LONDON - UNFAIR PLAY GETTING WORSE EVERY DAY

Well, if something is unfair... then it is the London lobby thing!

So disgraceful to watch their acting.

1. The 3-sided attack against Paris (London, Madrid, New York)

2. Stories about Stade de France, even if the rule is that a candidate city is forbidden to criticize other bid cities.

3. All the bullshit of Paris and France from the british newspaper and even from Mr and Mrs Blair.

This only shows how desperate Londoners are. It is very low and disgusting. Paris has taken a fair play and discret role in this competition, which has astonished London. In their opinion Paris has given up. Do Brits really think that you have to be too outspoken by saying deplorable things about others and trying to manage by making whatever you want.

The Parisian delegation has never said something terrible about the other cities and the same concerns the french newspapers. They just discribes the situation as a heavy competition. In Britain on the other hand, the newspapers have really made fun about Paris and France, even Cheri Blair said in the Guardian that Paris is a cultural desert etc...

In every competition there are some parts acting like this, and it's mournful. When they don't have any other possibilities.

I really hope Paris wins, then the justice has been made. And the fact is that Paris has been and is the favourite. They have the most compact and evaluated bid book, even the evaluation report has noted that. So if London wins, we all know why. It's also a very bad taste-tactic to win with that kind of action.

About the Chirac-Shroeder-Putin discussion. That has nothing to do with the Olympics. It has been almost shown that it was a junk story. But, is a nice try to spoil again something for France. In fact, they were alone, so it is impossible that the sick journalists had heard something like that. One rumour says, that it was the Russian security guardians who made up the sory. And remember, Russia is also in the competition with Moscow. But again, that has nothing to do with the Olympics, and I think the IOC members know better if Stade de France is capable or not, it's not your or Londoners job to decide that. Besides, it's weird, because on friday the 1st of July Stade de France made the world record, by welcoming the biggest audience ever in the sport history. Several sportsmen said that the event was one of the best ever!

But go ahead, make what ever you want, even if the price is too high... I wont do that, at least I have my proud and my consciouness

:unclesam:

YAWN! This has been discussed to death. Why do we need four threads discussing an issue about which Rogge has already said "The fact I said nothing is a sign that nobody has gone over the line."

This only shows how desperate Londoners are. It is very low and disgusting.
Erm it was an Australian who said this.

The people who said this were peripheral and were not under contract to London 2012 although it was, unfortunately, at a London 2012 press conference. A journalist asked one of the stadium designers what they thought of the Stade de France and he answered. He did not go out of his way to make these comments to harm Paris.

About the Chirac-Shroeder-Putin discussion. That has nothing to do with the Olympics. It has been almost shown that it was a junk story. But, is a nice try to spoil again something for France

Another one who missed the point! It was an ironic joke. I wasn't taking it at all seriously and certainly wasn't trying to damage France. The reason I posted it was to show how one ridiculous comment shouldn't be taken seriously and shouldn't affect years of hard work. I was joking when I said Paris should be reprimanded for this!!

I really hope Paris wins, then the justice has been made. And the fact is that Paris has been and is the favourite. They have the most compact and evaluated bid book, even the evaluation report has noted that. So if London wins, we all know why.

You're making excuses already? How sad.

¿Paris vs London? = Madrid wins

Madrid is the Cinderella and... we are here, maybe wins Paris but i dont think that it means the justice has been made.

Paris has got a good bid but isnt the best, if wins is because has a great lobby and because it lost the last two times.

Why Paris want to host the Olympic Games in three times?

How many cities are in France? Only Paris?

Good Luck London, Moscow, New York, Paris and Madrid  !!

Well the Paris bid can Bore off! - it's the London bid that's doing all the running, and Paris just sitting back and resting on their laurels will come back to haunt them when Rogge announces London as the 2012 Olympic Games Host City.

You see, many, many ways to look at these things.  :wink:

Let's just agree with the sensible neutrals shall we.

IT'S TOO F****** CLOSE TO CALL!!!!

