Nbc To Reair Beijing Opening Ceremonies And Preview Vancouver 2010!

The only part they cut out in the initial US showing was the "Peking opera" sequence w/ the puppets which came right after the "Printing Blocks" sequence, and as a lead in to the solo "Silk Road" dancer.

The whole beginning before the Dynastic sequence was cut from the U.S. broadcast, you have the DVD you should know that.

The whole beginning before the Dynastic sequence was cut from the U.S. broadcast, you have the DVD you should know that.

I'm going to have a look again. I was switching between NBC and ABC last night. But after the Compass-naval sequences, didn't they just move into the 5 Dynasties/court sequence? What occurred between those 2?

Nothing separate happened.

Before the women in the dresses moved onto the screen, before the "Five Long Paintings" appeared on the membrane, etc. there was a small Kunqu opera performance - it was still part of the Dynastic segment.

Nothing separate happened.

Before the women in the dresses moved onto the screen, before the "Five Long Paintings" appeared on the membrane, etc. there was a small Kunqu opera performance - it was still part of the Dynastic segment.

UGH, have you not seen the Canadian or Australian broadcasts? There is a whole segment not aired in the US that NBC aired part of last night. I have the NBC DVD plus I have the full original NBC broadcast ripped from a DVR, and it wasn't shown, NBC went to a commercial break. You don't know what you are talking about.

UGH, have you not seen the Canadian or Australian broadcasts? There is a whole segment not aired in the US that NBC aired part of last night. I have the NBC DVD plus I have the full original NBC broadcast ripped from a DVR, and it wasn't shown, NBC went to a commercial break. You don't know what you are talking about.

Nope, sorry. I know perfectly well what I'm talking about. You, frankly, don't understand what's being said.

Yes, they did not show part of the Dynastic segment in their original August broadcast. It was a Kunqu opera performance. In the following video, it begins at around 0:22 and ends at around 2:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7i0FmareE...feature=related

In their original broadcast, NBC doesn’t come back from commercials until the very end of that opera performance (2:15), when the dancers come onto the screen.

The only point I was ever making was that the said portion is actually part of Dynastic sequence and that it isn't an entirely separate artistic sequence or segment. People seemed to be under the impression that it was entirely separate.

I never denied that they didn't show it originally or that they finally showed it last night - I have no clue why you are under the false impression that I was.

Nope, sorry. I know perfectly well what I'm talking about. You, frankly, don't understand what's being said.

Yes, they did not show part of the Dynastic segment in their original August broadcast. It was a Kunqu opera performance. In the following video, it begins at around 0:22 and ends at around 2:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7i0FmareE...feature=related

In their original broadcast, NBC doesn’t come back from commercials until the very end of that opera performance (2:15), when the dancers come onto the screen.

The only point I was ever making was that the said portion is actually part of Dynastic sequence and that it isn't an entirely separate artistic sequence or segment. People seemed to be under the impression that it was entirely separate.

I never denied that they didn't show it originally or that they finally showed it last night - I have no clue why you are under the false impression that I was.

You're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about because the question at hand was "Did NBC air segments of the OC that were not originally shown on 8-8-08 in the U.S.?" and the answer is YES. No one gives a rip whether that sequence was "Part of the Dynastic sequence" or not, and you know that, you just kept blathering on in your own world addressing a question that wasn't asked, or being discussed.

:rolleyes:

You brought it up:

Yes there was a whole segment not aired on NBC before the "Dynastic" sequence that CBC did show, but NBC did not originally.

And I cleared it up, so that there would be no confusion about a completely separate artistic segment that wasn't shown.

Later, someone essentially asked if indeed there was a completely separate segment:

But after the Compass-naval sequences, didn't they just move into the 5 Dynasties/court sequence? What occurred between those 2?

And again, it was cleared up.

Sigh, I'm done with this topic. But go on if you must.

I must say I am clearly impressed by the attention to detail you have both shown. It was a truly impressive performance! A friend of mine brought me a 2 DVD set of the Opening Ceremony from Beijing - it has no voiceover and no commercial breaks - almost like being there, but with plenty of camera angles!

• 3 weeks later...