If the French media can't scrutinise Paris 2012...

The truth is that, despite our wonderful government's best attempts to run it down and the attempts of people to denigrate the people who work in it, the NHS does a good job for the vast majority of the people who use it.

You need to pay to be on our beautiful french motorways because it's companies that manage them (Add: Sanef is now in stock exchange of Paris), so it's not a tax from the gouvernment like what it will happen in UK !

"And Mekky please explain since when was the French vehicle licence system abolished, beacuse last week I saw most cars on the roads had paid for this."

?? sorry, i don't really know what you want to say here...

So, basically, you're saying that unless you pay for your motorways to a private company then you would have no motorways to drive on? Sounds like a private tax to me. How else you you propose to drive long distances through France? This is just semantics! Instead of paying the government you pay a profit making company. I know which system I'd rather have.

I was talking about the fact that every French car owner has to buy a licence for their car. This is paid to the government, yes? As far as a fiscal economist is concerned this is a tax on motoring!

Looks like someone needs to eat their words.

Mekky can't take anyone criticising Paris or France, even if it is justified. He is the first person I will think about if Paris loses. I would love to be a fly on the wall in his home.

It' s shame he always has to be right about everything. Arrogance is such an unattractive character flaw.

Mekky can't take anyone criticising Paris or France, even if it is justified. He is the first person I will think about if Paris loses. I would love to be a fly on the wall in his home.

There is no fly at home, I use special products.

Look, this is the product that I buy by internet :

http://www.teleshopping.fr/sommair....ndexf=0

210214.jpg

It' s shame he always has to be right about everything. Arrogance is such an unattractive character flaw.

It's not arrogance, it's my astrological sign. I am Leo, and I AM ALWAYS RIGHT THAT'S ALL !! ahahah

It's not arrogance, it's my astrological sign. I am Leo, and I AM ALWAYS RIGHT THAT'S ALL !! ahahah

Well, I've heard it all now. That makes it all ok then.

You need to pay to be on our beautiful french motorways because it's companies that manage them (Add: Sanef is now in stock exchange of Paris), so it's not a tax from the gouvernment like what it will happen in UK !

"And Mekky please explain since when was the French vehicle licence system abolished, beacuse last week I saw most cars on the roads had paid for this."

So, basically, you're saying that unless you pay for your motorways to a private company then you would have no motorways to drive on? Sounds like a private tax to me. How else you you propose to drive long distances through France? This is just semantics! Instead of paying the government you pay a profit making company. I know which system I'd rather have.

I was talking about the fact that every French car owner has to buy a licence for their car. This is paid to the government, yes? As far as a fiscal economist is concerned this is a tax on motoring!

TAKE SNCF railway AND ABANDON YOUR STUPID CAR THAT POLLUTE THE WORLD !  :devil:

TAKE SNCF railway AND ABANDON YOUR STUPID CAR THAT POLLUTE THE WORLD !  :devil:

arsehole

And, the health system of France is the best of the world, even english come in France to be operated and so on... Who cares of those english media that try to attack Paris bid... It would be better for them to look how if the railway system of UK and that british will need to pay a tax to be allow to drive... incredible !

===================

Really ? Then when do you die like lemmings as soon as you get a heatwave ?

And, the health system of France is the best of the world, even english come in France to be operated and so on... Who cares of those english media that try to attack Paris bid... It would be better for them to look how if the railway system of UK and that british will need to pay a tax to be allow to drive... incredible !

Which self-appointed professional says that the French health care system is the best in the world. As I recall, it is one of the least efficient in the world, with too many doctors chasing too few patients, and where there is significant unemployment in health care professionals and where insurance premiums are very high.

And Mekky please explain since when was the French vehicle licence system abolished, beacuse last week I saw most cars on the roads had paid for this. The other thing I noticed was that I was charged nearly 70 pounds just to use the motorway for just one journey. I wonder if you even realise that you are being taxed to drive and a pretty regressive way at that.

Vehicle licence was abolished about 10 years ago.

1) French press not ignoring it. Do a Google search.

2) Not a big deal. French standards are high, and even substandard installations are certainly safe. When I see London transport infrastructure, in particular all those fires in the Underground, I certainly have to wonder about UK standards***

One 17 years ago. Oh yes, we have such a problem, don't we? Misinformation is a terrible thing.

Not talking about the deadly Kings Cross or Oxford Circus fires, but small fires on tracks that cause delays.

2) Not a big deal. French standards are high, and even substandard installations are certainly safe. When I see London transport infrastructure, in particular all those fires in the Underground, I certainly have to wonder about UK standards...

How many fires are you talking about?...I can only think of one.

Look lets get real here...London's infratsructure is not great, but there is a lot of money being pumped into it to make it better. France does not have a blemishless record when it comes to public transport....whereas trains in London might break down from time to time....in Paris the drivers regulalry walk out on strike....either way the transport systems are brought to a standstill. So I wouldn't start preaching on any account.

But can you manage to upgrade the system without causing even more problems????

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/content....8%3A053

Some highlights:

**system was plunged into chaos twice in one week.**

**Massive signal failures**

**thousands stranded.**

**rush hour chaos**

**London Underground chiefs have blamed the breakdowns on multimillion-pound maintenance firm Tube Lines.**

**The breakdowns are the latest in a catalogue of problems to hit the Jubilee line.**

**sewage seeped into tunnels**

**it is such a fragile system.**

2) Not a big deal. French standards are high, and even substandard installations are certainly safe. When I see London transport infrastructure, in particular all those fires in the Underground, I certainly have to wonder about UK standards***

One 17 years ago. Oh yes, we have such a problem, don't we? Misinformation is a terrible thing.

Not talking about the deadly Kings Cross or Oxford Circus fires, but small fires on tracks that cause delays.

Maybe if you kept of the tracks when lighting your fires and stuck to the streets were there is more room everything would be ok.

Or you could always try the Salvation Army they might even help you with your medication to stop the hallucinations that you are obviously suffering from.

:rolleyes:

If indeed there is even a modicum of truth to all these fires you are hallucinating about please provide the proof and I will happily eat my words.

I have trawled through London Transports and the London assembly sites including minutes of meetings and can find no reference to all these fires you are harping on about.

===================

It has nothing to do with the health system quality, doctors didn't lose their qualities with this heatwave... I am even sure that if the gouvernment did something before the start of the heatwave, all thing would have been easier, considering how quick all this happened (it was our tsunami), it was too late to answer to the demand, a warning system is really a good solution.

Also, after this heatwave, the life expectancy at birth grew, and stay one of the highest of the world. So, you can wait a long time before I die mister Kev.  :devil:

It has nothing to do with the health system quality, doctors didn't lose their qualities with this heatwave... I am even sure that if the gouvernment did something before the start of the heatwave, all thing would have been easier, considering how quick all this happened (it was our tsunami), it was too late to answer to the demand, a warning system is really a good solution.

Hang on. Isn't this the heatwave that France had at the same time as us?

Cup of tea saved you that's all. Also France make more babies that all Europe, don't laugh too much, next generation of french will come to kick your arse  :D

Cup of tea saved you that's all. Also France make more babies that all Europe, don't laugh too much, next generation of french will come to kick your arse  :D

They'll surrender at the drop of a hat

They'll surrender at the drop of a hat

Did you mean the country or the women? :rolleyes:

Archived