Qatar 2022

arwebb

That was a lopsided bid to begin with. I understand that Portugal can't host on it's own, but it should have gotten more of the pie (in bid theory of course), a 4 or 5 (in 4 or 5 cities) to 7 ratio for Portugal and Spain respectively. Especially since Spain can host it alone.

No, they lost because the Moors (Qatar and her allies) were on the rise. It was part of their revenge on the Castillians for driving them out of Spain 600 years ago!!

I'm growing increasingly convinced TELA and GCL are bots.

Bots? I've shown my face before on these Forums, remember, in the London 2012 Legacy Mode Thread, I think I posted it in April 2014. I'm not a bot. I am a Human Being. With GCL, we don't know his identity. People know my identity.

oh boy.

that was a joke.

because you say the same things over and over and you're a troll (yes, you are.).

you're a person, but the way you repeat yourself is kind of like a robot.

like one of those machines in a candy factory on unwrapped where all they do grab candy bars and flip them over onto another conveyor belt.

that's like you, because all you do is come here and tell us about how england should be getting this and how england really needs to be doing that and how dare you, how DARE you etc over and over again.

kind of like a robot.

except you're not a robot.

you're a kid who really should be out spraypainting walls, sneaking smokes behind the loading dock that leads to modell's sporting good store across from the cemetery near school, and desperately talking your way out of a beat down when the neighborhood kids catch you at the park at sunset.

don't you ever want to do any of that instead of coming on here and talking about england all the damn time to people who are sick to death of talking to you?

i'm almost 30 and even i'd rather be doing that stuff than talking about one thing all damn day just to get a rise. and i love attention!

you need to get a life.

because, seriously, this isn't one.

• Like 3

oh boy.

that was a joke.

because you say the same things over and over and you're a troll (yes, you are.).

like one of those machines in a candy factory on unwrapped where all they do grab candy bars and flip them over onto another conveyor belt.

that's like you, because all you do is come here and tell us about how england should be getting this and how england really needs to be doing that and how dare you, how DARE you etc over and over again.

kind of like a robot.

you're a kid who really should be out spraypainting walls, sneaking smokes behind the loading dock that leads to modell's sporting good store across from the cemetery near school, and desperately talking your way out of a beat down when the neighborhood kids catch you at the park at sunset.

don't you ever want to do any of that instead of coming on here and talking about england all the damn time to people who are sick to death of talking to you?

i'm almost 30 and even i'd rather be doing that stuff than talking about one thing all damn day just to get a rise. and i love attention!

you need to get a life.

I'm not a troll. However much People call me a troll, still doesn't make me a troll. If anything, alot of You lot are trolls, for ganging up on Me and GCL.

oh boy.

that was a joke.

kind of like a robot.

you need to get a life.

OCD = Repeating. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

I'm not a troll. However much People call me a troll, still doesn't make me a troll. If anything, alot of You lot are trolls, for ganging up on Me and GCL.

No Tony. You're not a troll because people you one. You're a troll because you exhibit troll-like behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

I'd say a lot of that describes you. When you're responding to GCL's posts when you know (and the rest of us know) that he's way off base, that's troll-like behavior. When you keep in with your "I love England" posts that you know bother some people, that's troll-like behavior. And yes, the repeating.. I know you keep telling us it's not intentional and that you can't help it, but that is most definitely troll-like behavior.

I know you hate when these threads turn into your business, but you still don't seem to grasp all this. Then you'll ask for forgiveness and wonder why we don't give you a break. We understand that you're handicapped by issues that are out of your control, but you need to learn what that means to your presence here in these forums. And if you can't handle that, this is all going to continue.

1 other thing.. I find it interesting you're talking about us ganging up on you and GCL. How many times have you gone after GCL yourself? You have probably been harder on him here than the rest of us put together. So it's extremely hypocritical of you to ask for sympathy for ganging up on you when you've done the same thing to him. So if ganging up on GCL makes someone a troll, then yes Tony, you are most definitely a troll. Fact. Whether you like it or not. End of.

** that should have said "people call you one"

• Like 4

oh boy.

that was a joke.

kind of like a robot.

you need to get a life.

This is actually a really good post. Kudos krow (almost 30 - yikes - thats like 50 in Gay Years??).

Tony - get a life. Really. Get a life. This isn't one and you have a pretty much universal wall of dislike bearing down on you here.

