Deepest sympathies to the families of the victims

My sincerest sympathies to all of the victims and to all Londoners affected by this terrible and horrific tragedy. As a New Yorker and being in the City during 9/11, I very well know first hand what it feels like to be attacked defenselessly. Our resolve should not waver and should not deter us from living out normal lives. These cowards will pay soon.

God bless all those who suffered... And God Bless all Londoners

I just want to mention my solidarity with the people of London and express my condolences to those who were effected.

As a Muscovite and a New Yorker, I've been through 9/11 and several Moscow bombings, so I know how you must feel.

Hi Guys

Today has been such a terrible terrible day. I was on the Commercial Road in my car when the first blast occurred. We never heard the news until we reached Tower Bridge and was ordered by the Police to pull over to the side of the road and move away from the buses.

Watching the news unfolding afterwards was dreadful. This is such a sad day. It really hit home when I heard a young lady talk of seeing a paramedic carrying an amputated limb in a bag.

I rang around all of my close friends and relatives like everybody else and luckily everybody was safe. My cousin was ordered off a train at Baker Street and my Uncle was turned away from Stratford Station. I also had a few friends working in the Liverpool Street area who were confined to their offices.

I have utter contempt for the people that carried out these bombings. Londoners will find it tough travelling on the tube for a good time to come but we cannot let them beat us. I did think about having tomorrow off but I am going to go in by tube just to prove a point(if it's running).

Hope all the other Londoners on these boards were as lucky as me. I feel desperately sad that we lost 40 Londoners today. I just keep thinking of their relatives saying goodbye to them in the morning on their way to work...never to return. It is too upsetting.

... glad to see you, BethnalGreen

:)

Thanks CAF!!!  I don't live or work in London though, but live in the north of England in a town called Lancaster.  I am deeply shocked at today's event, but we are all realistic that it could have happened at any time.  My thoughts are with all of London at the moment - I can't even bring myself to post any celebration post about the bid - I'm just numb...  

:down:

It's been a horrible turn of events, made even more poignant for all the euphoria Londoners and Britons experienced just the day before. My sympathies go out to all of Britain.

It's also heartening the camarederie that exists on this board. It demonstrated after the Christmas tsunami when so many of us worried about the state of the south-east Asian posters here and the relief we felt when people like TheOne posted back here. And again now, when I think so many of us, when we heard about the London bombings, thought first about the London posters here _ Mallaka, jimjam, Bethnall, Ripley, Robert Henson ... well, the list goes on.

It's been a horrible turn of events, made even more poignant for all the euphoria Londoners and Britons experienced just the day before. My sympathies go out to all of Britain.

It's also heartening the camarederie that exists on this board. It demonstrated after the Christmas tsunami when so many of us worried about the state of the south-east Asian posters here and the relief we felt when people like TheOne posted back here. And again now, when I think so many of us, when we heard about the London bombings, thought first about the London posters here _ Mallaka, jimjam, Bethnall, Ripley, Robert Henson ... well, the list goes on.

... it was the same with me, Roland,

I spoke on the answer machine of jimjam and he called me back, when he was on his way back home.

He is shocked but he is fine...

Has somebody heared anything about Ripley - but he is living in Bristol - isn´t he?

2_ohlsdorfer_friedhof.jpg

... in one of these...

This picture shows the clock of one of the 13 chapels on the biggest cementary of Hamburg - in one of these should remind the people that we have to die in one of these hours...

In the same hours which makes our lifes livable - like I have already said in another post - we shouldn´t give the terrorist the satisfaction that we stop to live...

... it was the same with me, Roland,

I spoke on the answer machine of jimjam and he called me back, when he was on his way back home.

He is shocked but he is fine...

Has somebody heared anything about Ripley - but he is living in Bristol - isn´t he?

... I´m very glad to see Ripley here on the boards today...

Archived