Qatar 2022

arwebb

Containers or 974 torture chambers??  :lol:

I believe this was the original design for that one: 

0189bab7124ae5d87f14d0439e3cdbc9.jpg

Poor Qatar.  I wonder who's even going to show up for their 3rd game?  This is what they get for TRYING TOO hard -- and for FIFA not to have contained the fiasco when it was early on.  I really hope all these Dohas, Nasutras, Cairos, all of those outside of the desirable geographic locations for the Olympics, will understand the geo-enviro-politics of the OGs and the WCs.  Not everyone can stage them successfully or appropriately.   

5 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Demonstator invaded the pitch during Urugay vs Portugal with the LGBT flag.

Its gonna be very interesting to see what is gonna happen to him over the next days. More fue to an already ugly fire....

Who's the protester and where is he from?:ph34r:

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Historic first!  In an Arab country no less!!

First female referee is 'positive step' says Costa Rica coach Suarez | Reuters 

When will there be the first trans, non-binary refee'ng team refee'ng a non-binary, trans match??  :blink:

Before you becoming best buddies with Tony Estanguet, I guess.

• Haha 2

Well hell yeah, Congrats Aussies!  now lets do each other a favor.  We beat Netherlands, you beat Argentina, meet in the Quarters......deal?

Im surprised no one has brought up the attendance issues.  The number of butts in seats is diabolically awful.  My hope to God is this becomes eternal proof never to allow a country like Qatar to host the WC again.  That said, Im sure Saudi Arabia and the UAE are already kicking things into gear for their inevitable awards.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iceman530 said:

Im surprised no one has brought up the attendance issues.  The number of butts in seats is diabolically awful.  My hope to God is this becomes eternal proof never to allow a country like Qatar to host the WC again.  That said, Im sure Saudi Arabia and the UAE are already kicking things into gear for their inevitable awards.  

That’s not what Qatar and Infantino are saying

'Fake' fans at the 2022 FIFA World Cup: Questions raised

Qatar 2022: Welcome to the first Post-truth World Cup, where Fifa makes everything up as it goes along

Edited by Sir Rols

Didn't expect the Socceroos to advance out of their group, although I secretly hoped they would but congrats on advancing since 2006.

Also very glad that the USA will advance too in that classic game versus Iran in somewhat a revenge game from 1998 in Lyon.

NO EXCUSES CANADA!!! :angry: You were far better than you displayed against Croatia and Morocco and should've at least advanced out of your group--and should've beaten them both! Once Davies' penalty shot got botched, it was all downhill. Saw that game versus Croatia Sunday and that was shameful. Should've defeated Croatia! Had so much high hopes for you. No matter you Canada Soccer would like to positively spin things in this now-completed campaign and look forward to building to 2026 co-hosting, this is an embarssment--and all of you aught to be ashamed of yourselves! This is NOT how you were supposed to finish things after 36 years away! No points???!!! And this is the thanks you give Canadian soccer fans after dominating CONCACAF and being in this after 36 years?! NO DAMN EXCUSES!!!!  

Belgium and Mexico are also out too--and both of their coaches (Roberto Martinez and Gerardo "Tate" Martino, respectively) are ending things as coaches after this World Cup. Now it's the USA alone flying the CONCACAF flag at the knockoff stage en route to build upon 2026--can't expect Costa Rica's Ticos to join them.

Tomorrow Groups G and H will close out the group stage. I think Switzerland might join Brazil in the knockout stage and Ghana could join Portugal in the knockout stage as well. I Ghana makes it to the Round of 16, there would three African teams joining Morocco and Senegal.