Latest BidIndex Update

I assume we've all been notified about the latest BidIndex update.

IMO, that seems about just right _ certainly it reflects Paris' lead and London's strong late challenge to it.

It'll be interesting to see how NYC eventually scores.

I esteem the "bid-index" as fun - it is a kind of "evaluation" about the technical aspects of the bids, but it totally left out the global political aspects .

These global political aspects are not able to be evaluated, because these aspects depends on the personal opinions of every single IOC member.

I´m really looking forward to the 6th of July - I don´t know what will happen. By the way it is funny to observe (even on our board) that the decision about the 2012 Olympics is conventionalised to be a decision about which city is more beautiful (e.g. architecture) or has the better public-transportation-system etc. etc.- I doubt that this will be decisive.

I believe that the global political and the global sports aspects will be the decisive factor - I´m sad, because I doubt that New York will have a chance for 2012 anymore, after the stadium incident - it was my favourite.

:unclesam:

Thanks, CAF.  Well, lightning could still strike twice.  

In any case, as you've read: NYC is ready to go into 2016 battle-mode if July 6th doesn't happen.  So NYC is ready either way.

Unless the USOC stabs it in the back.

While I wish I could see how the NYC bid is now stacking up, I can certainly understand it being foggy with the recent changes.

The update confirms what seems to be the theme of the last few months: its a toss-up.  These games could really end up anywhere.

Should be fun to see who wins it on July 6th.

Unless the USOC stabs it in the back.

What kind of a dumb comment is that, G?  Why would they?  What - the Mafia's involved in this?   :rolleyes:

Like, how do you know that the USOC is going to really stick with NYC for 2016, if it doesn't get 2012? With all the news lately about the bid, cities like San Fran may try their luck again and use the current NYC scenario as "proof" that they can do better.

Archived