophy. If you know anything about Germany and soccer, one of the things soccer does there in broadcasting is deliver massive TV viewerships: 9 of the 20 most-watched television events in Germany were World Cup matches all involving Germany including the 2014 final versus Argentina in Rio De Janeiro topping at #1 for ARD at 34.56 million. Almost all of the rest except for one were Germany's Euro games (lone non-sports one was ZDF's The Black Forest Clinic "Die Schuldfrage" ("The question of guilt") episode dating all the way back from November 17, 1985). That infamous 2014 semifinal against Brazil is second on ZDF, BTW. I do see Michael Ballack being involved as an analyst and Wolff Fuss as play-by-play man. Will notify you on the complete Magenta TV team who will do this later on. Germany sure does look good coming into this competition and wanting to dispell all that huge disappointment in Russia four years earlier after basking in the glory:

Another soccer-mad nation in Argentina that also holds a solid chance to win it. TyC Sports presents Argentina's team as they embark on another campaign to nab their third title with Messi, who says this will be his last World Cup rodeo with hopes of equalizing Maradona's status, Angel Di Maria, Julian Alvarez, head coach Lionel Scaloni, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martinez, and Franco Armani. Soundtracked by the song "Palpitar", which suggests here that Argentina's national team and the nation shares the same heartbeat. Also appears Schneider Beer will sponsor TyC Sports' World Cup coverage as the official AFA Seleccion beer sponsor:

Colombia may have missed out on another World Cup with the Cafeteros. But we know many Colombians will undoubtably be watching this edition of the World Cup. RCN is one of those Colombian TV broadcasters along with usual Olympic Games broadcasting partner Caracol Television. And fans will root and celebrate for whatever of the 32 participating nations either by themselves, at work, as a family, or in a group setting. Dancing and playing with soccer balls. My money is many there will root for the fellow Latin American ones. This is the full 1-minute version for RCN's La Ola: 

After watching this, this promo quickly became one of my 2022 World Cup faves. ASTRO exclusively holds the rights to all 64 World Cup matches on 4KHDR full coverage and anywhere on ASTRO GO in Malaysia. I really like the way how this upcoming World Cup competition is presented as a quest in an exotic land as a folklore story to tell from a dad to his kids. When you see the soccer stars in the desert looking at the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Doha ahead of them with Cristiano Ronaldo in particular looking sweaty and the desert dust right behind them, it's a good metaphor of how treacherous, tiresome, and grueling this "quest" is and with an old-looking classic explorers' map of Qatar. But the intriguing desert soccer battle quest is just only beginning as the story gets interesting... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“A statement has also been released by Football Australia where the national governing body stress that the country’s participation at the FIFA World Cup will "gives us the opportunity to raise awareness of some important matters and help affect change globally and domestically"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, Sir Rols said:

 

22 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Very proud of you.

 

I third this and show my support to the Australians...We are aware that Denmark's and Norway's teams have made their Qatar human rights concerns known. But those aren't always specific issues like Australia's. However, we know unfortunately human rights like LGBTQI+ and migrant workers' won't liberally progress and change in Islamically conservative Qatar overnight; attitudes there must change too but take longer.   

The USA is back in the World Cup after shamefully 4 years away and FOX Sports is promoting this in a very big way! FOX goes star-studded with America's return to soccer's grandest jewel event with the unusual scheduling that will come along during the US Thanksgiving and Christmas season (for the first time) in November and December by pulling a lot of the stops signifying this. Jon Hamm as Santa Claus, who's so excitedly eager to happily to work and produce on soccer during Thanksgiving and Christmas in "making the holiday season the most wonderful time of the year". Ellie Kemper as Mrs. Claus. Both are from my St. Louis hometown. We see members of the USMNT like most prominently its talisman Christian Pulisic and Weston McKennie (among with several other USMNT members) appear like passing the cranberries (?) with the USMNT enjoying a team holiday feast like they're passing the ball on the field, even the former getting his own inflatable Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon along Manhattan, carried by US Soccer-wearing fans and fronted Hamm's Santa that ends the promo. Promoting national soccer federation team crest ugly sweaters, the top soccer stars like Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and Cristiano Ronaldo, and Christmas-related paraphenellia involving them. Would've been nice to see members of the USWNT make their own cameos in this promo in support of their soccer guys, since their own WC tournament is going to be on FOX next year too down under. Starting November 20 in time for Turkey Day! "The biggest sporting event on the planet during the holidays" certainly, for now, makes mine "a lot better" as a hardcore sports fan! Fun promo!

Mariah Carey makes a cameo poking fun at herself about her omnipresent Christmas presence with her song...and Shady??!!! Shady??!!! He makes a cameo too?! I hate his guts! :angry: He absolutely doesn't deserve one here! Yeah, he cracks a joke about Cristiano Ronaldo being "old" to be playing while watching him on TV in the kitchen as well as poking fun of himself. But couldn't FOX Sports find someone else more deserving?  

Speaking of having the 2022 FIFA World Cup played at an unusual time. That same time is held during the Australian summer for the first time this year, which this SBS Australia promo notes, by contrast the previous FOX Sports one. In reflecting the globalism celebration of "speaking football" and of SBS's longstanding multicultural mission that brings Australians from all walks of life together, we see fans proudly sporting their favorite national team jerseys along with many wearing the expected Australia gear watching in whatever platform and usually being outside cheering their teams on. While showing past World Cup moments of various goals, emotions, celebrations, plays, and stars/legends--including those from the Socceroos, back for its 5th consecutive World Cup, and their fans celebrating them. SBS will exclusively have all 64 games live on SBS and SBS 2 live and SBS On-Demand in HD (500 hours in total in multiple languages). 8 matches at 9pm AEST and 20 at 6pm to nearly 10 million Aussies! More sociable times for them, setting the scene for some of the biggest audiences for the network. Les Murray (RIP) gets a cameo calling from the Socceroos' World Cup match in 32 years versus Japan in Germany.

Another one and easily my third faves here that I've seen so far comes from France's TF1. France's Les Bleues as we last left them, won it all in Moscow over Croatia. The promo recaptures and reminds us of the powerful mass national pride, passion, suspense, emotions, and celebrations as they succeed in their campaign with the nation donning the tricolors all those four years ago--like being soaked in Paris watching it on a hot Paris summer Sunday. Now France is back, still talented, and seeks to repeat in getting its "third star" in the Qatari desert in Doha. Can they do it? Very possible. TF1 will show 28 games, including all of Les Bleues' games, all the quarterfinals, the semifinals, and final. Big fan TF1's promos with the editing of the editing wipes:

One World One Home. That's the campaign for the massively star-studded BeIN Sports 2022 World Cup broadcasting team--The BeIN Squad. Man, is it loaded! Fronted by Brazilian star Kaka, as he walks above and reveals the team from the JW Marriott Hotel roof in Doha and dribbling, we get the likes of Peter Schmeichel, Lothar Mattheus, Ruud Gullit, Emelie Sanderson, David Villa, Gabriel Batistuta, Marcel Desially, John Terry, Chippo, Al-Qatahni, Rafik Saifi, Alessandro Del Piero, Arsene Wegner, Phil Neville, and refs Dean and Ghandouri. Each has their likeness on Doha's ultramodern skyline Looks like its 36 in total with English and Arabic. 

Just a short 9-second TVR Info promo from Romania informing Romanians in small print that TVR will exclusively cover the 2022 FIFA World Cup later this year:

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Durban Sandshark said:

 

Speaking of having the 2022 FIFA World Cup played at an unusual time. That same time is held during the Australian summer for the first time this year, which this SBS Australia promo notes, by contrast the previous FOX Sports one. In reflecting the globalism celebration of "speaking football" and of SBS's longstanding multicultural mission that brings Australians from all walks of life together, we see fans proudly sporting their favorite national team jerseys along with many wearing the expected Australia gear watching in whatever platform and usually being outside cheering their teams on. While showing past World Cup moments of various goals, emotions, celebrations, plays, and stars/legends--including those from the Socceroos, back for its 5th consecutive World Cup, and their fans celebrating them. SBS will exclusively have all 64 games live on SBS and SBS 2 live and SBS On-Demand in HD (500 hours in total in multiple languages). 8 matches at 9pm AEST and 20 at 6pm to nearly 10 million Aussies! More sociable times for them, setting the scene for some of the biggest audiences for the network. Les Murray (RIP) gets a cameo calling from the Socceroos' World Cup match in 32 years versus Japan in Germany.

Another one and easily my third faves here that I've seen so far comes from France's TF1. France's Les Bleues as we last left them, won it all in Moscow over Croatia. The promo recaptures and reminds us of the powerful mass national pride, passion, suspense, emotions, and celebrations as they succeed in their campaign with the nation donning the tricolors all those four years ago--like being soaked in Paris watching it on a hot Paris summer Sunday. Now France is back, still talented, and seeks to repeat in getting its "third star" in the Qatari desert in Doha. Can they do it? Very possible. TF1 will show 28 games, including all of Les Bleues' games, all the quarterfinals, the semifinals, and final. Big fan TF1's promos with the editing of the editing wipes:

One World One Home. That's the campaign for the massively star-studded BeIN Sports 2022 World Cup broadcasting team--The BeIN Squad. Man, is it loaded! Fronted by Brazilian star Kaka, as he walks above and reveals the team from the JW Marriott Hotel roof in Doha and dribbling, we get the likes of Peter Schmeichel, Lothar Mattheus, Ruud Gullit, Emelie Sanderson, David Villa, Gabriel Batistuta, Marcel Desially, John Terry, Chippo, Al-Qatahni, Rafik Saifi, Alessandro Del Piero, Arsene Wegner, Phil Neville, and refs Dean and Ghandouri. Each has their likeness on Doha's ultramodern skyline Looks like its 36 in total with English and Arabic. 

Just a short 9-second TVR Info promo from Romania informing Romanians in small print that TVR will exclusively cover the 2022 FIFA World Cup later this year:

 

Well, there's a lot for these broadcasters ahead for this World Cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...