Olympic Logo Competition - Post Them Here!

OK - so here we go!

You can post as many as you want for as many cities as you want - this is the logo posting um, post and it's time to get hogwild crazy - logo style!

It is simple! Pick a city. Design a logo. Post it.

A refresher for the newbies -

Your logo can either be absolutely abstract or one that has significance for your host city. While I’d prefer you didn’t you CAN enter with a previous GamesBids bid competition logo – though it will be frowned upon by us logo loving fools!

With your submission include a brief explanation on what the logo means and how it would symbolise a Games in your city.

You can use any city at all.

I want to see a logo and also that logo integrated into a banner (lets say 20cm by 5cm? 7” by 2”?).

To make it even the logo is for the year 2016 and it is for a summer Games. You CAN use the Olympic Rings.

So go for it guys and gals!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

001smallqy9.jpg

Symbolizes:Here's 5 rays, in almost Technicolor like shades, with a star right in the middle, a common sign that represents the city of Los Angeles. The star is a symbol of dreams with the rays in the back, symbolizing a road to it. Here, the logo conveys the message that there is always a road to your dream, promoting a positive message of striving for them in the games. That nothing is impossible, for anyone to go citius, altius, or fortitus.

[sidenote] Oye. Yes, I know what you're thinking... Chicago 2016 much? Well, if you do compare them side by side, it's vastly different (with the number of rays and star sides to start). ;)

I was going to choose a different city, but LA just stuck through :lol: Maybe I'll do more later.

Here's how it'll go with a banner:

banner1smalluj1.jpg

I would like to introduce you to the Auckland 2016 logo!

auckland1kg2.png

The logo is formed by several elements:

The sixteen light-green rays, which go out from the centre to all directions, represent the year "16" of the new century as well as that the Olympic Games of Auckland would like to be the centre of the world for the time of the Olympics. The colour stands for the South Pacific.

The light-blue Koru emblem stands for new life, growth, strength and peace = therewith for the Olympic Games. The colours stand for the sky.

The black fern is the result of a Koru, which is a new unfurling fern frond, and therewith it stands for the Olympic Champions. The colour stands for the land.

The Southern Cross represents the Southern Hemisphere, which likes to welcome the Northern Hemisphere for the 3rd time.

The silhouette of the two islands, which replace the "L" in Auckland, represent New Zealand, which is proud to welcome the youth of the world in AUCKLAND!

Hehe. I think he was only joking. It's pretty psychedelic, you have to admit! Nothing wrong with that though and it's well thought out in terms of what all the elements mean. I also reckon that'd look pretty good on a t-shirt. A good effort overall. :)

Mo's effort is inspired and just goes to show how influential and indeed flexible London's logo is. It can even be used for OTHER games! :P

jk92's effort is very slick and very American looking. I like the layout of the LA16 text. And the logo works really well on the banner, which is also very slickly done. (It is quite similar to Chicago though).

I might post my Prague one later, but I'm still fiddling about with it...

Hehe. I think he was only joking. It's pretty psychedelic, you have to admit! Nothing wrong with that though and it's well thought out in terms of what all the elements mean. I also reckon that'd look pretty good on a t-shirt. A good effort overall. :)

thanks

:)

well, maybe it is a little bit psychedelic

The concept behind my logo for Athens is that it depicts ancient greece birthplace of the games, ancient architecture and the sea, the logo is colourful and bright to reflect the colourful culture of Greece. My banner has the logo and aslo reflects a modern depiction of an ancient greek marble floor design. A bright, colourful and simple context for the games.

PRAGUE 2016

Logo

The flag of the Czech Republic has been turned on its side and is morphed so as to become part of an image of Prague's Vltava River with its famous bridges. The image itself has been placed inside a gold-ring, representing both the gold medals of the Olympic Games and Prague itself; which is nicknamed "The Golden City".

pragueir6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Banner

"The Golden City Games" becomes the slogan used on the banner. The city's skyline is shown under a golden sun and the shapes used within the logo become a subtle part of the branding; a kind of matrix which, when placed above any image, relates it directly to Prague 2016. The colours used are bright and contrast with the logo's colours as well as matching those of the Olympic rings.

praguebannerfo6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Rob: Thanks for the kind words! I love your crystal/gem like quality of your logo. It makes it very appealing and modern. :]

CAF: Indeed! Everyone has such creative logos.

Hope to see more come this week. ^_^

Rob: Thanks for the kind words! I love your crystal/gem like quality of your logo. It makes it very appealing and modern. :]

CAF: Indeed! Everyone has such creative logos.

Hope to see more come this week. ^_^

Thanks jk92. B)

Hopefully we'll see the logos for Pittsburgh, Leipzig, Pyongyang, Roltelopolis (?), Santiago and Budapest that were suggested in the initial thread.

We've got some nifty looking logos already though; but the more the merrier!

:D

Here's my logo:

Pittsburgh_2016_Logo_1_by_DocSteel.jpg

A little context: The design itself is supposed to reflect Pittsburgh from overhead.

pittsburghgd2.jpg

The left "person" is the North Shore, the center is Downtown (Golden Triangle), and the right is the South Side. The negative space between the figures shows the three rivers.

Blue represents water, the lifeblood of the city. Gold represents the natural riches that brought millions to the city. And green represents energy efficiency: the goal of both Pittsburgh and future Summer Olympics.

I'll post my banner when its done.

Archived