2 Cities Shortlisted For Yog 2012

Do you think that since now Lillehammer is out of the running for the YOG - the Norwegian Olympic Committee may reconsider 2018 with one of the other non-Tromso cities? I assumed to some extent that their reluctance to consider a replacement was an effort to strenthen the YOG bid.

I have no idea. The question is: is there enough time for the Norwegian NOC to re-open the competition (I assume it would have to do so just to check whether Trondheim and Oslo / Lillehammer bids are still on the table), pick a candidate and for this candidate to get the full financial backing it will need?

In any case, the likelyhood of the Winter Games coming back to Norway so soon after Lillehammer is rather small.

I think Kuopio will win, since Finland is a very huge winter sports nation, but has no chance to host Winter Olympics - therewith it will get the YOG 2012 as a kind of substitute...

Tough one: I think Kuopio is proposing what the IOC had in mind for the YOG but Innsbruck bid is by far superior (the Evaluation Commission report clearly states that Kuopio is riskier). After 4 back to back Austrian bids for the Winter Olympics, the IOC might also repay Austria..

Anyway, two strong candidates that would be great host. With only three years to the Games, my guts tell me Innsbruck.

Honestly Mo, a couple of years ago you were only slightly annoying, now your posts have becoming increasing irradiac and you seem have turned into a South African version of Mr. x

two options:

1. show all my "annoying" posts including my 2010 updates, commentary on London 2012, illustrations relating to sightlines etc. etc

or

2. do nothing because i honestly don't care what you think.

Archived