Friendly - Germany Vs. England

Olympian2004,

who is this "short" German player? First I thought that one of the ball boys stood in the wrong row...

A short player? Did he look like this?

246082_1_emkader_trochowski.jpg

Then it was Piotr Trochowski.

England is pretty dominant so far, isn't it? And Germany plays as nervously as always against such very well-organised opponents.

That's a very disappointing midfield on the German side while the English team is very concentrated and commits almost no mistakes (of course apart from that outrageous foul by Wright-Phillips, for which he should have been sent off). An absolutely deserved lead. I can only hope for a miracle -- the German team has to improve enormously in the second half.

A short player? Did he look like this?

246082_1_emkader_trochowski.jpg

Then it was Piotr Trochowski.

England is pretty dominant so far, isn't it? And Germany plays as nervously as always against such very well-organised opponents.

I meant Trochowski...

Yes - the English team plays much better than the German team...

The goal for Germany was a huge fault by the goalkeeper and this other player

If this match had taken place in Hamburg the audience would have booed about this performance of the German team...

The sad thing is: Any audience in any German city would have booed and jeered -- just like the Berliners did right now. I hate those booers -- one can be disappointed about such a match, but booing one's own team is just despicable.

Anyway, congratulations to England. Maybe it's simply compensation for the German 2-1 in Wembley.

Archived