Olympic Spirit

On wednesday we'll know wich city will host the Games of the XXX Olympiad. It will be London, Madrid, Moscow, New York City or Paris (alphabetically). Anyone would be a very good election, in one of the most difficult IOC decission in the last years.

Among the bid cities we have the capital cities of three countries of the UN's Security Council, and also the financial heart of other Security Council country (and even financial heart of the world). With them, Spain has elected Madrid, one of the biggest european cities that has never hosted the Olympic Games.

Five big cities with five huge bids. Good luck to all them.

In this forum, we have talk a lot about London, Madrid, Moscow, New York City and Paris (also about La Habana, Istanbul, Rio de Janeiro and Leipzig). Sometimes it hasn't been very good words.

But now, I ask you to show your Olympic Spirit and wish the best luck to the other cities. Also, when the election has been made, I ask you to congratulate the winner, that since wednesday will be an Olympic city.

I say:

-London: London is an historic town that will be thrown to the future with the games. London is right wonderful and its bid seems to be fantastic.

-Moscow: Moscow deserves a new opportunity after 1980 Olympic Games. Lots of things had changed in Russia and the whole world. The games around the river sounds great and the city will show their best to the whole world. Moscow is the point of union between Europe and Asia, so the city is itself a representation of the Olympic dream: all together, all in peace.

-NYC: 'The second house of the world'. That's really. In NYC you feel as you were in your country, because the city is an small world. We see NYC as a financial town, but they are also very hospitable and funny. NYC can show a new face to the world.

-Paris: Is the city of dreams, the city of light, the heart of Europe. If they get the Games. I'm sure that the whole world will enjoy them and France will show the people their hospitality and their good way of working.

GOOD LIKE TO THE WHOLE FIVE

Logo%202012.jpg2012b.giflogo_paris2012.gifCandidate%20Logo.jpg0,11410,5035-0-85334-0-custom148795,00.jpg

And you will find the Olympic Spirit best in NYC.  Like the United Nations, I think NYC should be made the permanent home of the Olympics, too.   :laugh:

THE Olympic Movement represents peaceful movement,otherwise I don't think New Yorkn nor USA are  secured places for this movement.

You should questioned yourself,why american are so hated in the whole world?Indeed you have a bad reputation abroad,I think you have the worst one and you won the title of the most hated country in the world.

Olympic movement symbolizes the world so I think it is completely antinomian...

And you will find the Olympic Spirit best in NYC.  Like the United Nations, I think NYC should be made the permanent home of the Olympics, too.   :laugh:

THE Olympic Movement represents peaceful movement,otherwise I don't think New Yorkn nor USA are  secured places for this movement.

You should questioned yourself,why american are so hated in the whole world?Indeed you have a bad reputation abroad,I think you have the worst one and you won the title of the most hated country in the world.

Woah! Calm down! This thread started out well intentioned, I think puxapiti wanted it to stay that way.

Actually, no Borine.  Between the US and France, there have been 12 Olympics!!  So you garlic-breathed froggie should talk!!  Why do you think they placed the UN in New York and have given the US 4 Summer Games (and NOT to France)?  Because the people here are MORE FRIENDLY and LESS INSECURE and PRETENTIOUS than you snout-faced frogs who need to be rescued in every world conflict.  So shut your trap!!

Go MAGINOT Line!!  Allez Nuovo York!!  HA!

:unclesam:

Thanks, Robert, for running interference.

Woah! Calm down! This thread started out well intentioned, I think puxapiti wanted it to stay that way.

I am completely well intentioned,the Olympic spirit is a spirit of peace I don't think New York is a peaceful place (reference to 09/11) for the IOC permanent home.

Switzerland is neutral so it is a better place.

When he mentionned the UN he politicises this thread so it is contrary to the aiming of this thread.

Are you moderator BOB????I don't think so calm down and let the moderator do their job...let the moderators judge my thread there is no bad intention from my part(only for you),i reflect on the sense of the baron's post and i answer him.So mêle toi de tes affaires au lieu de vouloir créer la polémique :laughlong:

Nice one Robert. No-one was asking how hated America is. Everyone needs to keep being reminded that half of America hates George Bush as well. It's not the USA people don't like, it's their politicians. Thankfully, they're all in Washington, which isn't, and probably never will be, looking to host the Games.

I am completely well intentioned,the Olympic spirit is a spirit of peace I don't think New York is a peaceful place (reference to 09/11) for the IOC permanent home.

Switzerland is neutral so it is a better place.

When he mentionned the UN he politicises this thread so it is contrary to the aiming of this thread.

Are you moderator BOB????I don't think so calm down and let the moderator do their job...let the moderators judge my thread there is no bad intention from my part(only for you),i reflect on the sense of the baron's post and i answer him.So mêle toi de tes affaires au lieu de vouloir créer la polémique :laughlong:

baron was kidding before, and you flip out like this?....as I have said before it is disturbing to think that people like this could be awarded the Games.....

NYC is a very friendly and safe city, that would make a great host....as I am sure are Paris, London, Moscow, and Madrid....

Actually, no Borine.  Between the US and France, there have been 12 Olympics!!  So you garlic-breathed froggie should talk!!  Why do you think they placed the UN in New York and have given the US 4 Summer Games (and NOT to France)?  Because the people here are MORE FRIENDLY and LESS INSECURE and PRETENTIOUS than you snout-faced frogs who need to be rescued in every world conflict.  So shut your trap!!

