Latest city rankings from ATR site

How much money is given to the stadium in the bid book. If it's more than seems necessary then perhaps. However, they can't change their plans now remember.

There's no capital investmnet allocated to the SdF ... Just operational costs

How much money is given to the stadium in the bid book. If it's more than seems necessary then perhaps. However, they can't change their plans now remember.

There's no capital investmnet allocated to the SdF ... Just operational costs

In that case, Paris won't anounce a major overhaul of the Stade de France as they can't change what is already set out in their bid book.

Spending a load of dosh on a stadium that is supposed to be the Jewel in the Crown (not literally obviously!) of French sport could have the effect of killing off the opposition. But it would also, at this late stage look like an admission by the bid team that their stadium is not as ready as they'd claimed; which is obviously Paris' biggest selling point.

Anyway, this argument is academic. They haven't allocated any money to the stadium, so they can't change their plans now.

It is an interesting point to raise however. Would IOC members have preferred the Paris team to spend a few million overhauling their stadium and making sure it really works properly as an athletics stadium (i.e. sorting the problems mentioned in the report on the WAC 2003)?

Just because it's not in the Olympic budget, doesn't mean that the French government isn't going to announce it... that's a DIFFERENT budget!  :;):

But the stadium is central to the Olympic bid, and stadia in the bid booklet, can only be funded with money stated in the bid book?

Where is Robert when you need him? :/

If the Games take place in Paris it will be for sure popular games,the cost of life in Paris is lower than London,for food and all products...what explains why a lot of British come live in France and buy house...It is cheaper in France than in Britain.

Thats because British people have more money and our economy is better...something that won't be lost on the IOC either.  :;): French houses are very affordable for us! ....bad unemployment in France does have its perks for us British I suppose :)

I like the falses perceptions that  UK medias give to thiers peoples!

First, best economy, well if you forget the extern commercial deficit of uk, the fact the the grow is internal and that GDP grow is due to Money rates "4.5%" and not external expansion, i would say that uk economy is far to be the best, and far from the French export and export power, french lost GDP points when euro came, and UK played artificial to 'look good', France is the second world services export providers behind USA, and the second country after china for foreign investments, so why everyone want to go to France if it's not a big economy? the uk deficit is 3.7% french one 3.4% and grow it around 3% for both country!

oops about unemployment, lol, thinking that UK have less is simply biased, because first the statistics aren't the same at all, in UK more than 4millions peoples aren't "registered" into jobcenters mess of mister Blair, 4m of peoples that ares able to work, in france everyone is registered, cause you don't have restrictions to find a job and if not you don't have rights for lots of stuffs, France have 10 % unemployed peoples, all registered, UK have 5% unemployed, but with 4 millions avoiding statistics, that's the truth!

http://www.oxfamgb.org/ukpp/poverty/thefacts.htm

Here you'll have the proofs about poverty, in uk more than 20% peoples live under poverty soil, in france it's 6%, so what mean 15% poor peoples working?  slavery?  it's because the UK unemployement rate is a farce!

when i was in UK i seen lots of ads screaming you can register our compagny for 300 euros in 3 hours!

in france it's 1 mounth, need a week formation to drive your compagny and capital minimu of 8000 euros!

ha ha ha ha ha ha, dreammers, who seriouly trust a compagny with so poor capitals? rate of colapsing copagnies in UK ares 3 times biger than in france each years!

as the house the british buy in france, just look at what they buy, ruines and all poor house the french don't want!

all that in lost lands where no ones want to live, because no activities, 90% ares second houses, i hope for them because i can't imagine myself living like an animal along the year!!

the british ares far to get the best resorts and house, rather the russians that ares , them buying very hight class houses in south, and they ares quite more dearer than same class ones in UK!

so litle biased subjects or her majesty, don't try to be citizen, or revolutionaires, you don't have the shoulders for first, and lackeys stays always the same..

