• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in their virtual waiting room

waiting, waiting an waiting

maybe for nothing

:angry::angry::angry:

Did you suceed in getting through? I just tried to log in, out of curiosity, and it said the Priority Access Period is now closed.

Hopefully some more tickets become available in the summer when final venue configuration is known.

Indeed, the press release does seem to say that there will be a Phase 2. I wonder just how many tickets they have left

Did you suceed in getting through? I just tried to log in, out of curiosity, and it said the Priority Access Period is now closed.

(The only tickets I wanted was for some Medal Ceremony at 22$ and maybe one more hockey game)

Here's my day today :

Since we have limited access to internet at my job and all sports related website are block, I decided to take a day off.

11h55 (Montreal time, and 8h55 Vancouver time) : Login to vancouver2010 website

11h58 to maybe 10 seconds pass 12h00 : constantly trying to acces the ticketing site using the refresh button (maybe push more than one hundred times)

12h00 and 10 seconds : I am in the virtual waiting room

12h04 : exit the virtual waiting room and now ready to place my order. WOW :huh:

I selected the tickets I wanted, for a total of 348$. Ready to exit I push the checkout button to finalized, waited and then : GENERAL ERROR

Tried to go back and retry, I now have the message that my 5 minutes allowed are finish and my order is now deleted, having to start again.

Go back from scratch and selected again one by one every tickets I wanted and go up to the checkout button to again received the message GENERAL ERROR

Again the 5 minutes expired, having to repeat everything one other time.

Guess what : again the message GENERAL ERROR after pressing the checkout button but with the difference this time that I returned after immediatelly in the virtual waiting room

From around 12h30 to 14h30 : waiting in the virtual waiting room

14h30 : decided to exit the virtual waiting room, log off of the vancouver2010 and try to login again

14h30 to 20h00 : waiting in the virtual waiting room

20h00 : decided again to exit the virtual room to login again but when I try to login, I got the message that it's now closed.

:angry::angry:

8 hours of waisting time and also one day of vacation sacrified for absolutelly nothing.

I'm impressed -- and a bit surprised -- that ticket sales apparently went so well here. From an economic standpoint, they are selling tickets at the worst possible time. If there's anything discretionary, it's buying overpriced (IMHO) Olympic tickets.

Of course, when it comes to Olympic tickets, sales are not transparent and often not what they appear to be. Like all those "sold out" venues in Beijing that were only 25% full. So it's hard to REALLY know what demand was like.

I still think "last minute" attendees will likely do fine because people will want to unload their high priced tickets and (logic would say) corporate sponsors will be cutting back on their actual comp lists.

We'll see.

What alpine skiing tickets did you get?

AS002, AS004, AS006

Unfortunelly I didn't get AS008

I wrote unfortunelly, because I got Bobsleigh Final on the same day, and I don't want to make the 2.5 + 2.5 hours travel to Whistler for only one event. If I don't get AS008, I will get rid of my Bobsleigh ticket.

The day I got AS002, AS004 and AS006, I also got the slide event later on the same day.

When I make a recap of the tickets I got :

I can't understand that I got nothing for Short Track and almost everything for Long Track, considering the seating capacities of the two venues (maybe 16,000 or 18,000 for Short Track and maybe 4,000 to 5,000 for Long Track. Also considering the succes Canadian Long Track skaters got at Torino (except the one who choked, J.W. :P )

I will have a difficult choice to make a specific night. Having the ticket for the Women's Hockey Gold Medal match and having the Freestyle Men's Aerial Final in the same time. Hard to be at two place in the same time.

I will have the same problem the 14 and the 15, having to choose to be at Cypress Moutain or Richmond Oval in both cases.

Baron, I will try to fix that later

Hi, new to the forum. Chateau, you seemed to have gotten quite loaded up on tickets. Enjoy! Personally, i prefer to have only one event per day and some days off. I don't want to miss some of the non-sport fun that accompanies the olympics. I think I'll get some skiing in at Blackcomb and i hope some of whistler is open. You can usually ski down beside the WC run at Lake Louise during WC events. Although its probably not accessible during the Olympics. I've got about 11 events in 16 days, so its nicely spread out and you can always trade tickets at the last minute at most games.

Hi, new to the forum. Chateau, you seemed to have gotten quite loaded up on tickets. Enjoy! Personally, i prefer to have only one event per day and some days off. I don't want to miss some of the non-sport fun that accompanies the olympics. I think I'll get some skiing in at Blackcomb and i hope some of whistler is open. You can usually ski down beside the WC run at Lake Louise during WC events. Although its probably not accessible during the Olympics. I've got about 11 events in 16 days, so its nicely spread out and you can always trade tickets at the last minute at most games.

That was sort of my plan, apply for 2 tickets a day and hope to get 1 so I am not over burdened. But I only got 1 ticket.

That was sort of my plan, apply for 2 tickets a day and hope to get 1 so I am not over burdened. But I only got 1 ticket.

We will have to see how things pan out but my experience in Sydney was that tickets were very easy to come by at the last minute in trades or buys at the venue(at face or below), with the exception of swimming. My guess would be that Canada's hockey games will be tough but others should be obtainable.

My guess would be that Canada's hockey games will be tough but others should be obtainable.

Every games involving Sweden, Finland, Canada, USA, Russia and Czech Republic will be very very hard to find.

Not only Canada ones.

Can you imagine how many people in Vancouver will want to see their local Canucks heroes, brothers Sedin in the Sweden uniform.

As a guy from Montreal, yes I want to see Koivu for Finland, Kovalev for Russia (not sure about this one with is success this season), etc...

What about seing Malkin, Oveshkin and Kowalchuk on the ice in the same time for Russia.

Since the Nagano games with the NHL players, the game is not the same.

That's the reason why I asked and obtained so many games in the preliminary round.

LOL Good points, we will have to see how it plays outs. Well I'm from Calgary, not a big fan of the Sedins and we don't have any European players(other then Kiprusoff). I'd prefer to see Kiprusoff not play for Finland, he probably won't as he is having only an average season. As for the other internationals, I prefer to see them in the NHL rather then on their national teams.

Cost of living is very high in Vancouver and the tickets are very expensive compared to even the Canucks games. The WJC did well in Vancouver in 2006 but the tickets were much cheaper for that event. As to the Sedins, are there any Vancouverites out there who can comment? would you prefer seeing the Sedins in Swedish uniforms or as Canucks?

• 3 weeks later...

I put in a large request, alongside 2 others with friends. I treated the highest profile events (hockey and curling gold, for example) as lottery tickets--and the odds proved to be equally poor. Ah well.

City OEP 8 (prelim women's curling, men's hockey, 1 Victory ceremony, women's aerials qualification). Got 12 across our 3 requests!

Ladies Aerial final: 2

Men's 2 man bobsleigh runs 1 & 2: 4

Short track big day (men's 500m, women's 1000m, men's 5000m relay finals!) 4

Didn't go for much in Whistler: dont' want the hateful experience of bussing up at 6am from Vancouver and back home for 6 or 7pm.

Does anyone outside Canada already have some tickets?

I know this week Cosport is going to announce the ticket requesters what kind of tickets they have.

In Germany Dertour also already started their sellings. Don't know how fast they are.

• 5 weeks later...