A world record of affluence for the Paris meeting

Aaaah, Rent-A-Crowd has transferred itself to Paris...

Surprising that. The last time I was at a Paris meet, I needed to shout a long distance to talk to the person next to me...

Funny how many people will turn up to an event if the price is right  :P

Are we talking about tonight's Golden League meeting? If so, I've heard nearer 74,000.

I presume ticket prices must have been at least a bit on the low side.

No, this meeting is a preparation for the Golden League meeting.

70 000 people for a preparation... can you believe it ?...

What the hell are u talking about dude ??? are u on drugs or  what ???

it is NOT a preparation to the Golden league, it is one of the event of the Golden league...

how can't you understand this damn simple fact ????

What the hell are u talking about dude ??? are u on drugs or  what ???

it is NOT a preparation to the Golden league, it is one of the event of the Golden league...

how can't you understand this damn simple fact ????

Because 70 000 people is not enough for finals !

Aaaah, Rent-A-Crowd has transferred itself to Paris...

Surprising that. The last time I was at a Paris meet, I needed to shout a long distance to talk to the person next to me...

Funny how many people will turn up to an event if the price is right  :P

Petty, petty. To prove they are wonderful, London 2012 will be charging 1000£ for tickets.

Mekky, your knowledge of athletics, despite your unwavering support for an Olympic bid in Paris, is no less than what I expected from you. It was a Golden League meeting, pure and simple. Trust us, we're not trying to blind you on this. It just wasn't the final.

Results from Golden League Meeting in Paris

Mekky, your knowledge of athletics, despite your unwavering support for an Olympic bid in Paris, is no less than what I expected from you. It was a Golden League meeting, pure and simple. Trust us, we're not trying to blind you on this. It just wasn't the final.

Results from Golden League Meeting in Paris

Thanks to promote Paris Mercator  :P  We wait London to have the same and the same attenance  :P

The Stade de France throbbed to the sound of a heartbeat here last night as Paris staged its final flourish before the vote to decide which city will stage the 2012 Olympics.

The organisers of the opening IAAF Golden League event had hoped that the stadium would be filled with 75,000 voices singing the praises of their city's bid.

They almost managed it. With around 20,000 tickets given to underpriviliged children from across France, the crowd was boosted to 74,000, a world record for a Golden League meeting. Dressed in the colours of the Paris bid, the crowd watched skydivers come out of the slate-grey clouds to hit their target of the giant 2012 logo in the centre of the infield.

Link

The Stade de France throbbed to the sound of a heartbeat here last night as Paris staged its final flourish before the vote to decide which city will stage the 2012 Olympics.

The organisers of the opening IAAF Golden League event had hoped that the stadium would be filled with 75,000 voices singing the praises of their city's bid.

They almost managed it. With around 20,000 tickets given to underpriviliged children from across France, the crowd was boosted to 74,000, a world record for a Golden League meeting. Dressed in the colours of the Paris bid, the crowd watched skydivers come out of the slate-grey clouds to hit their target of the giant 2012 logo in the centre of the infield.

Link

They almost managed it. With around 20,000 tickets given to underpriviliged children from across France

A completely selfless gesture of course.

Of course, nothing to do with seeking attention while bigger things are taking place in Almería (Med Games) and London (Live 8 and Wimbledon).

Of course, nothing to do with seeking attention while bigger things are taking place in Almería (Med Games) and London (Live 8 and Wimbledon).

There is Live 8 in Paris too... In fact so much events here that outside  :P  

"A completely selfless gesture of course."

Of course !!! those poor children... :sniffle: Paris 2012 said "we want popular games" ... we do it  :D

[

humm

Le Tour de France is the third most mediatic sporting event in the world after the OG and the world cup of soccer

humm

Le Tour de France is the third most mediatic sporting event in the world after the OG and the world cup of soccer

Not today... a couple of billion people are watching Live 8. Put on your TV!

humm

Not today... a couple of billion people are watching Live 8. Put on your TV!

pearhaps

but Live 8 is in several contries including france , thats not an english event.

I know, of course not, I don't want to be so sycophantic as to suggest that - it would be very cold of me to use that to glorify anything, but I just want to put things into perspective. Nothing more  :)

Link

Even if you retire 20000 tickets it is a world record of affluence,so it doesn't change a lot.

Paris Saint Denis is the greatest meeting in Athletism before Brussels and Zurich

Link

Even if you retire 20000 tickets it is a world record of affluence,so it doesn't change a lot.

Paris Saint Denis is the greatest meeting in Athletism before Brussels and Zurich

Fair enough. But please don't accuse me of being "completely wrong" when it turns out I'm "completely right".

:cool:

Well done to Paris...now it's somebody elses' turn to shine.

Archived