Guadalajara 2011

Gdl2011

oh and congrats to the people of guadalajara, good event.

I'll be cheering for the latin countries in 2012!

damn, forgot to say that brasil won its 1000th medal during guada2011 and also we surpassed argentina in the historical medal table. Argentina opened a huge lead in the first 2 editions so it took a lot of time...

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(^) Golf is for certain, but from my sources futsal will likely not be held in 2015. The maximum is 36 sports (All Olympics sports + a maximum of 8 additional). Futsal likely will be dropped.

Brazil will have a tough fight for sure in 2015 with Canada sending its A team (finally!) and Cuba as well. Mexico likely will have a huge drop off off about 30 medals.

Hey people, tomorrow is the end of Guadalajara 2011 and you guys f*cked up this thread! :)

Indeed. the trolls ruined the thread.

Anyway it was a great event! I enjoyed it a lot.

We'll see in 2012, but I think Brasil can finish ahead of Cuba and only behind US of A in london among the american countries!

Indeed. the trolls ruined the thread.

Anyway it was a great event! I enjoyed it a lot.

We'll see in 2012, but I think Brasil can finish ahead of Cuba and only behind US of A in london among the american countries!

Hypocrisy is a disease especially among you Brazilians. Calling other people trolls when you clearly are one is funny. :blink:

I honestly don't think Brazil will be in the top three among Americas countries in London. It will be Cuba, Canada and the USA (in terms of overall medals which really represents a countries strength.

damn! I forgot about the bolt-nation haha!

In terms of gold medals only they wont give us a chance. Cuba'll depend on their boxers... If they don't do well we can surpass them. I don't see other challengers, tho.

First day if Rugby action:

Canada 45 Brazil 0

This must be destroying for the whole Brazilian supporters of rugby... All of them can fill a VW Beetle!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I honestly don't think Brazil will be in the top three among Americas countries in London. It will be Cuba, Canada and the USA (in terms of overall medals which really represents a countries strength.

You're wrong (again). If you get the trend, you are wrong.

Brazil have been placed in 3rd... And it's totally possible to do it again, specially in these emerging days of Brazilian sports, with Rio 2016 in the horizon and massive investment in Sports as never before.

Read and learn.

BEIJING 2008

2nd USA - 36 golds

19th Canada - 3 golds

23th Brazil - 3 golds

28th Cuba - 2 golds

ATHENS 2004

1st USA - 35 golds

11th Cuba - 9 golds

16th Brazil - 6 golds

21st Canada - 3 golds

Hypocrisy is a disease especially among you Brazilians. Calling other people trolls when you clearly are one is funny. :blink:

You're wrong (again). If you get the trend, you are wrong.

Brazil have been placed in 3rd... And it's totally possible to do it again, specially in these emerging days of Brazilian sports, with Rio 2016 in the horizon and massive investment in Sports as never before.

Read and learn.

BEIJING 2008

2nd USA - 36 golds

19th Canada - 3 golds

23th Brazil - 3 golds

28th Cuba - 2 golds

ATHENS 2004

1st USA - 35 golds

11th Cuba - 9 golds

16th Brazil - 6 golds

21st Canada - 3 golds

:lol: :lol: Your posts are comedic in that your telling me to go learn and read, when you can't even correctly read the post your quoting. Go to school and learn! :lol:

USA 103

CUBA 27

CANADA 12

BRAZIL 10

USA 110

CUBA 24

CANADA 18

BRAZIL 15

In 2012 Canada wants to be top 12 which would be exactly where CUBA finished in 2008.

Total medals is ridiculous... Silver and Bronze are consolation prizes... What matter is the number of Olympic (or PanAms) Champions...

Indeed, in many sports, both 3rd and 4th wins bronze medals (since there is not a 3rd place decision).

And I never talked here about total overall in the entire thread, which would put Brazil in 2nd in PanAms...

USA 236

Brazil 140

Cuba 136

Mexico 132

Canada 118

I don't count Brazil as second in Guadalajara 2011 and I never will count due total overall.

Brazil is 3rd, behind Cuba, who put a lot of difference of golds yesterday. Congrats to them.