Now Bore Off!!!  dixi-less.

I don´t see Madrid attacked Paris in any way. Actually, after Madrid, I think spanish people tend to support Paris as a second option because of cultural and geographical proximity. Actually I think we don´t get that support back from France.

I don´t see Madrid attacked Paris in any way. Actually, after Madrid, I think spanish people tend to support Paris as a second option because of cultural and geographical proximity. Actually I think we don´t get that support back from France.

The second choice for French people is Madrid.

The people who said this were peripheral and were not under contract to London 2012 although... it was, unfortunately, at a London 2012 press conference . A journalist asked one of the stadium designers what they thought of the Stade de France and he answered. He did not go out of his way to make these comments to harm Paris

Look at the bold marked letters above....

Exactly that's the point, dear Robert, exactly that.

It's ridiculous to say that this 2 Australians are not employed by or members of the London-Bid.

If they have said what they have said, it has happened during an official London-2012-bid-event.....

Means....WITH APPROVAL !!!...

The rest.....Are cheap excuses !!...(or so it seems to me at least)

Regards,

The second choice for French people is Madrid.

Nice to know then  :;):

Boring. You French supporters go round in circles. Focus on your own bid, and let London and Madrid do as they want. The French know they are starting to wobble.

I thinks it`s between london and madrid now. Paris is losing support.

It is exactly what we are doing. Don't be so nervous !

If only Monsieur Chirac could be so humble.

Let's remind everybody why Chirac is the President.

His opponent in the last presidential election run-off was Jean-Marie le Pen, a virtual Nazi. And nearly five million people had voted for Le Pen in the first round, while there were still a dozen other candidates. Despite the run-off landslide, remember that Le Pen actually increased his vote. That remains to me incredibly disturbing, even 3 years on.

If only Monsieur Chirac could be so humble.

Let's remind everybody why Chirac is the President.

His opponent in the last presidential election run-off was Jean-Marie le Pen, a virtual Nazi. And nearly five million people had voted for Le Pen in the first round, while there were still a dozen other candidates. Despite the run-off landslide, remember that Le Pen actually increased his vote. That remains to me incredibly disturbing, even 3 years on.

As much as I dislike the soon to be  ex-French-president, this thread isn't really the right one to discuss his past re-election.

I agree with Hilnur, the Paris bid team have been quite humble. They can afford to be, as they haven't needed to promote their bid as much as the first time bidders so can keep quiet and do their own thing. They've been very careful, almost too careful, not to put a foot wrong and we'll see on Wednesday whether or not this attempted low profile and attempted modesty has helped or hindered their cause.

Of course it is obvious to everyone London has done the opposite and this has raised the bid's profile and shown the world what we're about. London, unlike Paris was not in a position to keep quiet and out of the way during this process.

Both bids have done what they needed to, and that why, rightly or wrongly, they are percieved by many as the two front runners.

Well, i think its ok and enough (in my opnion) about the SdF Stadium.

I think its best to let the member judge it, they have to know if its going against their own rules.

I just hope our bid, Madrid 2012 keeps being fair and "clean".

Even if we loose or win.

regards to all who gave best in this race, between big cities.

Madrid is the Cinderella and... we are here, maybe wins Paris but i dont think that it means the justice has been made.

Paris has got a good bid but isnt the best, if wins is because has a great lobby and because it lost the last two times.

Barcelona is more beautiful that Madrid, even Sevilla... so "cindirella" is abusive name to talk about Madrid... Or you meant Madrid is beautiful only few hours in night  :D

Barcelona is more beautiful that Madrid, even Sevilla... so "cindirella" is abusive name to talk about Madrid... Or you meant Madrid is beautiful only few hours in night  :D

I never visited Madrid but it looks like a nice city.

And Juanmatury. i know why you say Madrid 2012 is the cinderella of this 3 bidder or maybe you meant of all.

But Madrid´s bid isnt by far the Cinderella in this race.

Maybe we was before the short list. After it we was placed by IOC 2nd.

