7-10 pm ESPN2

July 20 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 21 6-11pm ESPN2

July 22 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 23 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 24 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 25 430-11pm ESPN2

July 26 1-530 pm ESPN

Not bad at all here. At least 3 hours every day, most nights get 5 hours in primetime. Let's see how much ESPN gets behind this event. But overall, I am impressed. Where did you get the schedule, is it posted somewhere on ESPN's site?

ESPN/ESPN2 Broadcast Schedule

July 10 8-11pm ESPN

July 11 6-10 pm ESPN2

July 12 7-11pm ESPN2

July 13 630pm-midnight ESPN2

July 14 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 15 7-9pm ESPN2 (ESPY's night)

July 16 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 17 7pm midnight ESPN2

July 18 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 19 130-5pm ESPN2

7-10 pm ESPN2

July 20 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 21 6-11pm ESPN2

July 22 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 23 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 24 6pm-midnight ESPN2

July 25 430-11pm ESPN2

July 26 1-530 pm ESPN

I agree ESPN's schedule for this is not bad. Surely, ESPN Deportes' version will release theirs very soon and will no doubt be extensive. Tried searching to no avail. Considering how the Pan American Games have been in the US English TV broadcasting wilderness for quite some time, having at least 3 hours daily is a bit of trial run to get reintroduced there before going more for hours in the future. I also think since most Americans know about Toronto and how it's a social-cultural-economic Canadian connector to the United States, ESPN feels confident to give the Pan American Games some love this time on the English side. July 10 and July 26 have to be the ceremonies live during those time slots. A preview show wouldve been nice, and I wonder if ESPN would market this as seeing future young Olympic stars today before Rio and Tokyo?

ESPN Deportes launched their promotional campaign almost exactly last month with the help of Puerto Rican music stars Calle 13 and many Latin/Hispanic Pan American athletes like Olympic silver medallist Marlen Esparza (boxing, USA); Olympic silver medallist Luguelin Santos (400 metres, Dominican Republic); Olympic bronze medallist Javier Culson (400 m hurdles, Puerto Rico); Olympic and National record-holding backstroke swimmer from Mexico Fernanda Gonzalez; three-time gold medallist 2014 Central American and Caribbean Games Omar Pinzón (swimming, Colombia); 2014 Central American and Caribbean Games gold medallist Monica Puig (WTA#48-Puerto Rico):

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1517617/media-advisory-espn-deportes-debuts-marketing-campaign-featuring-the-music-of-grammy-award-winning-calle-13-to-promote-the-toronto-2015-pan-american-g?relation=org

ESPN Deportes 2015 Toronto Pan American Games Promo with Calle 13 and several of the aforementioned athletes featured:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DnD5LvLC4

Quaker, I used the programming search on ESPNmediazone.com. I also had ESPN Deportes included in the search, but nothing turned up (like Durban just stated).

It really is an impressive time commitment and hopefully it serves to re-introduce the event to those who assumed it didn't exist anymore because they had not seen it on tv in decades.

Durban, I do not think the closing ceremony starts until 8pm on the 26th. Events in that afternoon time slot include the men's soccer and volleyball finals and I think the women's baseball gold medal game as well.

With issues and budget cuts impacting the CBC, why doesn't the CBC ever considered having a CBC2 and SRC2 like so many national public broadcasters do around the world so that the latter, for example, would cover more extensively the Pan American Games and leave the other devoted to news and entertainment?

Canadians actually will get some Spanish-language 2015 Pan American Games coverage too when TeleLatino and Univision Canada teaming up with over 150 hours of coverage that will include along with related promo content for the Games, including pre-event specials, live TV broadcasts, nightly highlights and Hispanic-Canadian community grassroots programming. TLN will also partner with ESPN Deportes on the television production and programming. Makes sense since PASO strongly uses Spanish, Toronto has a fast-rising Latin/Hispanic community, and that Spanish actually is the third-most frequently spoken Canadian language after English and French. Interested in if there's also Portuguese:

http://tlntv.com/to2015/enespanol

http://www.sportscastermagazine.ca/production/univision-tln-celebrate-pan-games-spanish-language-television-programming/1003406113/

Quaker, I used the programming search on ESPNmediazone.com. I also had ESPN Deportes included in the search, but nothing turned up (like Durban just stated).

It really is an impressive time commitment and hopefully it serves to re-introduce the event to those who assumed it didn't exist anymore because they had not seen it on tv in decades.

Durban, I do not think the closing ceremony starts until 8pm on the 26th. Events in that afternoon time slot include the men's soccer and volleyball finals and I think the women's baseball gold medal game as well.

Thanks for the info, BTHarner.

Almost at the same level as CBC! So I assume the OC will be shown live?

Only difference being that we don't have to pay a dime for the online parts :D

Durban, I myself have wondered the same thing as to why CBC has never really explored the idea of multiple channels. They have done so with radio.

A shame that we'll probably see further cuts to CBC's funding in the future. There are already lawn signs in my area that say "I vote CBC" with people pleading that our public broadcaster is not harmed any further.

I was running through the Six today and Toronto 2015 banners are beginning to appear on city street lamps.

I was running through the Six today and Toronto 2015 banners are beginning to appear on city street lamps.

Its literally everywhere downtown now as well. Near City Hall

Hall, Westin Harbour (host hotel), on the Waterfront etc.

Very encouraging sign. These banners must be scrutinized for their design excellence or failure. I hope they are expertly aligned to the former. Pics?

Very encouraging sign. These banners must be scrutinized for their design excellence or failure. I hope they are expertly aligned to the former. Pics?

Why "must" they be scrutinized? Who is doing the scrutinizing here? What if they are neither excellent nor a failure?

We get that you want to put these design elements under a microscope as if they are going to make or break this event in the court of public opinion (which they are not, I can assure you of that). If you want to do that, go right ahead. And if some here want to join you in that effort, all the better. But take it easy with this "we must judge Toronto!" as if things like the medals or the torch or banners will be a major factor in the success or failure of a sports festival such as the Pan Am Games. In the grand scheme of things, it's just not as important as you seem to want it to be.

I submit, rather emphatically I should add, that at the subconscious level, they are strategically important to the BRANDING and PROMOTION of the event..... particularly so in light of the unfortunate yet very grave reality that the Pan Ams have fallen from the favour of the public's eye, and Toronto hosting them, might very well be the thing to change this trajectory SHOULD the Toronto people ace what needs to be aced.

For those wondering about the French coverage of Pan Am Toronto 2015 on Radio-Canada Television (I still call it that or just SRC), the times are:

Daily afternoon broadcasts from 12-3pm on weekdays (Canada/US/Mexico Central time)

1-4pm on weekends (time zone as above)

Marie-Jose Turcotte will host this French coverage during these times. Marc Durand will host the daily nightly highlight coverage broadcast of ParaPanAm on Radio-Canada.

Yes, Rogers Sportsnet has the Pan Am soccer tournament coverage as well as encore coverage broadcasts of the daily highlight shows on the CBC like what it did for the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

http://mediaincanada.com/2015/05/01/cbcradio-canada-unveils-its-pan-am-games-plan/

• Like 1

Pan_Am.jpg

Thank you Nacre, this is most kind of you. But I am referring to the banners that the Toronto people have put up in the "downtown" that the thread friends are referring to.

And I am all too aware that this is the City Hall but I mean the CURRENT exciting and dazzling banners heralding the event. Surely, they must be wonderful.

I will say that the banners I saw along Lakeshore Boulevard did look rather "bland". They sort of just said "Toronto 2015" with some having either the CIBC or the logo of the City of Toronto on them. The banners aren't super large either.

I will say that the banners I saw along Lakeshore Boulevard did look rather "bland". They sort of just said "Toronto 2015" with some having either the CIBC or the logo of the City of Toronto on them. The banners aren't super large either.

Given that, Ofan, and the cosmic absence of pics on how the downtown looks, would you say - upon seeing what you saw - that it serves as evidence enough of a gross afterthought by the Toronto people?

Given that, Ofan, and the cosmic absence of pics on how the downtown looks, would you say - upon seeing what you saw - that it serves as evidence enough of a gross afterthought by the Toronto people?

It's like, what? A little under two months to the games? Toronto's doing well having any banners up at all - Sydney only got its decorations up a week and a half before its Olympics. I seem to remember the Londoners here wondering in the months getting close to their games when they were finally going to see the bunting up.

Putting anything much up this early only risks people getting fatigued by the whole thing and all the lovely banners and such to deteriorate into limp, fading rags once they've been exposed to the elements for any length of time.

It's such a fricking tenth-order issue anyway. Get some perspective!

• Like 1

CE_VQjzUMAA_m0b.jpg

Source:Wychwood Heights BIA on Twitter.

These are on consecutive poles on streets in different colours.

You would expect Toronto to go slow with the decorating since the city has so many events going on between now and July (the IndyCar race is one event that comes to mind).

I need some advice for my trip to Toronto, pertaining to our cell phones. My carrier here offers an add-on package for Canada but it costs way too much and probably does not include enough data to make it through the week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Should this be the final offering.......it would be disappointingly shoddy and the most underwhelming of all banner designs that I have ever seen. The multi-coloured "VIVA 2015" would be far better. I shall wait a little further along and note very carefully how this is going to evolve.

You would expect Toronto to go slow with the decorating since the city has so many events going on between now and July (the IndyCar race is one event that comes to mind).

I need some advice for my trip to Toronto, pertaining to our cell phones. My carrier here offers an add-on package for Canada but it costs way too much and probably does not include enough data to make it through the week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Data is extremley expensive. I would suggest Wifi which is avilable in a lot of places and restaurants.

Should this be the final offering.......it would be disappointingly shoddy and the most underwhelming of all banner designs that I have ever seen. The multi-coloured "VIVA 2015" would be far better. I shall wait a little further along and note very carefully how this is going to evolve.

Really.. ever? You have never been this underwhelmed by a banner before? Good thing then it's only a banner. Once again, I most graciously and emphatically submit to you that most people out there don't give a crap about these things, even at a subconscious level. They're not - certainly not at this point, nearly 2 months before the event - evaluating Toronto and their performance on such a basis. Again, we know these symbols and all this minutia is extremely important to you. But in the grand scheme of things, you're really focusing a lot of attention on elements that in the grand scheme of things are very ancillary to the success or failure of the Pan Ams.

It's actually nauseating having to read this guy's pretentious drivel. I apologize that an observation made by myself during a visit to the city this week has sparked a page and a half of nonsense.

Really.. ever? You have never been this underwhelmed by a banner before? Good thing then it's only a banner. Once again, I most graciously and emphatically submit to you that most people out there don't give a crap about these things, even at a subconscious level. They're not - certainly not at this point, nearly 2 months before the event - evaluating Toronto and their performance on such a basis. Again, we know these symbols and all this minutia is extremely important to you. But in the grand scheme of things, you're really focusing a lot of attention on elements that in the grand scheme of things are very ancillary to the success or failure of the Pan Ams.

Should the bigger picture been as big as a PLANET you still would not have seen. Under NO circumstances shall I ever compete with that.