Venezuela Was Robbed!

thatsnotmypuppy

Well someone had to say it.

But of course the real reason is the Venezuelans know the US would not attend - especially as it seems Hugo Chavez is going to hang on ala Mugabe for the next eternity. Either that or the costs of the new stadium needed has already spiralled out of control before a single sod has been turned.

Discuss.

Furtehrmore can a PanAms be given to Bogota when we all know the Games will be funded from cocaine revenue? Or Lima which is named after a kind of bean and as such cannot be taken serious for even a second?

according to my Venezuelan friend, he cannot run for re-election anymore, that what he told me but i'm taking that with a grain of salt since he can basically still change that. 2013 could be his last year. i also think he's losing his touch since his proposed referundum on the changes to the constitution failed even though by a close margin.

Well, as a venezuelan who lives on the country, i know exactly whats happening here: Chavez is under huge pressure because of the upcoming regional elections and it seems that he's going to lose a lot of control over some states. Plus, the Antonini Wilson case (on which a lot of people on the goverment are involved on corruption and illegal money aid for the Cristina Kirchner (argentinan president) presidential campaign) has made him took a lot of crazy decisions. Venezuela has ENOUGH resources and money to make a wonderful Pan American Games, sadly this wannabe commie gorilla prefers to build projects on other nations while there are a lot of homeless people.

Caracas has downgraded its image since 1983 because of high insecurity and insuficent manteinance. With the lot of rage Chavez has cultivated on the international comunity, the Caracas bid was going to lose anyway, so it really doesnt maters <_< , altough is still sad (besides why they didnt gave a chance to Maracaibo, which is on BETTER conditions than Caracas and its actual sport infrastructure doesnt have anything to envy to the ones of the capital)

IMHO, Caracas was the only contender capable of presenting a more realistic, winnable bid. They also have experience from the panams in '83 and recently improved infrastructure from Copa América 2007 (which Brazil won :P), and the cash of course.

There is also the possibility that Caracas made an agreement with one of the other two South American cities in order to not split the votes of the ODESUR members and give a hard time to the canadians, who'll probably get the support from most of North America.

Well, that's too bad for Caracas... I believe they were the first to announce their intentions to bid, in the first week of 2007 games wasn't it?

My bet is that Lima's bid will be more well received by PASO members, because of all that (not so) recent stuff going on in Colombia. And life is easier now for Toronto and it's Horse Show!!

Archived