Take the hint.

Go start your own 'England? Yay!' board and run your mouth off there.

No Tony. You're not a troll because people you one. You're a troll because you exhibit troll-like behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

I'd say a lot of that describes you. When you're responding to GCL's posts when you know (and the rest of us know) that he's way off base, that's troll-like behavior. When you keep in with your "I love England" posts that you know bother some people, that's troll-like behavior. And yes, the repeating.. I know you keep telling us it's not intentional and that you can't help it, but that is most definitely troll-like behavior.

I know you hate when these threads turn into your business, but you still don't seem to grasp all this. Then you'll ask for forgiveness and wonder why we don't give you a break. We understand that you're handicapped by issues that are out of your control, but you need to learn what that means to your presence here in these forums. And if you can't handle that, this is all going to continue.

1 other thing.. I find it interesting you're talking about us ganging up on you and GCL. How many times have you gone after GCL yourself? You have probably been harder on him here than the rest of us put together. So it's extremely hypocritical of you to ask for sympathy for ganging up on you when you've done the same thing to him. So if ganging up on GCL makes someone a troll, then yes Tony, you are most definitely a troll. Fact. Whether you like it or not. End of.

** that should have said "people call you one"

Rubbish. I've only had a go at GCL when he has had a go at Me.

You lot have trolled Him, mocking his spellings and the way he writes (He has dyslexia, so stop mocking Him). I've never mocked him for his Disabilities.

This is actually a really good post. Kudos krow (almost 30 - yikes - thats like 50 in Gay Years??).

Tony - get a life. Really. Get a life. This isn't one and you have a pretty much universal wall of dislike bearing down on you here.

Take the hint.

Go start your own 'England? Yay!' board and run your mouth off there.

No. I have a Life. You don't know Me, so don't make those claims. Universal wall? Maximum 10 People out of 7 Billion People. My Family Accept Me, that's all that matters to Me.

Rubbish. I've only had a go at GCL when he has had a go at Me.

The funny thing is you probably actually believe that. So this morning when he posted in the Beijing 2022 thread and made a comment about Almaty for the umpteenth time, you just had to respond to that.

You don't get it, Tony. I actually kinda feel sorry for you because of that. Accept the fact that by continuing to post on a board where you are neither liked nor respected, you are acting like a troll. And if you still can't see that, i have no sympathy for you over the folks here who have a go at you. You did that to yourself and only you can stop it.

• Like 2

The funny thing is you probably actually believe that. So this morning when he posted in the Beijing 2022 thread and made a comment about Almaty for the umpteenth time, you just had to respond to that.

You don't get it, Tony. I actually kinda feel sorry for you because of that. Accept the fact that by continuing to post on a board where you are neither liked nor respected, you are acting like a troll. And if you still can't see that, i have no sympathy for you over the folks here who have a go at you. You did that to yourself and only you can stop it.

You lot are the trolls. 10 People VS Me. Bit unfair and bullying.

I've never trolled GCL. I debate with Him about his ridiculous claims, but I never trolled Him by mocking his writing, like You lot do.

I've never trolled GCL. I debate with Him about his ridiculous claims, but I never trolled Him by mocking his writing, like You lot do.

Do you still not understand what 'trolling' is? Apparently you don't.

And what you do with him hardly qualifies as debate. Debate implies intelligent arguments and information, not a constant stream of tired old crap. Again, when he posted this morning and you replied IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING, that's not debate. That's the 2 of you being dicks to each other. It's cute that the 2 of you are two peas in a pod even though you go off on each other the way you do, but don't try and sell the rest of us (or at least the 10 of us) that you're offering up so useful worthwhile debate when this is what the 2 of you look like..

family-guy-chicken_616.jpg

Which now begs the question.. which one of you is Peter and which one is the chicken. krow? Your thoughts?

No. I have a Life. You don't know Me, so don't make those claims. Universal wall? Maximum 10 People out of 7 Billion People. My Family Accept Me, that's all that matters to Me.

Tony most of these 10 people have tried to give you advice. You chose not to take this on board, and instead use your disability as a shield rather than proactively doing something to overcome it or at least reduce its effects.

You have NO idea how frustrating it is to give well-meant advice only to see it completely ignored.

• Like 4

You have NO idea how frustrating it is to give well-meant advice only to see it completely ignored.

