Apple

Toronto 2015

BTHarner    122

Take bus 71 from Union Station to Markham, you'll eventually see it on the left.

It's amazing how many details have stuck with me, I just can't let go.

Andi Petrillo wins Best Sports Host in a Sports Program or Series at the Canadian Screen Awards for her performance as CBC Pan Am Afternoon host at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, a first for a woman:

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/news/cbc-wins-15-awards-at-canadian-screen-awards/1004067475/?&er=NA

intoronto    631

And

Best Sound in a Variety or Animated Program or Series:

2015 Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony CBC (CBC) (CBC) Antonio Montano, Michael Nunan, Andrew Roberts, Kent Ford, Mark Vreeken

intoronto    631

Its exactly one year since the games opened! Time flies!

• Like 1

BTHarner    122

It is so hard to believe that a year has passed. The wonderful memories are still so fresh and vivid from the week my wife and I spent at the Games. I know that I complained about the way they seemed to shoehorn the spectators into the seating areas at some venues. but I now look at it as the equivalent of giving the middle finger to those who said it was a worthless sporting event on which people would not waste their time or money. The large, enthusiastic crowds validated all the emotional and financial resources that I invested in the event. The return I got on that investment is the joyous buzz I have felt over the last 12 months. It was the greatest sporting experience in my life, even better than World Cup 1994 and Atlanta 1996.

• Like 1

Great memories of the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games.....

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/pan-american-games-2015?excludenudity=true&family=editorial&mediatype=photography&page=3&phrase=pan american games 2015&sort=mostpopular

I planned to be in Toronto at that time but I couldn´t due to vacation re-schedule, but I watched lots and lots of Tv and online coverage. It was an excellent event. Some friends had the opportunity to go and praised both the city and the Games. Toronto and its people proved that they´re able to handle any big event with class. 

I´m saving money in advance to not miss Lima 2019. I must be there. And I hope my country may host the Pan Am Games once again

• Like 1

intoronto    631

For anyone interested the full video of the Parapan Opening and Closing ceremonies are now up on youtube.

Opening

Closing:

• Like 1

intoronto    631

2 yeas since the Opening Ceremony! Time has flown by!!

• Like 1

BTHarner    122

It certainly has. I'm pleased to say that I'm still feeling my Pan Am buzz.

• Like 2

LatinXTC    262

If Hamilton can't resolve these petty issues that stem from the Pan Am Games, what makes Toronto think they can do the same after an Olympic games??? 

Chris-Brown-Denied-Entry-into-Canadadrak

Oh Toronto. I love you, but you are still very ill-prepared for hosting an Olympic games, especially when there a lot of people against it and those that do support it don't have the balls to actually put in a bid.

intoronto    631
8 hours ago, LatinXTC said:

If Hamilton can't resolve these petty issues that stem from the Pan Am Games, what makes Toronto think they can do the same after an Olympic games??? 

Chris-Brown-Denied-Entry-into-Canadadrak

Oh Toronto. I love you, but you are still very ill-prepared for hosting an Olympic games, especially when there a lot of people against it and those that do support it don't have the balls to actually put in a bid.

Ill prepared? Poor choice of words? Hamilton is not Toronto...