Guadalajara 2011

Gdl2011

Montreal...

Calgary...

:rolleyes:

Oh God! I think I've just cursed Brazil for 2016!

LOL, no way dont say that, but if you refer to Montreal 1976 (11 medals) yep, they actually did better than Munich 1972 (5 medals) and Calgary doesnt apply coz has never hosted a Summer Olympic games.

I am almost sure Brazil will do it better, recent olympics has this tendency...Good luck :lol:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuba has taken over Mexico, althiugh I think this Cuban delegation is not as strong as previous ones, Brazil has to do well from now, because they are going to host the major olympic event in 2016, and they can't or better shouldn't disappoint their people, it is like a tradition, we saw that in every and each olympic games, being the host brings more medals than usual, so go Brazil.

As for Mexico I think we are doing well, Sports has never been an important topic not only for governement but for people (except during 1968 olympics), but we got talent that's a fact, I see strong contenders in diving, probably some medals in boxing, beach volleyball, and othyers, onviously pelota vasca, we did it great in artistic gymanastics.

Canada has to improve for the next games bringing a b or c team shouldn't be an excuse, they have some good athletes, and some sad absences.

USA is doing well, still the best team in the americas, but when I was in beijing I saw that China is displacing USA, maybe less budget to Sports is the reason, or maybe the budget is still high but world competitiveness has increased too.

The Canadian swim federation promised to send their "A" team to Toronto. October was the worst timing for the games.

Just an observation. If Canada had sent the same team they sent to Shanghai and they achieved the same times Canada would have won 17 gold, 9 silver and 9 bronze medals, setting almost a dozen Pan Am records and dominating the women's competition. So yes, the quality of the team sent does matter. Canada has sent a much weaker team to Guadalajara then to Rio, specifically because of the October dates. The last time Canada sent a complete team, Canada won a 196 medals.

And what matters is the Olympics. Canada will win 20+ medals in London, Mexico will be lucky to win 4. Most countries in the Americas would be lucky to come away with a medal or two.

Just an observation. If Canada had sent the same team they sent to Shanghai and they achieved the same times Canada would have won 17 gold, 9 silver and 9 bronze medals, setting almost a dozen Pan Am records and dominating the women's competition. So yes, the quality of the team sent does matter. Canada has sent a much weaker team to Guadalajara then to Rio, specifically because of the October dates. The last time Canada sent a complete team, Canada won a 196 medals.

And what matters is the Olympics. Canada will win 20+ medals in London, Mexico will be lucky to win 4. Most countries in the Americas would be lucky to come away with a medal or two.

I know it matters, I said is not an excuse, and Canada does great, but 20 medals for a Developed country is not so good, 4 medals for a developing country are fine, I am sure Canada can do it better, and they are improving, if you take a look at the medals, canada wasnt a good country some years ago, but they have improved, hopefully in Toronto they'll show it.

I know it matters, I said is not an excuse, and Canada does great, but 20 medals for a Developed country is not so good, 4 medals for a developing country are fine, I am sure Canada can do it better, and they are improving, if you take a look at the medals, canada wasnt a good country some years ago, but they have improved, hopefully in Toronto they'll show it.

If they don't there will be a riot.

According to the USA Today medal predictions Canada is expected to have its best haul ever at a Summer Games (-the 84 boycotted games). Mexico is expected to win a measly bronze medal.

for a developed country a bronze medal is a measly medal, for a developing country is a great achievement (developing countries do not invest in sport as much as developed ones)

I dont know what statistics London 2012, the one that Kenya is over Canada?

You take everyhting as an insult, and then you insult, Canada is doing well, but trust me is still far a away from developed countries, (the one you should compare to) for Example Australia (very similar to Canada) a less populated country has far more medals than Canada, a lot more, in Beijing they ranked 6 you guys ranked 19 :-s

and Mexico placed 36 while India a far more populated country placed 50, I think is ok. (we are far away from other developing so sad, for example China that has become a special case, the communist system put a lot of emphasis in sports,ex.USSR, Cuba.

and now Brazil is doing in my own opinion excellent, going ahead of Canada, that is a special case too, they will host Olympics and they need to have a good delegation, they also have a good sport culture.

for a developed country a bronze medal is a measly medal, for a developing country is a great achievement (developing countries do not invest in sport as much as developed ones)

I dont know what statistics London 2012, the one that Kenya is over Canada?

You take everyhting as an insult, and then you insult, Canada is doing well, but trust me is still far a away from developed countries, (the one you should compare to) for Example Australia (very similar to Canada) a less populated country has far more medals than Canada, a lot more, in Beijing they ranked 6 you guys ranked 19 :-s

and Mexico placed 36 while India a far more populated country placed 50, I think is ok. (we are far away from other developing so sad, for example China that has become a special case, the communist system put a lot of emphasis in sports,ex.USSR, Cuba.

and now Brazil is doing in my own opinion excellent, going ahead of Canada, that is a special case too, they will host Olympics and they need to have a good delegation, they also have a good sport culture.

The point is Mexico aint expected to win barley anything while Canada is expected to have is best showing.

