• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been offered a position as Assistant Venue Press Operations Manager with TO2015 for the Games!

After a day off I was able to reflect on my experience with the games. I was very priviliged to work with the organization and this opened my eyes to what I want to do moving forward. From meeting gre

Cue a Gamesbids Article saying "Bach encourages city of Toronto to bid for the Olympics, says they would host a fantastic Games!"

The medals are ok. They accomplish their purpose. Now I just hope they don't make the same mistake Guadalajara did, making very cheap made ones (I remember some athletes were reported to have complained because the gold melted out so they had to be given new medals)

Great find. Good for them that there's a story behind the medals and their symbolism. And I agree.. it is definitely a piece of brilliance on your part to get someone who is so prideful of his linguistic skills and professional code to utter the term "lololol!"

The medals are ok. They accomplish their purpose. Now I just hope they don't make the same mistake Guadalajara did, making very cheap made ones (I remember some athletes were reported to have complained because the gold melted out so they had to be given new medals)

The same company that produced Vancouver's medals will be producing theses ones. So I doubt it.

If I'm not mistaken, they were produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. That's the same place where all of our money comes from, so I think they should be fine.

Great find. Good for them that there's a story behind the medals and their symbolism. And I agree.. it is definitely a piece of brilliance on your part to get someone who is so prideful of his linguistic skills and professional code to utter the term "lololol!"

There appears, most evidently, to be some seepage of hostility in your post. This certainly was not the intention on my part and so I have, most graciously, extended a warm invitation for you to "lolololol" with me. *lololololol*

Now that Toronto has produced the first "epic hit" of the approaching games, I can only hope that the torch, opening ceremonies and the attendance are also equally sensational. I would hate to have to formally distance myself from a city which is so obviously and distinctively chic.

If I'm not mistaken, they were produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. That's the same place where all of our money comes from, so I think they should be fine.

...until people start Spocking them ;)

• Like 1

A tad off topic but Canada aught to be brave and be the first of us Commonwealth countries to remove the Queen from the coins! Replace them with the historical Prime Ministers and produce new banknotes, where famous Canadians are honored on the front and back.

A tad off topic but Canada aught to be brave and be the first of us Commonwealth countries to remove the Queen from the coins! Replace them with the historical Prime Ministers and produce new banknotes, where famous Canadians are honored on the front and back.

The Queen is only on the twenty.

The Queen, like here is featured on your coins. Remove here from the coins and replace her with the PM's on each different coin, like the US does.

Yes, I am aware you condescending jackass

FINA Announces Pan American Games as Qualifying Event for Rio 2016

Today, FINA announced that the Pan American Games in Toronto will be a qualifying event for Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Noting that the Commonwealth Games was not a qualifying event for Kazan 2015, FINA TSC Chairman Carol Zaleski and FINA Vice President/Bureau Liaison to the FINA TSC Dale Neuburger ensured inclusion of the hemisphere’s most important quadrennial event. National Federations are reminded that the deadline for qualifying events for 2015 has passed, and requests for consideration for 2016 should be referred to the FINA Office for processing.

How disappointingly.......basic. It is not at all optimistic and is, most unfortunately an "epic" aesthetic collapse from the standard which the medals achieved. I am a bit sorry that I caught sight of it really. Where now shall my optimism in the actual games go? Medals 8.5/10. Torch u/10. u=ungraded