Toronto 2015

Apple

I think this is Brazil's second best performance ever.

I still think Brazil will be in the 6 to 8 golds and 24 to 28 medals next year.

Best was Rio 2007.

Second best was Guadalajara 2011.

Toronto 2015 is the third best perfomance.

Hope you are right.

After a day off I was able to reflect on my experience with the games. I was very priviliged to work with the organization and this opened my eyes to what I want to do moving forward. From meeting great people to just enjoying the world class athletic competitions at the various venues, these were a great Pan American Games. These are no Olympics, but as the Olympic flag was coming down on Sunday I knew Toronto had hit this out of the park and the flag would one day raise again in this city. I am sad it is over, however happy that this event happened. Viva Toronto!

It's great to hear you've enjoyed your time working for TO2015. Yes, we definitely hit this out of the park. TO2015 broke Pan Am host records.

After a day off I was able to reflect on my experience with the games. I was very priviliged to work with the organization and this opened my eyes to what I want to do moving forward. From meeting great people to just enjoying the world class athletic competitions at the various venues, these were a great Pan American Games. These are no Olympics, but as the Olympic flag was coming down on Sunday I knew Toronto had hit this out of the park and the flag would one day raise again in this city. I am sad it is over, however happy that this event happened. Viva Toronto!

Congratulations, Intoronto!

• 2 weeks later...

No discussion of the ParaPan Am Opening ceremony tonight? So the first time since 1976, Parasport competition is happening in Toronto. My own personal opinions about the opening ceremony for those who tuned in:

-Parade of Nations, this time we did not have those Name Bearers that looked like they belong in the Tribute Parade for The Hunger Games....the athletes entered according to the English names of the countries this time around, (if you recall, the Spanish name of the country is how they entered for the Pan Am games) as well the name bearers walked in with real signs for the names of the countries, those electric red LED signs didn't work too well in my opinion.

-My only beef with the Parade of Nations is that the Track & Field track should have been covered over, it should have looked more professional, they had one of those humps that you conceal electrical cords underneath in the path of the Parade of Nations

-Chantal Petitclerc was the final torch bearer. The cauldron was basically the same one that still sits downtown on Bremner Blvd but much smaller. When Chantal lit the flame, the TV broadcast shifted to the cauldron on Bremner which magically started up as well, one of the guys sitting around there had a WTF look when they saw it active. Lastly, at least these final set of torch bearers knew where the next person was and the flames were all burning magnificently.

Internationally the Parapanam coverage is far better than the Panam because the Paralympic Games channel will broadcast some of the sports and ceremonies live and i think i will enjoy it....

Internationally the Parapanam coverage is far better than the Panam because the Paralympic Games channel will broadcast some of the sports and ceremonies live and i think i will enjoy it....

That's good to hear, right now, COL is facing USA in Wheelchair basketball....and it is actually being shown on LIVE TV. CBC showed absolutely no events live except the Opening and Closing ceremonies.

And guess who's leading ParaPanAms medal table by a huge huge advantage...

gold, silver, bronze, total

1 BRA.gifBrazil 58 38 43

2 CAN.gifCanada 26 34 27

3 USA.gifUnited States 24 30 26

4 MEX.gifMexico 20 20 21

http://results.toronto2015.org/PRS/en/general/medal-count.htm

gold, silver, bronze, total

1 BRA.gifBrazil 58 38 43

2 CAN.gifCanada 26 34 27

3 USA.gifUnited States 24 30 26

4 MEX.gifMexico 20 20 21

tumblr_ll1sj8Mozx1qdlkgg.gif

Deep down inside, most of us don't care about the parapan/paralympic events. I know I sure as hell don't. But I will say that sometimes I do find it quite interesting when I'm flipping through channels and I see one-legged skiers in the downhill events, also the blind ones too.

But Brazil has always had the habit of putting their best athletes in the pan american/parapan games, which their results don't translate anywhere near as great in the actual Olympics/Paralympics.

And the US has had a significant decrease of support in the Paralympics. The last time we took the top spot was in 1996, when we hosted. Since then we've had a significant decline in the medal count. We actually placed 6th at the 2012 Paralympics, and Brazil was a distant 7th. It's crazy seeing how before 1996 the US would wipe the crap out of the rest of the Paralympic competition.

gold, silver, bronze, total 1 BRA.gif Brazil 58 38 43

2 CAN.gif Canada 26 34 27

3 USA.gif United States 24 30 26

4 MEX.gif Mexico 20 20 21

For an event that doesn't matter - Dannyel last month.

First of all, what a lack of respect with disabled people. My father had a leg amputed and I think the example of those people playing sports and keeping their lives, they are really heroes.

At least, here in Brazil we praise a lot the events of Parasports. It`s indeed in the main news at night, as always.

Not to mention Rio was the first city to asked to host both PanAms and ParaPanAms together like the Olympics... Maybe we care about it.

Secondly, I think you have not much information on Paralympics...

Take a look before say some bullshit about Brazilian participation on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summer_Paralympics_medal_table

And finally, Brazil HAD the habit to send our best athletes... For Toronto 2015, we send a lot of B or C teams and even AMATEURS AND MILITARY athletes.

Update your factbook.

It seems you have a big problem with Brazil I can`t undestand...

Please, explain us what Brazil did to you, Intoronto?

Jornal Nacional, main newscast of Globo yesterday.

Brazil is proud of their para-athletes.

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/jornal-nacional/t/edicoes/v/brasil-mantem-lideranca-nos-jogos-para-panamericanos/4392035/

Edited by DannyelBrazil