Gamesbids 2012 Vote Competition

Hello Lads and Lasses

Roltel had a great idea to set another Gamesbids competition surrounding the 2012 IOC vote on July 6th.

We have had similar lotteries and sweepstakes with Eurovision and horse racing but this one would have to be different simply because there are only 5 candidates(well 4 plus Moscow).

In order to win you will need to correctly predict the following questions:

Who will be the first city to go?

How many rounds of voting will there be?

Who will win?

I totally stole those questions from Kendegras post but I thought they were the main points of the vote.

Of course it wouldn't be a fun competition if you just predicted the results and I wanted to make it more of a lottery. I have therefore decided to do it like this:

Each of the 3 questions should be answered by all those taking part with a number between 1 and 5 inclusive.

Each number has been allocated an answer by me and will only be disclosed when the competition is oficially closed the night before the vote in Singapore.

For questions 2 the possible answers will be 1,2,3,4,5 rounds but in the same way as the other questions, your entry should just state a number between 1 and 5 inclusive.

Remember that you will not be making a prediction. You will be choosing a number at random and you could be making any kind of lottery prediction. Some of you may be unlucky enough to get:

Paris out in first round

Vote decided in 1st Round

Moscow win

It should be funny to see what people end up picking. It's all  Just abit of fun really.

Remember, to win you must choose 1 number for each of the 3 questions in the order that I have posted them. It really is a lottery what you will end up with.

I cannot take part myself becuase I know what numbers I have allocated to each answer.

Your entry should look like this:

Question 1:Number 5

Question 2:Number 3

Question 3:Number 1

I may close the competition early and announce what each of you has predicted early, if I get a fair amount of interest.

Good Luck!

Who will be the first entrant? Will there actually be a member who will get all 3 answers correct?

Thanks Mallaka! I'd really been racking my brians to try and think of a formula to do it, but as Kendegra said, there's just so many variables in all this that it's hard. I think you came up with a great solution.

Anyway, my picks then are:

Q1: Number 3

Q2: Number 4

Q3: Number 1

Thanks Mallaka! I'd really been racking my brians to try and think of a formula to do it, but as Kendegra said, there's just so many variables in all this that it's hard. I think you came up with a great solution.

Anyway, my picks then are:

Q1: Number 3

Q2: Number 4

Q3: Number 1

I am already chuckling away to myself at your combination. You have an interesting predicition. I won't say anymore. LOL

I forgot to ask everybody who takes part, can you try to choose a different combination to what has gone before. It gives us a better chance of getting a winner that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived