Sign in to follow this  
Apple

Toronto 2015

They could also use ESPN U, Tt's not like there's much college sports going on in July...

ESPN can use ESPNU for this--there are surely some college athletes from those nations for coverage. But that might show replays of games and docs and the like. Maybe some additional coverage on ESPNEWS.

Just remembered about MLS and NWSL soccer and tennis (including the grand slams), golf, the PBA, and the National Hot Rod

I think the one ESPN network has an Arena Football game scheduled for the night of the OC. I never thought I'd ever mention Arena Football on GamesBids.

Point is, the Pan Am Games just don't have as much currency in the Anglo mainstream US sports public like they used to have as they would in the fast-rising Latin/Hispanic communities. Hope it would change soon.

ESPN will broadcast over 70 hours of the Pan American Games in Spanish and English. Coverage will include the opening ceremonies, which have not been show on English-language television since the 1970s. ESPN has exclusive U.S. rights to the games.

ESPN will broadcast over 70 hours of the Pan American Games in Spanish and English. Coverage will include the opening ceremonies, which have not been show on English-language television since the 1970s. ESPN has exclusive U.S. rights to the games.

That's not true. CBS showed the Pan Am Opening Ceremonies with Caracas (1983) and indianapolis (1987). And I think ABC, if not TNT, did for 1991 back in Havana.

This is what the Brazilian team will be wearing during the opening and closing ceremonies of Toronto 2015. Where is that puking emoticon when you need it?

622_7a2a786c-d778-3e8d-bf67-6086f385c98f

This is what the Brazilian team will be wearing during the opening and closing ceremonies of Toronto 2015. Where is that puking emoticon when you need it?

622_7a2a786c-d778-3e8d-bf67-6086f385c98f

Well this is the Pan American Games. No one will care what they wear at these games as much as what they would wear in an Olympic OC. And you can bet that the US media won't make a huge outrcy if the US outfits are made in China again.

I don't care what they wear as along as they behave themselves after that display of dancing around the athletes seating area in 2011, It eventually became a distraction to the ceremony and was an insult to the dignity of the occasion.

It is an official atrocity struck against the art of fashion that people who DO NOT have professional insight in design philosophy speak without EVER thinking. That being said, the Brazilians have done a decent job with these uniforms. 7.9/10.

It is an official atrocity struck against the art of fashion that people who DO NOT have professional insight in design philosophy speak without EVER thinking. That being said, the Brazilians have done a decent job with these uniforms. 7.9/10.

???. Like we get it, you're hilarious. Now can you please stop trolling and just talk like a normal human being?

Edited by ofan

Permit me to say it again.. do you have any idea how much of a pretentious asshole you sound like when you make comments like that? Enough with this "professional insight" nonsense as if that somehow makes you better than us.

We shall meticulously probe how these games impact Toronto and more importantly, how Toronto impacts these games.

Who is "we" that you are speaking for? Enjoy your meticulous probe

Uuuh i know this is not really something relevant but i seriously hope they don't hire the guy who did those horrid uniforms again for 2016 :wacko:

Also, who the hell gives something a 7.9/10?

Fran Mirabella III

Will someone, given the proximity of the games, provide some visual insight into what is happening in Toronto? It must be the most tragic of all things to NOT stir excitement or at least, begin to do so.....I do hope these games are not as underwhelming.

Will someone, given the proximity of the games, provide some visual insight into what is happening in Toronto? It must be the most tragic of all things to NOT stir excitement or at least, begin to do so.....I do hope these games are not as underwhelming.

Nothing really is happening... lol.

I actually take my comment back. There has been a lot of ads everywhere (ttc etc.) That are eye catching and pretty big. But in terms of street banners for ex. I haven't seen anything.

Travel Ontario ads are respendently superlative ( :rolleyes: ) though, with those Inception horns and very action oriented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S05M-NNx_4w&index=7&list=PLltqIMqZ9RBrI5x1gx3Ii-wlc8La-ZsK4

Français aussi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7i9oOhJ6V0&list=PLltqIMqZ9RBrI5x1gx3Ii-wlc8La-ZsK4&index=8