Franco did not die claims Madrid 2012

Well, it was funny indeed  :D I liked the joke. There's no need to take it so serious, mates! It's a very very sarcastic sense of humour but it's intelligent enough to be unable to hurt!

By the way, I do not think that ETA attacks would affect that much actually.

LOL!!!   :laughlong:  That is one of the funniest, wittiest, most clever things ever posted on this board.  And those dumb clucks like bigdave and kgw_2012 wouldn't know if a Pulitzer Prize book hit them on the head.  

I have been lurking on this board for awhile -- and there are some real turkeys here like this bigdavej to begin with, and that Mikel... But you Baron, you post good stuff.  In fact, most of the time, too good for some of the dumb*ss white boys here.

And if they give you any more lip, I will bust their balls.  

Now, how the hell do you get those signatures in?  I wanna write:

A Big, Black Sassy Momma for New York!!

Thanks, Momma!  Yup, these lily-white boys need to be spanked once in a while.  As for the Spaniards, I apologize if any of you were seriously offended.  

That is a piece of satire.  Es satirico. :upside: No teneis articulos satiricos en su prensa?   :upside:  O no leies la prensa?

Get over it.  You're not the only country in the world to have lived under a dictator:  Germany? China? Chile?  Ethiopia?  Las Filipinas (durante el tiempo de Marcos)?  Haiti? Uganda?  Romania?  El GDR?  La Union Sovietica? etc., etc... please, you're not the only ones!  And he was one of the milder ones.  And that's why you'll (Spain) will never rise to the ranks of the UK, or France, or Australia, among the ranks of the 'enlightened' nations because vosotros sois muy seriosos!

And that's the Spanish part of me that I don't like--taking things too seriously.  Laugh a little; it's good for the spirit...or I'm gonna call my new guardian momma, la Senora Shaneequa de Nueva York...  :wink:

It's curious, we in Spain tend to think it's foreigners, specialy anglo-saxons, who lack sense of humour. I can assure you that your ideas about sense of humour in Spain are completely wrong, we tend to do jokes nearly about everything, and our TV programms and soap operas are full of jokes, laughing lots of times of 'serious' things.

It's just a lack of knowledge of this country what you've got. Remember, it's the country of fiesta and fun, with one of the highest levels of happiness in the world, according to surveillances. The problem is just than the anglo-saxon's sense of humour seems to us kind of rude and stupid. And that touching certain items, like Franco and ETA, if not funny at all. Millions of deads are behind them.

By the way, I have seen THOUSANDS of jokes on 9-11 in the internet, lots of them where done by spaniards... and I don't think any of them was done by a USA citizen... you lack sense of humour, then? as you said, 'live more!'

Well, it was funny indeed  :D I liked the joke. There's no need to take it so serious, mates! It's a very very sarcastic sense of humour but it's intelligent enough to be unable to hurt!

Muchas gracias, Ydum.  Eres muy perceptivo y profundo.  It was not meant to hurt anyone.  It was a satire.

And as Polmac said, yes, I am sure, thousands of totally tasteless jokes about 9/11 were also told.  It was terrible; but sometimes that is how people deal w/ grief - a little black humor -- or if I were to VERY VERY P.C. - a little humor of colour.  :wink:

Madrid 2012 officials, through their spokesman Don Alfonso Quijano, announced today that Generalissimo Francisco Franco did NOT die after all in 1975, as was previously thought.  He is alive and well; and his non-passing does NOT...repeat does NOT affect the Madrid 2012 bid in any way.  He was found dazed and slightly disoriented in a Madrid train station.  

This comes on the feels of the announcement that the recent ETA bombing beside the would-be Olympic Stadium venue also does "not affect..." the Madrid Olympic bid overall.  

GB story on "No Problema" ETA explosion...

Also, the same Spanish bid officials on the side now claim that cancer and AIDS do not kill people.  Plastic bags do.  However, it remains to be seen whether the once-rediscovered Franco supports the Spanish bid.  The Madrid 2012 Truth juggernaut continues on to Singapore.

LOL!!!   :laughlong:  That is one of the funniest, wittiest, most clever things ever posted on this board.  And those dumb clucks like bigdave and kgw_2012 wouldn't know if a Pulitzer Prize book hit them on the head.  

I have been lurking on this board for awhile -- and there are some real turkeys here like this bigdavej to begin with, and that Mikel... But you Baron, you post good stuff.  In fact, most of the time, too good for some of the dumb*ss white boys here.

Ma sister from another mother, great post.

Your post was hilarious.

Baron, these people do not have a sense of humor.

Come on, people!

Live a little!

would it be funny if I made jokes about September 11th?

Well I must be losing my sense of humour, because I have failed to laugh once through reading this thread.  I must be missing something.

...and Baron please try and make it a little less obvious of you cloning yourself and passing yourself off as someone else...I find it hard to imagine that someone's very first post would be one that was totally devoted to the ground you walked on... i.e....

Thanks, Momma!  Yup, these lily-white boys need to be spanked once in a while.  As for the Spaniards, I apologize if any of you were seriously offended.  

A more reduced level of grovelling might have be preferable, in achieving your aim of deception of GB members :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

would it be funny if I made jokes about September 11th?

I did not make jokes about anybody being killed or being murdered in 'cold blood' as what happened on 9/11.  In fact, I 'revived' FF.  The piece was a satire on how Madrid2012 officials are denying that even an ETA bombing would affect Madrid's chances.  Yeah, right.  Like the sun won't rise and set tomorrow?  :rolleyes:  

There is a difference -- which at least Ydum picked up and some of you didn't.  I guess 'satire' is something that does not exist in Spanish literature and journalism?  

Besides, as Polmac said, I don't for one moment doubt that there similar tons of ghoulish jokes about the mass murders of 9/11.  But if it will make you feel better, what's stopping you?

May I take this opportunity to welcome Shaneequa to the boards! I think it is a disgusting that people have made wild unfounded claims that this is the Baron trying to trick us! I mean he wouldn't do a thing like that would he?! :hmm:

SO once again Shaneequa, welcome...

I love jokes, satire and irony but I didn't laugh with the controversial post. I don't like the way baron expressed himself although I would have laughed about madrid's optimism if expressed in other way. But bringing up Franco, AIDS, cancer and ETA in the same joke doesn't work for me.

May I take this opportunity to welcome Shaneequa to the boards! I think it is a disgusting that people have made wild unfounded claims that this is the Baron trying to trick us! I mean he wouldn't do a thing like that would he?! :hmm:

SO once again Shaneequa, welcome...

Thank you, michaelb136.  You's a sweet chile.

What's dis 'bout one of yo' saying I'm somebaddy else?  What's yo problem?  I just think the baron's post was funny -- and if you don't like it, too bad.  As i sed, most of his posts too good fer you.

besides, if some of you don't like Franco, then why shoudn't you laugh at him?  That's the best revenge!!  Y'all revere him at death?  You guys don't laugh at hitler jokes?   :rolleyes:  Some of you's got the most hypocritical attitudes and prissy onion-skins here.  

what a bunch of wimps!! :rolleyes:

Go New York - the best city for African athletes!!

Archived