If the Games take place in Paris it will be for sure popular games,the cost of life in Paris is lower than London,for food and all products...what explains why a lot of British come live in France and buy house...It is cheaper in France than in Britain.

Thats because British people have more money and our economy is better...something that won't be lost on the IOC either.  :;): French houses are very affordable for us! ....bad unemployment in France does have its perks for us British I suppose :)

I like the falses perceptions that  UK medias give to thiers peoples!

First, best economy, well if you forget the extern commercial deficit of uk, the fact the the grow is internal and that GDP grow is due to Money rates "4.5%" and not external expansion, i would say that uk economy is far to be the best, and far from the French export and export power, french lost GDP points when euro came, and UK played artificial to 'look good', France is the second world services export providers behind USA, and the second country after china for foreign investments, so why everyone want to go to France if it's not a big economy? the uk deficit is 3.7% french one 3.4% and grow it around 3% for both country!

oops about unemployment, lol, thinking that UK have less is simply biased, because first the statistics aren't the same at all, in UK more than 4millions peoples aren't "registered" into jobcenters mess of mister Blair, 4m of peoples that ares able to work, in france everyone is registered, cause you don't have restrictions to find a job and if not you don't have rights for lots of stuffs, France have 10 % unemployed peoples, all registered, UK have 5% unemployed, but with 4 millions avoiding statistics, that's the truth!

http://www.oxfamgb.org/ukpp/poverty/thefacts.htm

Here you'll have the proofs about poverty, in uk more than 20% peoples live under poverty soil, in france it's 6%, so what mean 15% poor peoples working?  slavery?  it's because the UK unemployement rate is a farce!

when i was in UK i seen lots of ads screaming you can register our compagny for 300 euros in 3 hours!

in france it's 1 mounth, need a week formation to drive your compagny and capital minimu of 8000 euros!

ha ha ha ha ha ha, dreammers, who seriouly trust a compagny with so poor capitals? rate of colapsing copagnies in UK ares 3 times biger than in france each years!

as the house the british buy in france, just look at what they buy, ruines and all poor house the french don't want!

all that in lost lands where no ones want to live, because no activities, 90% ares second houses, i hope for them because i can't imagine myself living like an animal along the year!!

the british ares far to get the best resorts and house, rather the russians that ares , them buying very hight class houses in south, and they ares quite more dearer than same class ones in UK!

so litle biased subjects or her majesty, don't try to be citizen, or revolutionaires, you don't have the shoulders for first, and lackeys stays always the same..

Nope. Didn't understand a word of that.

What does the stadium in NYC offer the Olympic movement? or Athletics?

The IOC wants stadiums with "life" after the games, as reported by the New York Times last week.

After the games, New York will decrease the size of the Mets stadium back to 50,000 and reconfigure it to a baseball stadium. Athletics will not feature at this stadium again. It will be like the Atlanta stadium of '96.

If New York has a legacy, I'm clearly not impressed, and I don't think the majority in the IOC will be either.

In a perfect world, all the stadia would be used everyday breeding and training the next set of Olympians who will astonish the world and sweep the medals and world records at the next Olympics.  (Somehow this sounds familiar, like the late 30s, in a now non-existent master race empire.  But that's another story altogether...)

However, while indeed the IOC would prefer that the stadia were utilized afterwards for the particular sports/disciplines they were built for, I think the IOC realizes that they cannot demand the after-Games use of the facilities by the host country.   Does it really matter if the weightlifting venue is turned into a meat-storage locker if that's what will benefit the neighborhood it was situated in; and will augment the livelihood of the residents there?

In NYC/USA's case, the IOC is aware that after the Summer Olympics come and go from New York either in 7 or 11 years, it's not like Track & Field will completely shut down in the U.S.A.  Items:

* There is a permanent, world-class track on Governor's Island in the New York Harbor which is staying there for Athletics' use long before and after the NYC Games have gone.

