Winner takes all

This race was very close and second place counts for nothing and might as well have been last.  I'm just so happy London was given the chance as it was a far more inspirational and exciting plan than any of the others.  The London team worked the hardest and were duly rewarded.  I think Paris suffered from complacency and took too much for granted.  They believed just because they played safe and have bidded twice before they were going to win-big mistake.  It just goes to show that if they a city isn't willing to show originality or offer a unique proposal that will forward the IOC movement then they aren't going to win.  Congratulations London.  We can put on an amazing spectacle.  Let's not give these terroists the publicity they are seeking and make sure security is toughened and send a message that free, democractic societies are the beacon in an increasingly gloomy world.

This race was very close and second place counts for nothing and might as well have been last.  I'm just so happy London was given the chance as it was a far more inspirational and exciting plan than any of the others.  The London team worked the hardest and were duly rewarded.  I think Paris suffered from complacency and took too much for granted.  They believed just because they played safe and have bidded twice before they were going to win-big mistake.  It just goes to show that if they a city isn't willing to show originality or offer a unique proposal that will forward the IOC movement then they aren't going to win.  Congratulations London.  We can put on an amazing spectacle.  Let's not give these terroists the publicity they are seeking and make sure security is toughened and send a message that free, democractic societies are the beacon in an increasingly gloomy world.

In response to the title "winner takes all," I would say that Paris has the comfort of knowing that the city has been a winner, recently.  ie.....

-hosted 1998 world cup final

-hosted 2003 IAAF world championships

-will host 2007 rugby world cup final

Of course, none of these matches up to the olympics, but it's better than nothing, and Paris most definetly is NOT a big loser when it comes to hosting international sporting events.

Archived