• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been offered a position as Assistant Venue Press Operations Manager with TO2015 for the Games!

After a day off I was able to reflect on my experience with the games. I was very priviliged to work with the organization and this opened my eyes to what I want to do moving forward. From meeting gre

Cue a Gamesbids Article saying "Bach encourages city of Toronto to bid for the Olympics, says they would host a fantastic Games!"

Did you get them all in one mailing? I'm still waiting for all my other tickets as none came today.

Yes, all in one wave of emails.

Thanks for posting that. It's hard to believe that the Games are just about 2 weeks away, guess I'd better start studying my three-letter venue codes.

I was actually driving up north towards Muskoka last week, and I passed several signs with the three letter venue codes and "Toronto 2015" that are located off highway exits in that region. I saw signs for the equestrian, shotgun and mountain bike venues.

• Like 1

Interesting......wonders how it will compare to Baku and the European Games Opening! Everything was perfect!

I think we have already seen the most spectacular Opening ceremon of the year: Baku... And I have to mention than Singapore SEA Games was truly spectacular, too despite it was a Sochi ceremony deja vu....

I think Cirque du Soleil will present a cool show... but I wonder if it is going to be spectacular enough to be held in that stadium.... Anyway, I think we won't be disapointed...

• Like 1

And that is the great myth....you don't need money to appear professional. Compare the Baku torch ceremony to the Toronto torch ceremony. Which had been the sloppier? I mean, I am asking this to ascertain those who are really honest with themselves. The tragedy is that in Toronto's case, there was absolutely NO NEED for it to be THAT SLOPPY! I cringed at the CBC report when the flame arrived in the city. And you seriously want to host an Olympics? ..............I mean.....seriously? :blink: Clearly, there was too much overlooked. Baku was exceptional......hands down. Yes I do agree that they had the money. But there was something more.......exceptional pride. I commend them highly for showing it.

There is no need to be so flamboyant to make it proffesional...As a matter of fact, I totally agree that athletic events are to take place in a small stadium.... One of the reasons the current crissis in the orgaization of muti sport events (subsequent withdraws of prevoiusly elected host, no interest in hosting, the growing rejection of citizens to host mult sport events in their cities, the increasing lack of support of goverments that have led to flexibilization of sport programs in terms that not only one city can host all events) is the lavish way of organization... Believe me.... all venues in Baku are potential white elephants... People are not entusiatic any more to host such kind of events in their cities... because they see the waste of money is unnecesary and extravagant. May Toronto set a precedent to "simplfy" Games. The list of waste of money and white elephants has had not stop since Athens 2004...

Simplier Games are a way to rescue multi sport events... otherwise, they are going directy to the death...

There is no need to be so flamboyant to make it proffesional...As a matter of fact, I totally agree that athletic events are to take place in a small stadium.... One of the reasons the current crissis in the orgaization of muti sport events (subsequent withdraws of prevoiusly elected host, no interest in hosting, the growing rejection of citizens to host mult sport events in their cities, the increasing lack of support of goverments that have led to flexibilization of sport programs in terms that not only one city can host all events) is the lavish way of organization... Believe me.... all venues in Baku are potential white elephants... People are not entusiatic any more to host such kind of events in their cities... because they see the waste of money is unnecesary and extravagant. May Toronto set a precedent to "simplfy" Games. The list of waste of money and white elephants has had not stop since Athens 2004...

Simplier Games are a way to rescue multi sport events... otherwise, they are going directy to the death...

I didn't find Baka "flamboyant"......strip the fireworks away from the torch lighting ceremony and you've still got an appropriate and superbly organised event.

I didn't find Baka "flamboyant"......strip the fireworks away from the torch lighting ceremony and you've still got an appropriate and superbly organised event.

...as only authoritarian regimes manage to do...

Baku's opening was twice the cost of the opening ceremony of the last Summer Olympics. 'Appropriate' is not a word I'd easily associate with it.

That said, of course a balance has to be found. We don't want a repeat of Glasgow 2014's ceremonies which went too far the other way.

Baku's opening was twice the cost of the opening ceremony of the last Summer Olympics. 'Appropriate' is not a word I'd easily associate with it.

That said, of course a balance has to be found. We don't want a repeat of Glasgow 2014's ceremonies which went too far the other way.

Wow!!! That can only happen in countries were athorities won't report anything to anybody... The budget can not be twice of London ceremonies....

By the way Glasgow.... it is in of my own list of the 3 top worst ceremonies ever....

Finally, all my tickets are here. Interesting to note that the OC is the only one where I have a specific assigned seat. All the others are sit anywhere you want within your assigned category or section. To be honest, when I look at the drawings of the field hockey venue, I can't help but think our seats will be on the ground.

Release from ESPN on coverage plans.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/06/more-than-ten-ways-to-follow-the-pan-american-games-toronto-2015-on-espn-and-espn-deportes-platforms/

It's really a shame that some sports will have no coverage at all since the host broadcast agreement with CBC only covers certain sports. But then, it still beats having no coverage here as was the case from 1995-2003.

OMG.... Just a week to go and no pics fro the Opening Ceremony??...

are they having reharsals on the stadium, already?

Surely, it will be someting inferior of wat we have seen so far (SEA Games and Baku)

They're still using the stadium for other things but i guess it will be handed over to the organizing comittee on the following days. Setting up the stage at this moment now is going to be a race. I'm afraid these ceremonies will be somewhat simple

They're still using the stadium for other things but i guess it will be handed over to the organizing comittee on the following days. Setting up the stage at this moment now is going to be a race. I'm afraid these ceremonies will be somewhat simple

They surely will be... any case they will be such as Rio ceremonies.... Let's prepare to watch a Cirque du Soleil act instead masive or tech displays....

LOL at using the stadium for "other things". The Rogers Centre is the full time home of a professional baseball team. The Pan Am Games are secondary in the eyes of the stadium owners.

This undoubtedly is the shoddiest public relations preparation of any sporting event by an Olympic hopeful city. It is utterly disgraceful. And to think that some people are trying to save face about it is just.....atrocious! Baku does not have Half of Half of Half of the global impact of Toronto and it was immaculate. So too was Singapore. For a global city to be bitch slapped in this way by a city like Baku who, no doubt has caused a swing of heads in its favour is just unprecedented. Yet another reason why Toronto should not put forward an Olympic bid until the 2070's or there about. Given from what we have seen, Baku would whip Toronto soundly at the logistics and I just can't believe I typed that :blink:

Then go move to Baku if it is so wonderful, just don't come crying to us to bail you out after you've been imprisoned for being too opinionated. You've clearly fallen for a charade perpetuated by a totalitarian regime.

BTW, "bitch-slapped," I do believe Throne's fa├žade of pretentiousness is crumbling.

• Like 2