Guadalajara 2011

Gdl2011

I DON'T CARE! We were pathetic today: at women's basketball, men's handball, women's artistic gymnastics, Fabiana Murer, Yamaguchi Falcão... I now agree with Baron to ban those people from the Opening Ceremony for all eternity.

Oh, and nice trivia there!

That is true two favs. didn't win the gold medal. At least be happy they won one :lol: Canada didn't win any today.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good day for Brazil today, specially because the handball final match. It's never nice to lose to Argentina, specially, those stupid Handball players they have.

How are they stupid? Anyways Argentina did show improvement at the last world championship, at least they won the women's competition and destroyed Argentina in the final.

The gymnast in Guatemala who gave Rogge the envelope to announce Sochi had won the 2014 Winter Olympics, came in first today in the overall qualification.

And what has that got to do with anything? I mean what about the other folks who handed th envelopes from 1896 on to last July in Durban? Hmmmmmmmmmm???

How are they stupid? Anyways Argentina did show improvement at the last world championship, at least they won the women's competition and destroyed Argentina in the final.

I agree. Brazil had a good team and all but the Argentine goalkeeper was genious. We lost because for reasons unknown our team slowed down at the last half of the game. The fast-counter tactic just failed because we were slow and let Argentina lock up their defense while our guys were 'walking' there. When Brazil decided to quicken the game, even their goalie had a bad time. Argentina deserved it.

I'm talking about the atitude of Argentine players... Indeed, world famous, how "nice gentlemen" Argentines are in sports...

Intoronto, are you really want to become a Brazilianist or something like that?

You are overworried about Brazil...

With one person who tested positive for steroids :lol:

Funny to hear that from someone who shares the same citizenship of Ben Johnson... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm talking about the atitude of Argentine players... Indeed, world famous, how "nice gentlemen" Argentines are in sports...

Intoronto, are you really want to become a Brazilianist or something like that?

You are overworried about Brazil...

Funny to hear that from someone who shares the same citizenship of Ben Johnson... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

How am I becoming Brazilianist? A person can't have a stupid attitude. Stupid refers to someones intellectuality not some one's attitude.

Besides if you did read the rest of my post I did say Brazil at least won the women's tournament.

Ben Johnson is one. Canada has had success elsewhere in track and field rmbr Donavon Bailey and the 4X100 relay team? Brazil's recent success in swimming is because of one athlete who tested positive for steroids. Without him Brazil would have had 0 medalists in swimming in Olympic events from the last WAC.

today's Athletics finals

Men's Shot Put

1-CAN ARMSTRONG Dylan

2-CUB VELIZ Carlos

3-ARG LAURO German Lujan

Men's Long Jump

1-VEN CASTILLO Victor

2-CHI PINEDA Daniel Antonio

3-DMA REGISTE David

Women's 800m

1-CUB MUÑOZ Adriana

2-MEX MEDINA Gabriela Elizabeth

3-COL GARCIA Rosibel

Women's 100m

1-BRA SANTOS Rosangela

2-USA PIERRE Barbara

3-BAR REECE Shakera

Men's 100m

1-JAM CLARKE Lerone

2-SKN COLLINS Kim

3-TRI CALLENDER Emmanuel

Men's Decathlon

1-CUB Suarez Leonel 8373 pts

2-JAM Smith Maurice 8214 pts

3-CUB Garcia Yordani 8074 pts

My steem on Canadian people is starting to decrease...

How far will you go, Intoronto?

With Brazil gold medal in Gymnastics, Brazil reached the 1000th medal in PanAms. :)

It will be a tight race with Cuba in the final days for the second place in medal table (or first possible, since USA is out-of-this planet).

With Brazil gold medal in Gymnastics, Brazil reached the 1000th medal in PanAms. :)

It will be a tight race with Cuba in the final days for the second place in medal table (or first possible, since USA is out-of-this planet).

What exactly do you mean by that? You are not directly addressing what I said in my posts earlier. I never once did slander Brazil once.

Not sure about that last one, Cuba has made the finals in five boxing finals already. I would guess they will make it in the other five classes as well. Then Mexico has 10!!! Basque pelota gold medals to fight for.

Congratulations to Victor Castillo :) It's the first time Venezuela wins a gold at the long jump competition (8,05 mt).

This is also our ninth gold medal in the games. Btw, Cuba already surpassed Canada and Mexico in the medal table D:

Medal table from the end of the competition yesterday:

cansucks.jpg

Damn, canadá is going downhill! I'm not sure they gonna finish ahead of argentina, since they're on 4 finals in pelota basca and they're good on some sports...

Quite embarrassing for a developed country that hosted many panams, olympic and world championships.

Anyway, with argentina's resurgence it'll be harder for us to get 21 golds more than them (what we need to surpass them in the history of PanAm's games).

We'll see. Mexico needs to beat them in Pelota basca!

With one person who tested positive for steroids :lol:

you're really clueless lol.

Name the steroids he took, please.

Ignorance is bliss.

Congratulations to Victor Castillo :) It's the first time Venezuela wins a gold at the long jump competition (8,05 mt).

This is also our ninth gold medal in the games. Btw, Cuba already surpassed Canada and Mexico in the medal table D:

Yeh, I was watching that. Great win for him... He win the bronze medal in 2003 but did not compete in 2007 for some reason!

Congrats ikarus, despite not winning as many goldies, I think venezuela is improving as well, considering that this games we saw the resurgence of argentina, brasil and cuba are fighting fiercely for the 2nd place, and Mexico is doing great too. Oh and colombia already improving from 2007. All the top countries are getting better except one or two.

Medal table from the end of the competition yesterday:

cansucks.jpg

Damn, canadá is going downhill! I'm not sure they gonna finish ahead of argentina, since they're on 4 finals in pelota basca and they're good on some sports...

Quite embarrassing for a developed country that hosted many panams, olympic and world championships.

Anyway, with argentina's resurgence it'll be harder for us to get 21 golds more than them (what we need to surpass them in the history of PanAm's games).

We'll see. Mexico needs to beat them in Pelota basca!

you're really clueless lol.

Name the steroids he took, please.

Ignorance is bliss.

Uh have you forgotten that Canoeing Canada's traditional sport at the any event and Diving is still to come? As we speak Canada has won a gold in the women k-500 event.

Canada sent their B and C teams in Rowing, Swimming, Athletics three sports which have a lot of medals. Other countries didn't. In 2015 that will change so likely more golds :D However, in Canada they measure success with who has most medals and in that place Canada is third which is where they finished in 2007.

"Name the steroids he took, please." If you test positive for steroids and the governing body of the national federation wanted you not to compete, there is nothing else to prove. Your ignorant for not realizing that.

Canada sent their B and C teams in Rowing, Swimming, Athletics three sports which have a lot of medals. Other countries didn't. In 2015 that will change so likely more golds :D However, in Canada they measure success with who has most medals and in that place Canada is third which is where they finished in 2007.

Yeh, lol.

Yeh, I forgot about diving. Sorry about that... So Argentina wont get ahead of you. 5th place for the 2nd most developed country in the continent is really bad.

"Name the steroids he took, please." If you test positive for steroids and the governing body of the national federation wanted you not to compete, there is nothing else to prove. Your ignorant for not realizing that.

He did not test positive for steroids. Moron.

Stop embarrassing yourself, please. You're clueless.

Archived