* There are over 400 quality (university) track installations around the US that turn out world-class athletes in their youth and college days.  Uhmmm, I believe a number of the non-USA track medal-winners in Athens and Sydney trained -- NOT at the LA Coliseum track -- but on American university tracks.  

* The best coaches do not necessarily live beside the left-over Olympic venues.  Hypothetically, what good are all the left-over brand new stadia and pools in New York if the best coaches live in California, Texas and Oregon (as they do in the US for T&F and Swimming)?  

* Uhmmm, the US Track & Field program did not suddenly go belly up after they converted the Atlanta Stadium to Turner Field.  How did we get all those medals in Sydney and Athens?

* And it's not like you need the 80,000 people cheering you everyday when you train, is it?  

It doesn't matter to the IOC what the venues are used afterwards, so long as they are put to good use and for the community.  That's all that matters.  And if turning a baseball stadium into a 1-summer only Track stadium is what it takes, then it shows foresight on the part of the host city planners -- to dodge the 'white-elephant' issue creatively.  

After all, the IOC would've taken their money already and run, n'est ce pas?   :laugh:

What does the stadium in NYC offer the Olympic movement? or Athletics?

The IOC wants stadiums with "life" after the games, as reported by the New York Times last week.

After the games, New York will decrease the size of the Mets stadium back to 50,000 and reconfigure it to a baseball stadium. Athletics will not feature at this stadium again. It will be like the Atlanta stadium of '96.

If New York has a legacy, I'm clearly not impressed, and I don't think the majority in the IOC will be either.

In a perfect world, all the stadia would be used everyday breeding and training the next set of Olympians who will astonish the world and sweep the medals and world records at the next Olympics.  (Somehow this sounds familiar, like the late 30s, in a now non-existent master race empire.  But that's another story altogether...)

However, while indeed the IOC would prefer that the stadia were utilized afterwards for the particular sports/disciplines they were built for, I think the IOC realizes that they cannot demand the after-Games use of the facilities by the host country.   Does it really matter if the weightlifting venue is turned into a meat-storage locker if that's what will benefit the neighborhood it was situated in; and will augment the livelihood of the residents there?

In NYC/USA's case, the IOC is aware that after the Summer Olympics come and go from New York either in 7 or 11 years, it's not like Track & Field will completely shut down in the U.S.A.  Items:

* There is a permanent, world-class track on Governor's Island in the New York Harbor which is staying there for Athletics' use long before and after the NYC Games have gone.

* There are over 400 quality (university) track installations around the US that turn out world-class athletes in their youth and college days.  Uhmmm, I believe a number of the non-USA track medal-winners in Athens and Sydney trained -- NOT at the LA Coliseum track -- but on American university tracks.  

* The best coaches do not necessarily live beside the left-over Olympic venues.  Hypothetically, what good are all the left-over brand new stadia and pools in New York if the best coaches live in California, Texas and Oregon (as they do in the US for T&F and Swimming)?  

* Uhmmm, the US Track & Field program did not suddenly go belly up after they converted the Atlanta Stadium to Turner Field.  How did we get all those medals in Sydney and Athens?

* And it's not like you need the 80,000 people cheering you everyday when you train, is it?  

It doesn't matter to the IOC what the venues are used afterwards, so long as they are put to good use and for the community.  That's all that matters.  And if turning a baseball stadium into a 1-summer only Track stadium is what it takes, then it shows foresight on the part of the host city planners -- to dodge the 'white-elephant' issue creatively.  

After all, the IOC would've taken their money already and run, n'est ce pas?   :laugh:

Once again..the American swiftly kicks Frenchie's behind

I'm wondering what's going on at the Athens Olympic Complex this summer.....I'd be willing to bet that more people will watch the Atlanta Braves in the configured Olympic Stadium in Atlanta this summer then in the OAKA's Venues Combined..

Now that's called life after the Games...

Archived