ENGLAND.

Spain.

Germany.

France.

Italy.

Brazil.

Uruguay.

Argentina.

England has qualified for 14 out of the 20 Fifa World Cups that have been played. England is 1 of only 8 Countries to have Won the Fifa World Cup. England created Football. Wembley is the Home of Football. The FA is a powerhouse of Football. England as a Country loves Football. England has Qualified for 8 out of the 14 UEFA European Football Championships that have been played, by looks of it, it looks like we will be Qualifying for UEFA Euro 2016 aswell. England is a safe pair of hands, a Democratic Country and the Home of Football. So Yes, England is a Powerhouse of Football. England also has the Best Football League in the World (Barclays Premier League). Most pundits have said this.

England is a Powerhouse. End of.

Powerhouse = a country that wins events, and gets far into tournaments. England has 0 trophies this century lol. Even Canada has a trophy (2000 Gold Cup). No one is disputing England should host, but saying they should be first in line for 2018 is of putting.

Ofan, it is no use. Tony just doesn't understand the argument being presented. If this was a clean, clear, corruption-free tender for a World Cup; England would have a good case to host. Based on the what is need England is far behind France within Europe and Korea, Japan and the Americans worldwide to be an emergency host.

• Like 2

England could host a World Cup at short notice but it would involve some compromise on FIFA's part. I don't think it'd be a huge amount of compromise and if they were in a situation which warranted a stand-in host, there's no doubt we could do it and do it well at short notice. But you're almost certainly right that they'd look to recent hosts first because they'd have more of the infrastructure in place. It just makes sense.

This is all very hypothetical anyway. FIFA won't take anything from Qatar. The ground is being laid for a Winter WC. England's role - tha of our jouranlists and politicians - is now that of chief agitator.

Poke....poke.....poke....

England has the Stadiums (Some Needing Renovations). There is no dispute that England would have 3 Years to prepare if we were given the Fifa World Cup right now (Because of the 2017 Fifa Confederations Cup). England would be ready in 2-3 Years. Fifa Confederations Cup requires at least 4 Stadiums. Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium, Old Trafford and Anfield could be used. Anfield is currently being expanded. Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford would need no Works.

England deserves a Fifa World Cup. We would be ready in 2-3 Years no problem and anyone who says differently, won't change this truth that we would be ready.

England has the Stadiums (Some Needing Renovations). There is no dispute that England would have 3 Years to prepare if we were given the Fifa World Cup right now (Because of the 2017 Fifa Confederations Cup). England would be ready in 2-3 Years. Fifa Confederations Cup requires at least 4 Stadiums. Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium, Old Trafford and Anfield could be used. Anfield is currently being expanded. Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford would need no Works.

England deserves a Fifa World Cup. We would be ready in 2-3 Years no problem and anyone who says differently, won't change this truth that we would be ready.

Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony I need to repeat this 200 times but I can';t be bothered nor want to be like you in posting. England may host another FIFA World Cup but 2018 is clearly Russia time to shine Russia was the only economic powerhouse in Europe to not have hosted the FIFA World cup back in 2009. I think that the next host of the FIFA World Cup in Europe will be co hosted by Belgium and the Netherlands.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be very likely to be moved from Qatar to the USA or Australia Russia will stay as host for the 2018 event.

And I love the idea that someone who thinks France is on the brink of Nazism is trying to patronise someone else. Gamesbids just ate itself.

(btw GCL, you do realise FIFA doesn't like joint bids AND isn't best pleased with Holland after the Dutch government tried to amend the host nation contract AND Holland is one of the most hostile nations towards FIFA and its current structures [Link])

Makey-uppy predictions. I see you're predicing a Caribbean SOG host in another thread!

If you're going to be patronising, do some effin research.

Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony I need to repeat this 200 times but I can';t be bothered nor want to be like you in posting. England may host another FIFA World Cup but 2018 is clearly Russia time to shine Russia was the only economic powerhouse in Europe to not have hosted the FIFA World cup back in 2009. I think that the next host of the FIFA World Cup in Europe will be co hosted by Belgium and the Netherlands.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be very likely to be moved from Qatar to the USA or Australia Russia will stay as host for the 2018 event.

