Qatar 2022

arwebb

There was no alcohol in venues at Sochi 2014. I don't know if there was in London. I do know there was in Vancouver.

Could have been a supply and demand thing. I guess organizers just left it to the bars in the city, rather than keeping all venues well stocked with say, even the basics like beer.

Here's the only problem with that list.. name 1 of those issues that wasn't known to FIFA in December of 2010 when they awarded Qatar the 2022 World Cup. What has changed since then?

No Workers Rights. Construction started after Qatar was awarded, so no one knew there was poor Workers Rights.

No Workers Rights. Construction started after Qatar was awarded, so no one knew there was poor Workers Rights.

I'm taking a wild guess, but maybe even before the FIFA vote, some kind of construction, like, you know, houses, roads, hotels, such things may have taken place in Qatar already, or was it an unpopulated desert peninsula?

I'm taking a wild guess, but maybe even before the FIFA vote, some kind of construction, like, you know, houses, roads, hotels, such things may have taken place in Qatar already, or was it an unpopulated desert peninsula?

Not that far off really.

True, but there was no media attention and Fifa didn't care until Qatar got the World Cup.

FIFA still doesn't really care, they just pretend to when they feel they're watched.

I agree. Fifa is greedy and only care if it puts Money in their pockets. Although, the attention to Workers Rights is only around recently because of the World Cup, otherwise Fifa and the Media wouldn't comment.

An interesting but sobering way to quantify what's going on in Qatar with regard to the World Cup..

Report: Qatar's World Cup Expected To Take More Lives Than 9/11

And it's all on Fifa's conscience.

No it ain't. FIFA couldn't give a £#$& about what happens in Qatar. They've got their bribes, & that's all that counts to them. Things could only change with a mass boycott or a breakaway federation. I didn't want to say that, but FIFA's lack of apparent action both since 2010 & since last week's evidence makes it blindingly obvious :angry:

Tony, if I had a dollar for every time you repeated yourself or repeated everyone else, I'd have more money than your total post count.

If you had a pound, lol, that's my currency the pound. Anyway, sorry, I do have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, so sorry if I repeat. Back to topic ....

An interesting but sobering way to quantify what's going on in Qatar with regard to the World Cup..

Report: Qatar's World Cup Expected To Take More Lives Than 9/11

Just saw an article in Australia about this today. Absolutely dreadful. All these deaths and I did not have one clue about it. FIFA really f#cked up.

• Like 1

It's no surprise that it has now come out that Qatar bribed exco members (how many is anyone's guess) - I don't blame them however.

The real culprits are Fifa - they voted for a bid that was unsuitable, want to move the tournament and have been shown to be corrupt.

They should never have voted for Qatar - any of the other 4 bids would have been acceptable!

As it is - they've made their bed and have to lie in it.

As for Australia - we should never have bid,