Total overall is just ridiculous... Like those who talk about this in bold huge letters. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Total medals is ridiculous... Silver and Bronze are consolation prizes... What matter is the number of Olympic (or PanAms) Champions...

Indeed, in many sports, both 3rd and 4th wins bronze medals (since there is not a 3rd place decision).

And I never talked here about total overall in the entire thread, which would put Brazil in 2nd in PanAms...

USA 236

Brazil 140

Cuba 136

Mexico 132

Canada 118

I don't count Brazil as second in Guadalajara 2011 and I never will count due total overall.

Brazil is 3rd, behind Cuba, who put a lot of difference of golds yesterday. Congrats to them.

Total overall is just ridiculous... Like those who talk about this in bold huge letters. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You telling me to go read after not READING my post clearly is a joke.

Please, both of you, stop with the silly brazilian-canadian rivalry e_e, it's kinda ruining the thread for everyone.

Anyway, one week ago i heard that Mario Vazquez Raña was surprised about Guadalajara 2011 organization (after all the criticism he threw agains the organizing comittee) and is thinking about declaring them the best Pan Am's ever, although he still admits there were some delays on the infrastructure.

Glad they finished evertything on time and it didn't ended up being a disaster a la Delhi 2010. Also, the athletics stadium is beautiful and neat despite it's small size.

Venezuela has equaled it's participation from Rio 2007 with 12 gold medals. Like someone pointed before we were very unlucky at some competitions :lol: (lots of silver medals). Also i'm surprised about the great progress Colombia has done, even beating Argentina on the medal tally.

I confess I don't read all of your post... Excess of bull****...

How is it full of bull sh** when it is fact. Purely numbers. Numbers do not LIE. You and Mc Carta seem to have a problem to believe in FACTS.

Please, both of you, stop with the silly brazilian-canadian rivalry e_e, it's kinda ruining the thread for everyone.

Anyway, one week ago i heard that Mario Vazquez Raña was surprised about Guadalajara 2011 organization (after all the criticism he threw agains the organizing comittee) and is thinking about declaring them the best Pan Am's ever, although he still admits there were some delays on the infrastructure.

Glad they finished evertything on time and it didn't ended up being a disaster a la Delhi 2010. Also, the athletics stadium is beautiful and neat despite it's small size.

Venezuela has equaled it's participation from Rio 2007 with 12 gold medals. Like someone pointed before we were very unlucky at some competitions :lol: (lots of silver medals). Also i'm surprised about the great progress Colombia has done, even beating Argentina on the medal tally.

How big was the stadium? Toronto's will 12,500 (I walk everyday where runners will be running in four years). :lol:

+1

AAnyway, one week ago i heard that Mario Vazquez Raña was surprised about Guadalajara 2011 organization (after all the criticism he threw agains the organizing comittee) and is thinking about declaring them the best Pan Am's ever, although he still admits there were some delays on the infrastructure.

To be honest, I haven't read a lot about the PanAms infraestructure but as far as I've seen, they looked pretty good. I haven't heard about complications or problems, so I think the organizers did a good job.

I think for Chile, the results are a bit bittersweet. We had the biggest amount of medals ever (43), more than twice the number of 2007 and two more than the record at the 1st PanAm Games. The problem is that we only could get two gold medals. We ended in the 13th place even though we had 10 more medals than the 9th place and twiche the 10th place. In any case, I think we had great results and I hope the government invests more in the athletes for London and for the ODESUR Games.

I think Colombian progress is a direct result of the investment done in the athletes for Medellin 2010.

Brazil has won the last individual gold medal of the games in the men's marathon.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico for the men's basketball gold

and Canada, Uruguay, USA, Argentina left for the rugby gold and that's it for the competition.

The big question now is, when Rob Ford is handed the flag at the closing ceremony, will he be swearing? ;) Will he be ambushed by the crew of 22 Minutes? :lol:

And now for the Closing Ceremony and Torontariotorontontariotwentyfifteen handover. Let's make this the livechat? It starts in 4 hours!

4 hours exact please :lol: website says 8:00 so 9:00 EST but CBC (Canadian brodcaster says 10 PM). For the record its Toronto 2015. :lol:

Archived