Your Predictions

Can you believe there are only 15 days to go?!?!

OK, so let's make some final predictions and measure them after the July 6 announcement...

1 - First city to drop off the ballot?

2 - Number of rounds needed to pick a winner? (not including run off ties for last place).

3 - Complete Jacques Rogge's sentence - "The Games of the XXX Olympiad in 2012 are awarded to the city of...? ? ?"

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea _ it's coming down to the serious part of the campaign now, so it's aabout time to start doin this.

Anyway, my predictions are:

1: Moscow

2: Four rounds

3: And the winner is ... London!

While sort of on the topic, I've been trying to rack my mind about how we could do some sort of sweep on the result _ something random like Mallaka did for the horse races or for Eurovision. Any ideas? (pick the city and winning vote number? pick the cities in order of elimination? etc etc)

While sort of on the topic, I've been trying to rack my mind about how we could do some sort of sweep on the result _ something random like Mallaka did for the horse races or for Eurovision. Any ideas? (pick the city and winning vote number? pick the cities in order of elimination? etc etc)

I was thinking that too, but there are just too many variables to consider.  It could be won on one ballot, or go to four.  There could be a tie for last place on each ballot or there could be none.  We don't know how many IOC members will actually end up voting because that will change with each round as cities are dropped.

That's why I came up with this simple list because we know that someone's going to win, someone's going to come in dead last and there will be X number of rounds.

1. Madrid

2. 5 ballots (Moscow and Madrid will have the same votes in the first round  :help: )

3. The city that will have the honour and the priviledge to host the Olympic Games of the year 2012 is Athens .... eee Paris.

1- Mockba

2- 4

3- Rogge takes a little white paper and says "The Games of the XXX Olympiad in 2012 will go to the city of..." He returns it to the camera, camera approaches slowly and he says PARIS, Paris delegation becomes crazy, people on townhall square either, and that's it...  :D

1. Moscow

2. 4 Rounds

3. Paris

Round 1 Moscow Out

Round 2 Madrid Out

NYC/London/Paris face off

Round 3 Paris win

Possible. But I doubt Paris could take the majority votes they need, in that scenario. A fourth round is needed.

I think Paris will get in a "kill" much earlier than people think. In my scenario the Madrid vote would go almost entirely to Paris....incl the south american vote. In the third round the NYC vote will be tiny and London will miss out by a small margin...but the result will be fairly solid in favour of Paris.

I'm resigned to a Paris victory....but will support London till the end and cling on to a small crumb of hope.  :help:

If NYC goes out in the second round then i think London will be in with a better chance and it will go four rounds....but even with the stadium fiasco I don't think madird will go before NYC.

1. Moscow

2. 4 Rounds

3. Paris

Round 1 Moscow Out

Round 2 Madrid Out

NYC/London/Paris face off

Round 3 Paris win

Possible. But I doubt Paris could take the majority votes they need, in that scenario. A fourth round is needed.

I think Paris will get in a "kill" much earlier than people think. In my scenario the Madrid vote would go almost entirely to Paris....incl the south american vote. In the third round the NYC vote will be tiny and London will miss out by a small margin...but the result will be fairly solid in favour of Paris.

I'm resigned to a Paris victory....but will support London till the end and cling on to a small crumb of hope.  :help:

If NYC goes out in the second round then i think London will be in with a better chance and it will go four rounds....but even with the stadium fiasco I don't think madird will go before NYC.

1. Moscow

2. 4 rounds

3. New York

Ripley, If Madrid wants to bid for 2016, I'm not sure that the supporters would all vote for Paris.

Round 1-Moscow eliminated

Round 2- Madrid eliminated

Round 3-NYC or London eliminated

Round 4-Paris (wins) (Although I am hoping NYC)

I do think it will go to far rounds like this, because I am uncertain if Paris could get a majority with both London and NYC in the same round

Archived