Qatar 2022

arwebb

The 4 most suited to be replacement hosts are France, Germany, Korea and USA. The most logical being Korea, has a neutral relationship with the Muslim world, has 10 stadiums that are ready to go with minimal work that are all football specific and is in the same confederation.

And they can give it to America ;)

No, Here in England should Host. America Hosted in 1994, we Hosted in 1966.

The 4 most suited to be replacement hosts are France, Germany, Korea and USA. The most logical being Korea, has a neutral relationship with the Muslim world, has 10 stadiums that are ready to go with minimal work that are all football specific and is in the same confederation.

And England.

What on earth makes France a more suitable replacement than England? France has only 6 stadiums with a capacity greater than the minimum 40,000. England has 10 football stadiums that fills that criteria. And 12 if we include the Olympic stadium and Twickenham stadium. Though these won't be used as long as London can only host 2 stadiums.

• Like 1

Tony stfu

Please don't be rude. We haven't hosted a World Cup since 1966 (48 Years - By 2022 56 Years) America Hosted 20 Years ago (28 Years in 2022).

Well, yeah, but the US was the runner-up bid. So why should Korea even be considered?? :blink:

In reality there are many with athletics track if the stadiums from 2002 would be used. I would add to this list England, Japan and Spain with a capability to host easily. Considering that the 2018 tournament will be in Europe, 2022 should go outside UEFA.

England needs a fair few stadium upgrades and most of their stadiums do not meet the peripheral requirements of FIFA for fan zones, security and other land uses that FIFA stipulaltes that should be directly around the stadium. It was their biggest weakness during the bidding for 2018. Spain doesn't have the money to step in. Japan has events in 2019 and 2020.

England needs a fair few stadium upgrades and most of their stadiums do not meet the peripheral requirements of FIFA for fan zones, security and other land uses that FIFA stipulaltes that should be directly around the stadium. It was their biggest weakness during the bidding for 2018. Spain doesn't have the money to step in. Japan has events in 2019 and 2020.

Wembley Stadium meets Fifa requirements. London.

Emirates Stadium meets Fifa requirements. London.

Old Trafford would get minor renovations. Manchester.

New Birmingham City Stadium would meet Fifa requirements. Birmingham.

St James' Park would get minor renovations. Newcastle.

New Everton Stadium would meet Fifa requirements. Liverpool.

AMEX would be expanded and meet Fifa requirements. Brighton.

Stadium MK would be expanded and meet Fifa requirements. Milton Keynes.

Stadium of Light would get major renovations. Sunderland.

Home Park would get major renovations. Plymouth.

New Portsmouth Stadium would meet Fifa requirements. Portsmouth.

New Nottingham Forest Stadium would meet Fifa requirements. Nottingham.

8 years until 2022, we would be complete on time, as we proved on the 2012 Olympics.

• Thanks 1

A good few of those stadiums won't be built (Portsmouth, Plymouth, Birmingham) and Everton's and Forest's won't be built anytime soon since both are in the early exploratory stages. If England were to step in for 2022, we wouldn't be proposing new stadiums, FIFA would need to compromise on their requirements a little in terms of modern stadiums if not necessarily on capacity.

If you want a stand-in that hasn't hosted recently and could host quickly and effectively but with some compromises England's a good shout. If you want a stand-in host that will meet all modern stadium requirements then you'd have to go to a recent host like Germany or South Africa.

The most likely scenario, should Qatar be stripped of the cup, is for the USA to stand in though. They were a losing bidder for 2022 and could host with relatively little notice too.

i am going to be so mad at the telegraph if this means my umm salal christmas present stadium won't get built.

i have no loyalties to anything greater than seeing this thing actually exist on planet earth. (my second greatest loyalty is to seeing the easter basket built and my somewhat distant third is to rooting out the scourge of corruption and malfeasance in sport in all its forms. my fourth is to the vagina stadium and my fifth is to ensuring fifa gets its just deserts)

"why do you hate me gamesbids.com :'( "

wrldcup2022_10.jpg

A good few of those stadiums won't be built (Portsmouth, Plymouth, Birmingham) and Everton's and Forest's won't be built anytime soon since both are in the early exploratory stages. If England were to step in for 2022, we wouldn't be proposing new stadiums, FIFA would need to compromise on their requirements a little in terms of modern stadiums if not necessarily on capacity.

If you want a stand-in that hasn't hosted recently and could host quickly and effectively but with some compromises England's a good shout. If you want a stand-in host that will meet all modern stadium requirements then you'd have to go to a recent host like Germany or South Africa.

The most likely scenario, should Qatar be stripped of the cup, is for the USA to stand in though. They were a losing bidder for 2022 and could host with relatively little notice too.

Despite my reluctance to agree with it, if Qatar is stripped of the World Cup it will be protrayed as an affront to Islam and the Muslim world. Awarding it to the USA will not be the most ideal choice. That is why I think Korea is the best choice.

Despite my reluctance to agree with it, if Qatar is stripped of the World Cup it will be protrayed as an affront to Islam and the Muslim world. Awarding it to the USA will not be the most ideal choice.

who gives a ****?

I don't praticularly give a sh!t. Muslims get their knickers in a knot far far too easily. But do you honestly think the US government would want to tackle such a hot potato? I cannot imagine the US would want to deal with that PR disaster.

Here are some new Renderings and Description that came out today of what the Khalifa Stadium in Doha, Qatar will look like after a Renovation and Expansion to 68,030 Seats for the 2022 Fifa World Cup Hosted by Qatar:

Description: Khalifa Stadium

It already hosted the 2006 Asian Games, all major games of Qatari national team in football and soon the FIFA World Cup. Khalifa Stadium is crucial to Qatar’s 2022 tournament, expected to host group games, quarterfinal, semifinal and perhaps even more games, depending on final stadium list.

Built in 2005, the new western side will remain intact, retaining the iconic arch system’s role as landmark. But the east side will go through complete makeover, mimicking the western side.

Even more arches will come atop the upgraded stand, which is expected to get even 20,000 new seats, mostly in the new upper ring. New arched roof over part of the east side is in line with current architectural direction, just like access ramps created on both sides of the stand.

Completely new functions are planned underneath the improved structure: 10,000 sqm of retail space, further 10,000 sqm of VIP/corporate hospitality zones. And that’s not even half the new space, because floor surface of the stadium is likely to grow by 48,000 sqm, including the freestanding Qatar Olympic Museum next to the stadium, connected with a pedestrian bridge.

Images are on this link - http://stadiumdb.com/designs/qat/khalifa_stadium - Source: StadiumDB.com

• Like 1

I don't praticularly give a sh!t. Muslims get their knickers in a knot far far too easily. But do you honestly think the US government would want to tackle such a hot potato? I cannot imagine the US would want to deal with that PR disaster.

What PR disaster would that be?

Because the US is already the favorite of the Muslim world. :rolleyes:

What PR disaster would that be?

Because the US is already the favorite of the Muslim world. :rolleyes:

If FIFA strips Qatar of the World Cup.. that PR disaster. I agree with faster on this one. This 2022 World Cup is historic because it's going to be the first major sporting event held in the Muslim world. How's it going to look if FIFA reverses course (even if they have cause) to say "sorry Qatar, but we changed our minds, we don't want you to host our event"? The backlash wouldn't necessarily be against the replacement host (although I'm sure there would be some animosity there) as much as it would be against FIFA. That's what they potentially have to deal with if they tell Qatar they're not suitable as host anymore like they told them they were 3+ years ago.