Lotteries For 120 Of 170 Events: Ticket Requests Outstrip Supply

mr.x

I requested

AS001 - Man's Downhill (1%)

ST001 - Man's 1500m (One of Canada's strongest events and a possible sweep) (5%)

SS002 - Woman's 3000m (0.1%)

BT002 - Man's 10km Spring (100%, but is an alternate)

FR002 - Man's Moguls (I think I got this one)

SS003 - Man's 500m (0.5%)

AS003 - Man's Super Combined (20%)

SS005 - Man's 1000m (10%)

CC002 - Sprints (90%, is an alternate)

ST002 - Woman's 500m (5%)

BT004 - Woman's 15km and Man's 20km (100%)

I think the ones I have gotten so far at the FR002 and the BT004. I will see what else I get, if anything.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/\ /\ Is that the new designation for 2010 -- singular? "Man's" , "Woman's" (sounds very sexist to me).

Just called Cosport -- and actually got a live person. US buyers should know sometime after Dec 16 he said. And notifications will appear both via email AND on your Visa bill if you are lucky.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I just got off the phone from VISA. My success rate was only 20%. Total application was $4600 ... charge to my VISA was $909.

There is still a chance that one of my friends who put in an application on my behalf got something.

At least I will be going to something ... but it seems that I will be watching most events on TV like the rest of you!

No email receive from Vancouver yet

I just called them and they told me that they will send our results after midnight (BC time, so 3 hours later in Montreal)

So far, I can precisely determine my result for my two smaller orders :

Alpine Ski (ordered 4 , got 1)

Biathlon (ordered 1 , got 0)

Bobsleigh (ordered 1 , got 1)

Figure Skating (ordered 1 , got 0)

Hockey preliminary round (ordered 3 , got 0)

Hockey medals round (ordered 3 , got 0)

Luge (ordered 1 , got 0)

Short Track Speed Skating (ordered 3 , got 0)

Long Track Speed Skating (ordered 4 , got 2)

For a total of 414$

For my three big orders, they allready confirm me that I will get for more than 7,000$ but I have to wait their email to find out wich events I got

I absolutely cannot believe biathlon and cross-country skiing went to Lottery. That is unbelievable.

Those two tickets were part of a package.

I'm sure if asked individually ; they are available without lottery

Still no email received from Vancouver :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I just got off the phone from VISA. My success rate was only 20%. Total application was $4600 ... charge to my VISA was $909.

There is still a chance that one of my friends who put in an application on my behalf got something.

At least I will be going to something ... but it seems that I will be watching most events on TV like the rest of you!

I guess the silver lining is that you can get a great TV with the money you would have spent...

Still no e-mail for me yet either, but not expecting too much based on what I've read here.

Not sure the TV argument will work either, but I'll try...

My email said that during the Priority Access Period (Dec 12-22) the following events will be available for sale. That's a pretty short list. Could that be the only ticks that they have left?

Also interesting that they are now going to offer Vancouver Victory ceremonies. I wonder what they mean by "limited availability"

Sports

o Ice hockey: Various preliminary men's and women's sessions

o Curling: Various preliminary men's and women's sessions

o February 12: Ski Jumping - Men's Normal Hill Individual Qualification (SJ001)

o February 16: Luge - Women's Singles - Runs 3 and 4 (Final) (LG004)

o February 23: Freestyle Skiing - Ladies' Ski Cross Qualification/Final (FR006)

o February 23: Nordic Combined - Large Hill Team/Men's Team Relay (NC002)

o February 23: Bobsleigh - Women's - Runs 1 and 2 (Qualification) (BS003)

o February 26: Snowboard - Ladies' Parallel Giant Slalom Qualification/Final (SB005)

o February 27: Cross-Country Skiing - Ladies' 30 km Mass Start (CC008)

o February 28: Cross-Country Skiing - Men's 50 km Mass Start (CC009)

Ceremonies

o Vancouver Victory Ceremonies - limited availability for all 12 nights

Back home

Here's my results summary (under my five orders) :

Alpine Ski (ordered 12 , got 5)

Biathlon (ordered 2 , got 0)

Bobsleigh (ordered 5 , got 4, been downgraded category two times)

Cross Country Ski (ordered 2 , got 0)

Curling (ordered 1 , got 1)

Figure Skating (ordered 14 , got 2)

Free Style Ski (ordered 6 , got 4)

Hockey (ordered 47 , got 32)

Luge (ordered 6 , got 4, been downgraded category two times)

Short Track Speed Skating (ordered 6 , got 0)

Snowboard (ordered 6 , got 6)

Long Track Speed Skating (ordered 18 , got 7)

The big deception : No Short Track Speed Skating

I am pissed off beyond belief. How did biathlon go to lottery. I am so, so focking pissed. I wanted to see 2 athletes, Ole Einar Bjoerndalen and Axel Lund Svindel, I get to see neither.

I got SS005 Men's 1000m Speed Skating.

Vancouver's lose is Seattle and Portland's gain.

I got 5 events, out of 18 requested.

1 prelim Women's Hockey

2 prelim Men's Hockey

1 prelim Men's Curling

1 2 man bobsleigh - guess this was my only lottery win.

I bet tomorrow's sale ends quickly. Looking forward to seeing VANOC's reselling site...

:angry:

Isn't this process great ! I ordered over $3000.00 in tickets and I got a big fat rock!! Now, that I am trying to go and buy any events left in Vancouver the friggin website crashes! I was ready at 8:45 this morning, and at 9 I was in this stupid virtual waiting room for only 2 minutes, and at 9:02 I was able to log in and start selecting my tickets, when all of a sudden their friggin website crashes, couldn't even access the site for the next 5 minutes, and then afte that they put me in the glorious waiting room again, where I have been for the last 45 minutes!!!

I logged on to the site right at 9am ... I have been sitting in the Virtual Waiting room ever since ... over an hour now! The demand for tickets still seems to very extremely high!!!

The one good thing about this high demand ... the 2010 Olympics is already a success ticket wise. The stands are going to be packed for most events.

I am beginning to realize that I was extremely lucky to get the tickets that I got! I am hearing more and more about people who get nothing or maybe 1 event.

I logged on to the site right at 9am ... I have been sitting in the Virtual Waiting room ever since ... over an hour now! The demand for tickets still seems to very extremely high!!!

The one good thing about this high demand ... the 2010 Olympics is already a success ticket wise. The stands are going to be packed for most events.

I am beginning to realize that I was extremely lucky to get the tickets that I got! I am hearing more and more about people who get nothing or maybe 1 event.

I certainly hope the stands will be packed, but we'll see once the seats are assigned and we find out exactly who will be playing and competing on those dates!

:angry:

Isn't this process great ! I ordered over $3000.00 in tickets and I got a big fat rock!! Now, that I am trying to go and buy any events left in Vancouver the friggin website crashes! I was ready at 8:45 this morning, and at 9 I was in this stupid virtual waiting room for only 2 minutes, and at 9:02 I was able to log in and start selecting my tickets, when all of a sudden their friggin website crashes, couldn't even access the site for the next 5 minutes, and then afte that they put me in the glorious waiting room again, where I have been for the last 45 minutes!!!

How do you know it's the sites fault and not your browser and/or your machine?