Bayern München And Landon Donovan (football-player From The Usa)?

Landon Donovan, US-soccer player, is in Munich and will participate at training sessions of Bayern München, since the American Major League Soccer has a break until March 2009.

75_316151_06Donovan.jpg

Jürgen Klinsmann, the coach of Bayern München, knows Landon Donovan from his time by L.A. Galaxy

donovan_fcb_111108_01.jpg

donovan_fcb_111108_09.jpg

In some German media it is suggested, that Donovan could substitute Podolski...

He has suggested in the past he doesn't want to leave the US, his comfort zone, and push himself in the top leagues. He's only recently changed his mind on that; but you have to wonder why the best footballer in the US had that attitude in the first place.

He has suggested in the past he doesn't want to leave the US, his comfort zone, and push himself in the top leagues. He's only recently changed his mind on that; but you have to wonder why the best footballer in the US had that attitude in the first place.

Sorry - would you mind to explain that a little bit - I am not sure if I understand you...

Do you mean that you wonder why he changed his mind or why he wanted to stay in the USA?

Sorry - would you mind to explain that a little bit - I am not sure if I understand you...

Do you mean that you wonder why he changed his mind or why he wanted to stay in the USA?

He meant why he wanted to stay in the US.

He played in Germany from 1999 to 2001 and than 2004 to 2005. He didn't like it and preferred to head back to the States. Home is where the heart is and you can't fault someone for wanting to live where they are from close to family and friends.

But a lot of significant European experts believe that Donovan was an ungrateful child in his two brief stints with Bayer Leverkusen with the thinking as an American who had the most marketable, needs to make a significant impact in the top European soccer leagues if Americans want to have a bonafide global soccer superstar and be a force to be reckoned with (never mind the scores of Americans already playing in Europe). After all, the balance of power in world soccer still rests heavily in Europe.

I don't blame him for wanting to return home in those two times either.

Well, that's a very interesting development....

David Pleat was suggesting Podolski could be on his way to England in January during last night's match. This news only makes that more likely.

Any reason Jurgen doesn't rate him? And is there any chance he could do his former club a favour by selling him at a knockdown price? :D

Well, that's a very interesting development....

David Pleat was suggesting Podolski could be on his way to England in January during last night's match. This news only makes that more likely.

Any reason Jurgen doesn't rate him? And is there any chance he could do his former club a favour by selling him at a knockdown price? :D

I think Hoeness is responsible for such transfers - he is a stone-cold manager...

Archived