Go MAGINOT Line!!  Go New York!!  HA!

Four games in summer a shame for the IOC

Atlanta Games were stolen to Athens...a shame....the Samaranch era

I forgot Los Angeles :D

The UN in New York:Europe was destructed by war,all to build in Europe so New York was an evident choice,USA thanks to the World War which shook Europe  came into money and became more powerfull.

Before the fiRST World War UK and France had the leadership,soon it will be China and if we take your consideration Baron I suggest the IOC home move in Shanghai,1/6 of the population in China.

:D

New York is clearly an open minded city but i think you don't symbolize what is a new yorker:intolerant and rectionnary

If I was Bloomberg i would be ashamed that people like you come in a board and pretend with some reflections like yours supports New york

Go LIGNE Maginot laughlong: a lot of innocents were surrounded and killed ,you lack of decency

i don't abase like you to encourage Ossama and his army of plane,it would be too many irrespectfull  so I definitely think you play in the gutters.

: :sleepy:

I think the on going war it's not more a valid excuse to hate America.. ok they have some responsabilities and made mistakes in their foreign policy but which countries have never sin? I think no one until now..

talking about Switzerland you're reason is probably the most peaceful place but I prefer the countries which involve themselves in the world contest than a country that since it exist it hadn't never take positions on nothing..

Usa is the example of an extraordinary multiculture meeting of black, hispanics, anglosaxons, asian.. and that's one of the most main points which IOC pay attention to..

I consider Switzerland one of the most boring and "frozen" country which is very closed to foreign people and try disperatly to conserve their richness..

to be a peaceful and quiet place it doesn't necessary means that it rapresents the better place to live or to host an olympic game.

The UN in New York:Europe was destructed by war,all to build in Europe so New York was an evident choice,USA thanks to the World War which shook Europe  came into money and became more powerfull.

Before the fiRST World War UK and France had the leadership,soon it will be China and if we take your consideration Baron I suggest the IOC home move in Shanghai,1/6 of the population in China.

New York is clearly an open minded city but i think you don't symbolize what is a new yorker:intolerant and rectionnary

If I was Bloomberg i would be ashamed that people like you come in a board and pretend with some reflections like yours supports New york

Go LIGNE Maginot laughlong: a lot of innocents were surrounded and killed ,you lack of decency

i don't abase like you to encourage Ossama and his army of plane,it would be too many irrespectfull  so I definitely think you play in the gutters.

: :sleepy:

Maginot Line! What a joke. The Nazis went right around it and invaded France, which surrendered in 2 weeks without much of a fight.

Then France along with the Vichy government proceeded to spend the rest of the war, collaborating with Hitler!

Have you no shame! :(  :unclesam:

I think the on going war it's not more a valid excuse to hate America.. ok they have some responsabilities and made mistakes in their foreign policy but which countries have never sin? I think no one until now..

talking about Switzerland you're reason is probably the most peaceful place but I prefer the countries which involve themselves in the world contest than a country that since it exist it hadn't never take positions on nothing..

Usa is the example of an extraordinary multiculture meeting of black, hispanics, anglosaxons, asian.. and that's one of the most main points which IOC pay attention to..

I consider Switzerland one of the most boring and "frozen" country which is very closed to foreign people and try disperatly to conserve their richness..

to be a peaceful and quiet place it doesn't necessary means that it rapresents the better place to live or to host an olympic game.

17% of the population in Switzerland is foreigner :D

17% of the population in Switzerland is foreigner :D

it depends.. what do you means talking about foreigners?..

french, german, italian?

Jeez people, what did Switzerland ever do to hurt us? Apart from letting Céline Dion represent them at Eurovision one year.

absolutly nothing.. I didn't say that Sw. had hurt anyone.. I've only said it never partecipate to the world policy only for to not hurt itself.. a little coward way to front the world problems..

Irony, Rei. Probably lost on most non-Brits. Just as "The Office" was in the US.

it's a good job that you entertain us with your irresistible Brit irony.. very very very funny..

:cry:

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Enough of the hate chatter on here. We should be talking more about the qualities of the five candidate cities, and of our fellow human beings, not threatening each other when we disagree with another's viewpoint or making derogatory comments about other cultures. That's not what this should be about, and if I'm wrong may I be hit in the head with a sledgehammer.

Boring, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your posts.  But I will address your issues like an intelligetn human being.

#1 - Most hated?  Excuse me.  The wait in the Philippiens for visas to come to the USA is 10 Ten years.  Have you heard of people dying to cross the Mexican-AMericna border; and the traffic is going NORTH, nto south.  And those aren't only Mexicans.  People from China are willing to risk dying in cargo containers just to come to the US.  I certinaly heard of a similar beeline being made for France??  So, don't give me that stupid argument.

#2 - Atlanta Games.  Those were WON FAIR & SQUARE by an enterprising bid committee who did it on their first try -- more than I can say for a certain Continental city playing its 'this is our third try card.  Boo- hoo.   :cry:  

Please, don't give me any more of your tired, stupid, cliche arguments.  (BTW, I do like Paris, and I've left more than enough francs there than I care to remember.  But God forbid I should meet the likes of you, Boring.)   :rolleyes:

Archived