And again UNFAIR tactics!

French President Jacques Chirac is reported to have cracked jokes about British food at a meeting with the German and Russian leaders.

French newspaper Liberation says Gerhard Schroeder and Vladimir Putin laughed and joined in the banter.

"One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad," it quotes Mr Chirac as saying, within earshot of reporters.

A French government spokesman declined to comment on the report, which comes days before the G8 summit in Scotland.

The three men met on Sunday for celebrations to mark the 750th anniversary of the founding of Kaliningrad, formerly known as Koenigsberg, an exclave of Russia surrounded by Poland and Lithuania.

"The only thing they (the English) have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow disease," Mr Chirac said, according to the newspaper's report.

"After Finland, it is the country with the worst food."

Link

This behaivour is clearly unethical and Paris should be reprimanded

:laugh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
French President Jacques Chirac is reported to have cracked jokes about British food at a meeting with the German and Russian leaders.

French newspaper Liberation says Gerhard Schroeder and Vladimir Putin laughed and joined in the banter.

"One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad," it quotes Mr Chirac as saying, within earshot of reporters.

A French government spokesman declined to comment on the report, which comes days before the G8 summit in Scotland.

The three men met on Sunday for celebrations to mark the 750th anniversary of the founding of Kaliningrad, formerly known as Koenigsberg, an exclave of Russia surrounded by Poland and Lithuania.

"The only thing they (the English) have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow disease," Mr Chirac said, according to the newspaper's report.

"After Finland, it is the country with the worst food."

Link

This behaivour is clearly unethical and Paris should be reprimanded

:laugh:

First if its true, because Liberation is a leftist paper attacking chirac all times,  Chirac isn't talking about 2012 olympics, second i agree with him, the rosbifs just discredited all europeans with BSE , europeans that was trusting them about minimun safety of food, and a good joke is always good,

and very rare from french toward rosbifs, cause only thinking about them, the french don't even make this effort, why wasting times in headaches?

If u make so much deal for a comment about food, what should Greeks says about international media and the panic they spread about the Athens 2004 Games?

All the media hysteria about Athens was after the city was already awarded the games.

So regardless of what people around the world thought, the games were still going to be in Athens anyway (after the IOC decided not to switch venue).

All these cheap shots that are going on between London and Paris are before the games venue for 2012 has been decided.

At this stage (2 days away from the vote), there is worry in each of the 5 camps that the slightest of things may sway votes- that's what the big deal is.....

Ha ha...

This is from the President of a country where frog's legs and snails are eaten......

And how about the British fondness for diseased sexual organs. Isn't that what "spotted dick" is?

On a serious note...

Spotted dick is simply a pudding.

spotted.jpg

This is the recipe:

8 oz self-raising flour

1 pn of salt

4 oz margarine

2 oz castor sugar (superfine)

4 oz to 6 oz sultanas (big raisins)

6 tb water

1)  Have ready a sheet of foil or a double thickness of grease proof paper brushed with melted margarine.

2) Make the pudding crust: Sieve the flour and the salt. Rub in the margarine. Add the sugar and sultanas. Mix in the water to make a soft dough.

3) Turn out onto a floured board and form into a roll.

4) Wrap loosely but securely in the grease proof paper or foil. Tie or seal the ends.

5) Place in the steamer and cover tightly. Steam for 1.1/2 to 2 hours.

6) Serve with hot custard sauce or sprinkle with castor sugar. Variation: At stage 3: Put the mixture in a medium-sized (1.1/2 pint) pudding basin with a round of grease proof paper in the bottom and brush all round inside with melted margarine. Smooth the top. Cover with foil, or double grease proof paper brushed underneath with melted margarine and steam for 1.1/2 to 2 hours. Serve with hot Custard sauce or sprinkle with castor sugar.

lol... chirac is a funny dude, he's got it all right this time hahahahaah. Look at that #### above; :blush:

roastbeef_gravy.sized.jpg

:laugh: dude i woulnd't eat that crap even if i had a bunch terrorists around me pointing me with loaded ak-47 and offering me a million dollar. This is just fuc*king nasty. PERIOD. (think to myself: loll.. no wonder why they are so ugly, thats worst than sucking a cock) :laughlong:

The French supporters on here make me want a London and Madrid games even more than I already did. They can`t even come and say what Chirac said was unaceptable. Then, they go and attack London for what 2 Australians say about the Stade De France. No wonder Sweden has more connection with U.K. than mainland Europe.

Myös Chirac nälvii suomalaista ruokaa

Myös Ranskan presidentti Jacques Chirac vitsailee suomalaisen ruuan kustannuksella, ranskalaislehti Libération kertoi maanantaina.

Lehden mukaan Chirac hauskutti Venäjän presidenttiä Vladimir Putinia ja Saksan liittokansleria Gerhard Schröderiä lausumalla, että Britanniaa huonommin syödään vain Suomessa.

Finnish not laughing

- It`s a good thing the Finnish don`t seem to care what some Frenchman thinks of their food or country. This is being widely seen as an attack on Finland. Chirac does not seem to do anything right these days. Keep him away from the Paris 2012 presentation.

What's really funny is that we're not really that bothered in the UK anyway.

There's no such thing as 'British' cuisine and 'English' stuff isn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world.

Which is why it's a good thing that in London there's a restaurant for pretty much every taste that you can want.  You want French - we've got French overhere.  You want Greek - there's plenty of those here as well.

The only reason this has even become a vague issue here is just because Chirac is having dinner with the Queen later on this week - and it's just nasty to say somewhere is rubbish just before you're about to eat what they've cooked for you.

Chirac is NEVER going to be the most popular person in the UK.

Fortunately he's on the way out... by 2007 there'll be someone else to replace the senile old snail-eater.

"One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad"?! I don't trust a people where a crook wins an election and the second place was a nazi!

I think it goes much deeper.

I dont think your prime minister would ever mock the French with other European leaders? I just don`t think its in his nature to do that, on what I have seen and heart about his style. I think the French PM deeply dislikes Blair and the way he conducts himself. Chirac says "you cannot trust people who cook so badly".. well I don`t think food has anything to do with it, simply - Chirac doesn`t trust Britain or anything Blair says. Their relationship is incredible fragile at the moment, and I think Blair need`s to conduct himself in a gracious way in Singapore and show Chirac that he is a bigger person and not getting into a cat and mouse game. It`s interesting to see the French people on here defend Chirac so easily. I don`t think the British would defend Blair if had made remarks like that. Because people know... that behind jokes like this, are much deeper feelings. I think Chirac is a bit of a disgrace to the French Republic.

It`s interesting to see the French people on here defend Chirac so easily. I don`t think the British would defend Blair if had made remarks like that.

Because people know... that behind jokes like this, are much deeper feelings. I think Chirac is a bit of a disgrace to the French Republic.

Yes I agree Svenskatiger. I'm one of Blair's enthusiasts, and I often get disagreed with if I say something too charismatic about him on here!

I wonder how many on here are NOT Chirac supporters, because I get the feeling many Paris supporters here are quite right-wing, and therefore would naturally support him. And yes, I also think Chirac secretly hates Blair... maybe not a secret any more!

Archived