Amen. And in your earlier posts, Tony, you asked for our opinions on something. I gave mine and you went right ahead and ignored it. Not that you bound to follow them -- which is why it was difficult to imagine you as a bonafide poster becuz you were hellbent in disregarding others' opinions anyway even after you had specifically asked for them. Sigh.

• Like 1

And what you do with him hardly qualifies as debate. Debate implies intelligent arguments and information, not a constant stream of tired old crap. Again, when he posted this morning and you replied IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING, that's not debate. That's the 2 of you being dicks to each other. It's cute that the 2 of you are two peas in a pod even though you go off on each other the way you do, but don't try and sell the rest of us (or at least the 10 of us) that you're offering up so useful worthwhile debate when this is what the 2 of you look like..

Which now begs the question.. which one of you is Peter and which one is the chicken. krow? Your thoughts?

Tony is england and gold coast lions is perth

sorry to break up this -- well, whatever this is -- but does anyone else think that if qatar really wanted to keep this world cup they would have started construction on their stadiums en masse by now? surely, if they were knee deep into building 12 stadiums it would be hard to deprive them. as it is, they're actually demolishing a stadium to rebuild it. they're also currently in the phase of pretending to consider contracting bids to give the illusion that it hasn't already gone to their cousin's company that the organizers and royal family have just recently acquired new stock in.

construction of the first stadium is set to be completed by 2018, or whenever the hell they get around to it.

http://www.albawaba.com/business/qatar-world-cup-construction-609809

sorry to break up this -- well, whatever this is -- but does anyone else think that if qatar really wanted to keep this world cup they would have started construction on their stadiums en masse by now? surely, if they were knee deep into building 12 stadiums it would be hard to deprive them. as it is, they're actually demolishing a stadium to rebuild it. they're also currently in the phase of pretending to consider contracting bids to give the illusion that it hasn't already gone to their cousin's company that the organizers and royal family have just recently acquired new stock in.

construction of the first stadium is set to be completed by 2018, or whenever the hell they get around to it.

http://www.albawaba.com/business/qatar-world-cup-construction-609809

They'll just make their Nepalese slaves work harder if need be.

They were given this World Cup four years earlier than would normally be the case.

They could build now, but what would happen then is they'd have a load of stadiums laying empty until the World Cup. I mean, they're not going to be filled for QSL Games in the meantime are they (average attendance 5k) ?!!! :lol:

5c5deba3-4154-4dba-85ce-ddb9e291e28b_16x

They were given this World Cup four years earlier than would normally be the case.

They could build now, but what would happen then is they'd have a load of stadiums laying empty until the World Cup. I mean, they're not going to be filled for QSL Games in the meantime are they (average attendance 5k) ?!!! :lol:

as opposed to just having them lay empty after the world cup, instead? nobody was ever under any illusion that they meant to support 10 or however many stadiums to begin with. i suppose they'll tear a few down or more likely leave them there and halfheartedly argue about what do with them for a few years.

at least if they build them now, they're likely to end up hosting in the end. although i seem to get the impression they're not too worried about that. nobody really has seemed to muster much effort in getting them moved, or doing anything at all, except throw around wild hypotheticals and pithy soundbytes to the british papers.

• Like 1

Bit stupid comparing to TV Characters.

No, when he says 10 people, he literally means 10 people. The guy definitely has a list of 10 specific users who "bully" him and make him cry himself to sleep at night.

Bit creepy that Your stalking Me to wrongly know that. By the way, I don't cry myself to sleep. What happens on here doesn't affect my private life. 10 VS 2 is Bullying whichever way You look at it. If 2 People have said something, does that give 10 People the right to beat them up? No.

I don't listen to advice from Hypocrites. I have actually been the most understanding to GCL. Yes, I disagree with him alot. Yes, I call his claims ridiculous, that isn't trolling. Trolling is when You attack something that's personal to them. Alot of You lot have mocked his spelling. He has dyslexia. I have showed understanding to Him. I have never mocked his spelling. Even when I made the Bit of Understanding Thread, I supported GCL, because my OCD and Tourettes and his Dyslexia is not our faults. I have said, if someone has an issue with Me, instead of flooding the Forums with arguments, PM Me and confront Me via PM and we can privately sort it, without others getting involved in public, causing a Big argument. I have space in my inbox, PM Me if You have an issue or concern. If not, don't moan.

• Like 1