And later on the Comission started with the words "high level presentation" andnot "very high level presentation".

What does presentation means?

Spanish press started to read the report ... maybe only the few words of the summary, but without having reed the whole report, is you go and read the whole one you will find very important words and phrases, which made after some weeks foreign press like CNN say things like: "the most compact bid of all cities"

Why? I think there is a passage that only Madrid has in this report and what makes my think about our chances.

""Overall", Olympic plans are well integrated into the "long-term" development of the city"

What does this little phrase mean?

Well, Madrid as a city is in continous development as we all know and its not a plan started 2003 to win the bid.

It also means that the Comission did their job well und has look very deep in all proposses.

Its a long term developement ---> to make a plan that includes not only 83% of the venues already done or started and 90% of the project will be done, doesnt matter if Madrid host the games or not.

If Madrid host the games all venues will be build and "recycled" after the games.

That doesnt mean we have a strong ecological bid. That is more the opinion of Greenpeace that are backing Madrid 2012 to be the holder of the games.

That means Madrid 2012 will have NO TEMPORARY VENUES.

NO TEMPORARY VENUES, means Madrid 2012 has a space and a use for all venues in the future. LONG TERM INTEGRATION.

That means future but also the PAST.

Madrid 2012 transport system wasnt build by night.

And we can be proud of it now and the stories wont end in 2 days. The plans will go on. And this is one of the reasons why Madrid 2012 got high level values in transport also and much more important maybe; this is the reason why Madrid 2012 can hold a LOW COST PROJECT. Its a LONG TERM PROJECT.

Madrid does not need taxes to finance the budget. Madrid does not need to be worried about the delivering in time of their plans, just cause most plans are already REALITY.

And maybe this is also a reason for the very high support of the population (91%). The population does know when a project is needs a big a bigger or a too big effort.

The Venue locations was reserved by the City not in 2003, what could have brught problems with citizens living next to them or businessmen strongly opposing the bid, cause of fearing about their business.

Madrid and their ex-alcalde reserved terrains around la Peineta thinking of the 2012 bid in 1997. LONG TERM PLANS.

Its not a typical in last minute plan or a "yes yes, mañana thinking" topic behind the Madrid 2012 idea. Its a well thought and long time work.

So i see it really possible to win, even with very hard competitors next to us. Our legacy is well planned with or without games, Juanmatury.

I can just say finishing. Good luck to all and be proud of what Madrid has done to deverse the game, aswell as all 5 cities deverse them also.

Hasta Pronto, maybe in MADRID.  :)

Well, if Madrid is the "Cinderella' of the race; then

- London is Snow White; sleeps with the dwarves & gets posioned.

- Paris is Rapunzeul; she'll get strangled in her own hair.

- Moscow is Sleeping Beauty; She'll never wake up.

- and New York is Wonder Woman.    :unclesam:   :wwww:

But honestly, I have visited Madrid 2x; it's OK but I think Madrid is more Shrek/Rumplestilskin than Cinderella.

But honestly, I have visited Madrid 2x; it's OK but I think Madrid is more Shrek/Rumplestilskin than Cinderella.

Shrek?

YESSSSSSSS  :D

This big green thing is great.

Or the "burro" ... I like the donkey best ... its me i cant stop speaking.

Sorry.  :Oo:

Shrek?

YESSSSSSSS  :D

This big green thing is great.

Or the "burro" ... I like the donkey best ... its me i cant stop speaking.

Sorry.  :oo:

Te recomiendo que no discutas con analfabetos, es como darse de ostias contra una pared...  :;):

Well the Paris bid can Bore off! - it's the London bid that's doing all the running, and Paris just sitting back and resting on their laurels will come back to haunt them when Rogge announces London as the 2012 Olympic Games Host City.

You see, many, many ways to look at these things.  :wink:

Let's just agree with the sensible neutrals shall we.

IT'S TOO F****** CLOSE TO CALL!!!!

Now Bore Off!!!  dixi-less.

How about boring off with your stupid "bore off"?

Archived