Qatar 2022

arwebb

Why is anybody surprised? This schedule is the only real option if they want to keep it in Qatar and at weather conditions allowing outside sports activities - and at the same time not get in trouble with the IOC because of the WOG.

Now FIFA "only" has to get all the major leagues to adapt their calendars.

Why is anybody surprised? This schedule is the only real option if they want to keep it in Qatar and at weather conditions allowing outside sports activities - and at the same time not get in trouble with the IOC because of the WOG.

Now FIFA "only" has to get all the major leagues to adapt their calendars.

And figure out how much of a rebate they want to give to certain broadcasters, most notably Fox in the United States. I know it's small potatoes compared to what NBC contributes to the IOC, but you can be sure Fox built some sort of insurance clause into their contract in case something like this were to happen. If November/December is indeed the timeframe for this World Cup, there's going to be far less interest here than there would have been otherwise, particularly from the segment of the crowd that might have been interested in a World Cup during the summer when there's not as much going on here.

• Like 1

Qatar has contributed absolutely nothing to the Footballing World, well except for helping finances of Blatter, if you can call that contributing for Football. They are against Homosexuals, they have conflicts with Israel, Alcohol is a problem over there, women's rights and Heat. As a straight man, even I find this discusting. So if you don't live up to there demands of being one of them, then we are not welcome in Qatar. Well done Fifa, you corrupted organisation. Put it like this, my England should of had 2018 World Cup, we have Stadium's existing, with some needing renovation, we have infrastructure from the Olympics and a running tube service which is being upgraded, not to mention Crossrail, we are also welcoming to all races, sexual orientation and have respect for our women, we accept Alcohol, we wouldn't ban Israel if they qualified. For the 2022 World Cup, at least Japan, Usa, Australia and South Korea have all qualified for the World Cup without being host, at least they are welcoming, and at least they have a democratic system in there countries. Anything I am missing to why Qatar should never of been thought of as a host? Thankyou IOC for doing the decent thing and not giving a Olympics to Doha. Corrupt Fifa/Blatter, take some tips from IOC.

Qatar has contributed absolutely nothing to the Footballing World, well except for helping finances of Blatter, if you can call that contributing for Football. They are against Homosexuals, they have conflicts with Israel, Alcohol is a problem over there, women's rights and Heat. As a straight man, even I find this discusting. So if you don't live up to there demands of being one of them, then we are not welcome in Qatar. Well done Fifa, you corrupted organisation. Put it like this, my England should of had 2018 World Cup, we have Stadium's existing, with some needing renovation, we have infrastructure from the Olympics and a running tube service which is being upgraded, not to mention Crossrail, we are also welcoming to all races, sexual orientation and have respect for our women, we accept Alcohol, we wouldn't ban Israel if they qualified. For the 2022 World Cup, at least Japan, Usa, Australia and South Korea have all qualified for the World Cup without being host, at least they are welcoming, and at least they have a democratic system in there countries. Anything I am missing to why Qatar should never of been thought of as a host? Thankyou IOC for doing the decent thing and not giving a Olympics to Doha. Corrupt Fifa/Blatter, take some tips from IOC.

I can understand FIFA putting 2018 in Russia. There's a lot to gain from having the World Cup there, human rights issues and other concerns aside. I will never understand what 14 voters (out of the 24) thought would benefit FIFA or the game of football by putting the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. A lot of folks here think it's sour grapes over the United States not winning, but 2026 may well very be here and it will follow what should be the worst World Cup in history. Maybe if they're lucky, they'll get saved somewhat by it being a great tournament. So yea, let all those folks who thought (or were paid) Qatar was a good idea live with the consequences of a historically bad decision.

A lot of folks here think it's sour grapes over the United States not winning

If by "here" you mean this forum then you're wrong. One or two people here think that, not a lot. The vast majority can see that Qatar 2022 was a ridiculous choice and will not bring up your nationality if you question it. :)

This is an outrage! It will clash with the '22 logo comp!

Oh my. I can't believe myself. You are actually right. Right Fifa, you deffiently have to strip Qatar off the World Cup, otherwise you will ruin the Logo Competition, and by then I might win. Plus, they can't ruin something well organised by GamesBids own Sir Rols.

Oh God, I watch none of those. Fox will have nothing to worry about.

Do you even watch the World Cup? :rolleyes: I mean, there is an Opening Ceremony! But no Closing Ceremony though, so it's not so much like the Olympics where you have those 2 and all those sweaty sports competitions in the middle as filler.

Do you even watch the World Cup? :rolleyes: I mean, there is an Opening Ceremony! But no Closing Ceremony though, so it's not so much like the Olympics where you have those 2 and all those sweaty sports competitions in the middle as filler.

Actually, RSA had a GREAT Closing ceremony...and a very creditable Opening. ANd I guess somewhere between those 2, I saw a ball kicked several times. :lol:

Not sure if this has been asked before.

Does a small country such as Qatar need 12 stadiums to host the World Cup?

It makes sense for a larger country such as Brazil, Germany or USA to have the venues spread out across the country.

However Qatar only has a population of about 2 million and 90% are in the metro area in Doha.

On any given day their can a maximum of 4 games play.

Using Brazil as an example:

The first 2 games during the group round are played at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm

Where the final games of the group round have 2 games played each (as required by FIFA) at 1pm and 5pm (a total of 4 games)

During the playoffs, there is a maximum of 2 games played per day.

Qatar can get away with only 3-4 stadiums and utilizing them every day (or 2 times a day) unlike Brazil who uses them every 4th day.

Instead of having stadiums in the 40,000 range. You can have 3-4 stadiums in the 80,000 range.

Since all the spectators will in Doha, it makes no sense to have 11 venues in Doha area.

Besides, how many cities with a population of 2 million, have more than 6 stadiums over 40,000 seats?

Well, it looks like Australia is set to pounce on FIFA to reimburse the cost to the Australian taxpayer form our failed 2022 bid, if it proceeds with adjusting the dates for the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

That is why the US does not use public monies in its Olympic bids -- so there is no backtracking accounting & attempts to collect, like this. After all the expenses and legal fees are taken out -- and Australia will NOT get the full amount back, I can assure you that, I really wonder dollar-to-cents, what is recovered. .

Edited by baron-pierreIV