Matt Sundin Signs With Vancouver !

I hope Sundin goes away. I can't stand the guy. Last season he says he would not leave Toronto and join a team at the trade deadline because he wanted to win a stanley cup with a team from the very start of the season, and then what does he do this year? Waits to find a team that is doing well, and then joins them..hypocrite.

It's a Vancouver related topic as this is a Hockey town and we're hosting 2010, not Sweden, though Matt will clearly play for Sweden.

Anyone that heightens the profile of hockey in Vancouver between now and 2010 can only be a good thing

I agree that it's a good thing for Vancouver, although it is just a one year deal.

He could do the same thing next summer, so who knows if he'll want to play in 2010... but the chance to play a part with the defending Gold medallists in his new hometown would be an attraction.

Yeah!!! Get ready for Blastoff for 2010!!! Matt is coming to Vancouver!!!

Matt Sundin is now a Vancouver boy!!! Great way to get the city primed for Hockey in 2010!

If Matt can help the Canucks win the Stanley Cup, that's a springboard to Gold in 2010!!!

Oh Yea! First of all it's MATS, not MATT. You have a 36 year old over the hill hockey player that took 8 months to decide where he was going to play, and at whom everyone else in the league laughs at now. I used to think that Vancouver was a second-rate city, but now that you have Mats and he actually chose Vancouver, my entire opinion of Vancouver, its people and very fabric has changed. Oh, this is just wonderful news.

Edited by juan antonio

Oh Yea! First of all it's MATS, not MATT. You have a 36 year old over the hill hockey player that took 8 months to decide where he was going to play, and at whom everyone else in the league laughs at now. I used to think that Vancouver was a second-rate city, but now that you have Mats and he actually chose Vancouver, my entire opinion of Vancouver, its people and very fabric has changed. Oh, this is just wonderful news.

I'm guessing that you're happy Mats is not a Hab then. And he's 37, by the way.

How the Vancouver Canucks perform this year will have no impact whatsoever on the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Of course there is an impact. Since NHL players are taking part in the 2010 Winter Olympics, the actions of all 30 teams can have an impact on them.

If Sundin performs well, maybe Luongo won't rush back, which will allow him to heal properly and rest. The better Luongo plays the more consideration he'll get to play for Team Canada. If Sundin plays well, maybe he decides to play another year, and participate in the 2010 Games too.

But I think what you're saying is that this isn't really the place to be discussing NHL topics, and I agree with that. So I'll stop...

The Canucks as a team are minor on the Olympics. Look back on the original post. Linking Sundin to the Stanley Cup to a successful 2010 Olympic tournament? The teams will be decided on the individual performance and merits of the team members. Not on how Vancouver's NHL prospects are for the next 6 months.

The Canucks as a team are minor on the Olympics. Look back on the original post. Linking Sundin to the Stanley Cup to a successful 2010 Olympic tournament? The teams will be decided on the individual performance and merits of the team members. Not on how Vancouver's NHL prospects are for the next 6 months.
Especially since 40% of the team's roster isn't even Canadian.