French 2018 Bid Cities

Here are the preliminary websites of the French potential applicant cities. French only and hardly any information for the moment but hopefully it will change.

Nice 2018

Pelvoux - Ecrin 2018

Grenoble 2018

Annecy website is currently down but you can find a leaflet at:Annecy brochure

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much for the links, jeremie!

I have three questions:

On this website of Nice it is mentioned that the French ski championships 1938 took place at the Cote d´Azur.

I am interested in which events were held in 1938?

Where the events were held actually? (since I doubt that there really took place "at the coast")

Were the championships of 1938 the only ones, which were held at the Cote d'Azur (resp. at the place where the events were actually held)?

When will the French NOC decide with which city it will bid for 2018?

March 18. Note that the CNOSF may still decide not to present any bid if none of the bids is assessed as having a serious shot at the shortlist.

March 18. Note that the CNOSF may still decide not to present any bid if none of the bids is assessed as having a serious shot at the shortlist.

Do you think that all four cities will make it until March 18 or will one or more cities withdraw?

Do you have a clue about my other three questions?

Albertvill with the France ended his candidacy for the Olympic Winter Games in the next fifty years, including the 2018 and etc.Na row coming Pyong Chang, Geneva and ostali.Sto far as Summer Olympic games, the situation is totally different, and one candidate for the Paris Olympic Games 2024 would be great, appropriate and concrete.

Albertvill with the France ended his candidacy for the Olympic Winter Games in the next fifty years, including the 2018 and etc.Na row coming Pyong Chang, Geneva and ostali.Sto far as Summer Olympic games, the situation is totally different, and one candidate for the Paris Olympic Games 2024 would be great, appropriate and concrete.

????? !!!!!

Translation, please....

My interpretation of the comment:

With Albertville in 1992, France will not really have a chance at getting a Winter Games for the next fifty years, including 2018. The leading candidates are Pyeong Chang, Geneva, and (Ostali???). The situation for a French Summer Games would be different, and in 2024 the candidacy of Paris would be great, appropriate, and concrete.

My favorite thing about Zenica is the threads of like 8 pages where s/he is the only person that has written anything. :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to your other questions. I'll try to have a look at it later.

Did you have been able to found something out about the French championships in 1938, jeremie?

I think these championships are very interesting, since Nice wants to prove with these championships, that it is capable to host Olympic Games today (otherwise it wouldn't have mentioned thes championships on its website).

Thanks very much for the links, jeremie!

I have three questions:

On this website of Nice it is mentioned that the French ski championships 1938 took place at the Cote d´Azur.

I am interested in which events were held in 1938?

Where the events were held actually? (since I doubt that there really took place "at the coast")

Were the championships of 1938 the only ones, which were held at the Cote d'Azur (resp. at the place where the events were actually held)?

I will try to take over from Jeremie and gave you some updates about the 2018 french race….

So about 1938, I did not find something very precise actually.

Those National Championships were the first in the “Alpes-Maritimes” and took place in Auron. The second one, still in Auron in 1984 and the third ones were this year, 2008, in Auron and Isola 2000 (slalom).

In 2008 the program was :

Ladies & Men : Downhill – Super Combined – Super G – Slalom – Giant Slalom

http://www.cg06.fr/sports/sports-evenements-ski2008.html

0000-3160-4~Championnats-de-France-internationaux-de-ski-1938-Affiches.jpgsports-ski2008-affiche.jpg

I will try to take over from Jeremie and gave you some updates about the 2018 french race….

thanks very much, memorabilia, that is very kind of you!!

do you think that Nice will use Auron and Isola for the alpine skiing events?

Which cities might be used for the nordic skiing events?

thanks very much, memorabilia, that is very kind of you!!

do you think that Nice will use Auron and Isola for the alpine skiing events?

Which cities might be used for the nordic skiing events?

Nothing official actually, but you haven't a lot of possibilities.

Here are some venues selected by a local newspaper :

n1033537383_30117564_5703.jpg

A few years ago, in this forum, i made a fantazy bid for Monaco 2022 and i chose almost the same venue ! Except for the Ski jumping, luge and bob for which i used the Torino's venues (Pragelatto and Cessana) as France doesn't need a second ski jump arena and a second bob and luge track, and as from Nice it is quickest to join those Italian venues.

Here are the preliminary websites of the French potential applicant cities. French only and hardly any information for the moment but hopefully it will change.

Nice 2018

Pelvoux - Ecrin 2018

Grenoble 2018

Annecy website is currently down but you can find a leaflet at:Annecy brochure

Here is, actually, the new webiste for Annecy. In fact this is the name of an society that realised lobbying since 2002 to host the Winter Games. They change their name from Olympliquons-nous to Impliquons-nous (Let's be involved) as to follow the CNOSF's rule they were not allowed to use a term with "Olympic" for their website (in fact the advice of the CNOSF is to use CITY'S NAME + 2018).

But I think they will have another OFFICIAL website at the beginning of december when they will present their project (1s December) and realise their logo.

IMF_VIGNETTE250_WEB_CHEMIN_1632_1222184144.jpg

Nothing official actually, but you haven't a lot of possibilities.

Here are some venues selected by a local newspaper :

n1033537383_30117564_5703.jpg

A few years ago, in this forum, i made a fantazy bid for Monaco 2022 and i chose almost the same venue ! Except for the Ski jumping, luge and bob for which i used the Torino's venues (Pragelatto and Cessana) as France doesn't need a second ski jump arena and a second bob and luge track, and as from Nice it is quickest to join those Italian venues.

I doubt that the IOC will award Olympic Games to a city, which uses venues in another country - altough you should never say never - therefore I think these possible venues, which are mentioned in a local newspaper, would be better...

It is interesting that Ski acrobatique is given to Valberg and not to Beuil, too.

Archived