The point is Mexico aint expected to win barley anything while Canada is expected to have is best showing.

No that's not my point because Mexico is going to get what it deserves, in its range, so is out of any discussion, the point is the world position, in 2004 mexico placed 59, in 2008 36, I think is better, we don not expect to get anything, 1 medal is ok.

and thoe other point that wasnt a point until you started bragging, is that Canada MUST do it better, or riots as you said, is not fair for candians to get less medals than another developed countries.

No that's not my point because Mexico is going to get what it deserves, in its range, so is out of any discussion, the point is the world position, in 2004 mexico placed 59, in 2008 36, I think is better, we don not expect to get anything, 1 medal is ok.

and thoe other point that wasnt a point until you started bragging, is that Canada MUST do it better, or riots as you said, is not fair for candians to get less medals than another developed countries.

Mexico should win more then one bronze, it hosted an Olympics before and thee Pan Am Games.

Mexico should win more then one bronze, it hosted an Olympics before and thee Pan Am Games.

Yeah you are right in 1968! BTW the first non US city in the americas to ever host olympics.

and so far the country with more Panams, but if you see the medals in Panams we are relatively strong, placing 5 or 6, is not bad, but in OLYMPICS the story is not the same, compiting with dozens of Developed countries is not so good, there you see the difference of a developing country the lack of investment, because even mexicans see talent everyday as canadians, americans, chinese, kenyans,bolivians do, the difference is the support, in a developing country other things are more important.

That's why 1 or 2 medals are really heroes, who tried hard without support to win a medal, we all know that.

Buta Canada has some years ago entered to the "major leagues" and as a major league should be judged, not comparing it to Mexico :blink:

Yeah you are right in 1968! BTW the first non US city in the americas to ever host olympics.

and so far the country with more Panams, but if you see the medals in Panams we are relatively strong, placing 5 or 6, is not bad, but in OLYMPICS the story is not the same, compiting with dozens of Developed countries is not so good, there you see the difference of a developing country the lack of investment, because even mexicans see talent everyday as canadians, americans, chinese, kenyans,bolivians do, the difference is the support, in a developing country other things are more important.

That's why 1 or 2 medals are really heroes, who tried hard without support to win a medal, we all know that.

Buta Canada has some years ago entered to the "major leagues" and as a major league should be judged, not comparing it to Mexico :blink:

So when the Mexican soccer team trashes Canada they shouldn't be compared?

So when the Mexican soccer team trashes Canada they shouldn't be compared?

Obviously, there are some sports like hockey for Canada or Soccer for Mexico that are so damn SUPPORTED! have u been in Mexico, I am so pissed off that Soccer is EVERYTHING, people just love soccer, they dont care about anything else, their salary is extremely high one of the highest in the world, a lot of sponsors, and you see we get good results, good players, but that is like as I said Hockey for Canada, something like a National Sport, only one supported out of many, that is typical in a developing country Like Cricket in India, so shouldnt compare that. (and we do not care about beating Canada, we know you guys are not good, because is not popular there)

Obviously, there are some sports like hockey for Canada or Soccer for Mexico that are so damn SUPPORTED! have u been in Mexico, I am so pissed off that Soccer is EVERYTHING, people just love soccer, they dont care about anything else, their salary is extremely high one of the highest in the world, a lot of sponsors, and you see we get good results, good players, but that is like as I said Hockey for Canada, something like a National Sport, only one supported out of many, that is typical in a developing country Like Cricket in India, so shouldnt compare that. (and we do not care about beating Canada, we know you guys are not good, because is not popular there)

Not popular? I would have to say its popular in fact more children play soccer over hockey.

Not popular? I would have to say its popular in fact more children play soccer over hockey.

Good to know, most people in north and south play Baseball, but we are not good at baseball, when I say popular I mean Professionally speaking and audience number, and in Mexico Soccer gets more audience, I dont know the canadian situation, but since I have never seen Canada interested in hosting a FIFA world cup properly I assumed it wasnt one of the most popular.

Good to know, most people in north and south play Baseball, but we are not good at baseball, when I say popular I mean Professionally speaking and audience number, and in Mexico Soccer gets more audience, I dont know the canadian situation, but since I have never seen Canada interested in hosting a FIFA world cup properly I assumed it wasnt one of the most popular.

It doesnt have the capability, but you should know 2007 Canada had the best attended u-20 world cup in history

It doesnt have the capability, but you should know 2007 Canada had the best attended u-20 world cup in history

Yep, they did it really good, I think is a matter of time for canada to be competitive in soccer, just some more years and we'll see them in a better position.

Canada actually beat Brazil's A team with a C team. Wow. Or am I mistaken?

Actually the Brazilian Women's swimming team is a Z minus team of LOSERS! :angry:

Nobody trust those ladies since Maria Lenk, our first olympian in women's swimming retired decades ago. And you can walk the streets asking their names and nobody will know them because they SU*K! I mean, what kind of athlete feels proud to beat a national record coming 7th or 8th in a international competition?!?! Get real!

Archived