Russia is corrupt. They should never Host anything for decades. Qatar, don't even get me started on them.

Fifa doesn't like Joint Bids, 2002 was an exception. Joint Bids will only be successful if only Joint Bids Bid. Don't even listen to those Voting Numbers, the whole process was corrupt.

The Netherlands and Belgium bid were better the England the Netherlands now is better football nation then England. If anything there performance is shaping to be the next Europe host after Russia an global power Russia 2018 is right it will go ahead where ever Tony likes it or not. The Netherlands is the only European football power which has not hosted the FIFA World Cup they are very likely to be the next host in Europe not England.

The Netherlands and Belgium bid were better the England the Netherlands now is better football nation then England. If anything there performance is shaping to be the next Europe host after Russia an global power Russia 2018 is right it will go ahead where ever Tony likes it or not. The Netherlands is the only European football power which has not hosted the FIFA World Cup they are very likely to be the next host in Europe not England.

Ooh, them's fightin' words! I like how people here are adding "whether you like it or not" or "deal with it" or something similar as if that strengthens the argument.

Before Tony sees this and considers wasting a post to refute this, let me save him the trouble and tell you you're a moron. That the Netherlands has been doing better in major competitions than England does not give them a better case to land a World Cup. The fact they went into the 2018 vote as a joint bid (and finished behind another joint bid) is pretty telling of what their chances are. Yes, I know they got more votes than England (although lost 2 votes from round 1 to round 2.. seriously, how in the hell does that even work), but it doesn't give them a better shot. Right now, there's a grand total of 2 stadiums in the country with a capacity over 50,000, and those 2 (Amsterdam ArenA and De Kuip) are barely over 50,000 at that. No other stadiums are over 40,000. So how exactly do you expect the Netherlands to be the next host when they are woefully short of the minimum requirements? I don't know if this post is meant to bait Tony into a response or if you're actually that stupid (I'll guess the latter for now), but you're dreaming if you think Netherlands is hosting before England simply because they're this new European football power

• Like 1

Ooh, them's fightin' words! I like how people here are adding "whether you like it or not" or "deal with it" or something similar as if that strengthens the argument.

Before Tony sees this and considers wasting a post to refute this, let me save him the trouble and tell you you're a moron. That the Netherlands has been doing better in major competitions than England does not give them a better case to land a World Cup. The fact they went into the 2018 vote as a joint bid (and finished behind another joint bid) is pretty telling of what their chances are. Yes, I know they got more votes than England (although lost 2 votes from round 1 to round 2.. seriously, how in the hell does that even work), but it doesn't give them a better shot. Right now, there's a grand total of 2 stadiums in the country with a capacity over 50,000, and those 2 (Amsterdam ArenA and De Kuip) are barely over 50,000 at that. No other stadiums are over 40,000. So how exactly do you expect the Netherlands to be the next host when they are woefully short of the minimum requirements? I don't know if this post is meant to bait Tony into a response or if you're actually that stupid (I'll guess the latter for now), but you're dreaming if you think Netherlands is hosting before England simply because they're this new European football power

One would assume that the Belgium/Netherlands and England bids were the ones that partook in the least corrupt activities. So their totals relative to themselves can be telling.

Benelux lost votes due to strategic voting to eliminate England I would assume.

Whether You like it or not, You have no idea on the subject. Whether You like it or not, Perth, Almaty, Lima and Anchorage are not Hosting.

England deserves a Fifa World Cup. End of. Holland won't Host because they will always Bid with Belgium and Fifa won't accept Joint Bids again. England had the Best Bid. Fact.

And the joint Iberian bid didn't do much better either.

That was a lopsided bid to begin with. I understand that Portugal can't host on it's own, but it should have gotten more of the pie (in bid theory of course), a 4 or 5 (in 4 or 5 cities) to 7 ratio for Portugal and Spain respectively. Especially since Spain can host it alone.